“Bringing history to life!”
Review of Dublin Art Tours - CLOSED

Dublin Art Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Art Impressions offers two relaxed and intimate art tours within Dublin city – one a National Gallery of Ireland tour with a difference ... and the other a highly informative tour and viewing of the world famous Book of Kells Exhibition. They are both personal and interactive tours combining interest and learning in a light and entertaining morning or afternoon. Maximum 10 people per tour.
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Cathy met us at the appointed time and took us to see the Book of Kells. She is an extremely knowledgeable, personable and friendly guide who brought the history of this Book alive for us. She took us around to the various displays to explain certain pages and the hidden meanings in them. It was wonderful to hear about it rather than just reading the posters. The 90 minute tour also included a stop in the Trinity College Library Long Room, and she did the same excellent overview with us. We would highly recommend her tours.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Excellent! This was the perfect way to spend a morning with friends at the National Gallery.
The structure of the tour is so consistent from beginning to end that it makes it effortlessly simple to follow and remember all the information.
Our tour guide Cathy beautifully unwrapped the secrets of the masterpieces in a fresh an entertaining manner.
I'm definetly taking the Book of Kells tour next!

Reviewed 11 July 2011

We were offered Cathy's tour for the Book of Kells as part of a hotel package, and the experience was absolutely delightful. We are a family of three with a seven year old daughter. Cathy made the Book of Kells come alive for our daughter and for us. My daughter is still talking about the things she saw, and Cathy's explanations made it something that she (and we) will remember forever. It profoundly enriched our experience. If and when I return to Dublin, I will book another one of her tours. She makes art fascinating and fun and accessible.

Reviewed 3 December 2010

Our Book of Kells tour was also booked through our hotel package. Cathy met us outside the Trinity College grounds, and we knew we were in for a treat when she described the university experience and Irish sport and slang to us as we walked to the exhibit. Her enthusiasm for and knowledge of the exhibit made it come alive for us. She geared the tour to our interests- Books; 2 librarians in the family- and age range - parents with young adult son.
This tour was the highlight of our Dublin cultural experience. We highly recommend it!

CathyRoche, Owner at Dublin Art Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Many thanks for your excellent review. I am delighted that my Book of Kells tour was the highlight of your Cultural experience in Dublin and coming from librarians that is praise indeed!
I keep my groups to very small numbers (max10 people) which allows me to tune in with my customers interests on the day and lends itself to a more personal/ interactive tour - no umbrella waiving necessary on my tours :) .

Reviewed 14 November 2010

We're usually not very keen on guided tours and admittedly had this one, because it was part of a bonus package for an extended stay offered by our hotel. But as it turned out, we spent a very enjoyable and instructive time with Cathy and the Book of Kells tour. Beyond giving us the basic information, Cathy provided background information and insights both in the sights and into Irish culture that we would easily have missed otherwise. All this in a very friendly, open and humorous manner. Imagine walking around with a really well-educated friend ready to share her knowledge and engaging you into a spirited, thoughtful and entertaining conversation.

Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted that you chose my tour as the bonus offered by Staunton's Hotel ( they are running the special offer again in 2011). Perhaps your experience with my tour might encourage you to take more tours on your travels? I think the trick is to make sure the groups are small in numbers.
I am very pleased that you found my insights into Irish culture very useful - being as we say 'a true Dub' I am always delighted when I am asked questions about my native city Dublin and our culture.