“Gorgeouse waitress couldnt do enough”
Review of Mercantile Hotel

Mercantile Hotel
Ranked #116 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Myself and my family we re not staying in he hotel but decided to have lunch here on Thursday. There were 7 of us so we quite large family. The waitress was so friendly and couldnt do enough for us. We were impressed that she took an order for 7 including drinks wothout writing it down and she got every bit of it right which was even more impressive as my parents spoke no english but she still managed to get there order. She had many table and customers but still managed to be look after everyone and everyone seemed happy. She made for us espresso at the end and brought us little cakes wth them which was lovely. The food was ok but we will definitively be returning just for this waitress lovely personality. I didnt get her namee but she was i think irish/english? tall very slim and had long dark brown hair, gorgeouse girl gorgeouse personality, really made our day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MariaAlejandra989
There are newer reviews for Mercantile Hotel

Reviewed 3 December 2013

stayed for long weekend ..6 lads in total everything we needed was there .............rooms perfect company awesome .staff at hotel were incredible especially the gorgeous sam and anita................friendly, helpful with us finding our way around this beautiful city ............cant wait to go again ........

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mark p
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here with 5 friends for a long weekend celebrating my birthday. The rooms were excellent value and the staff were great! The lovely Sam and the lovely Anita were very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be staying here agai

Room Tip: For quietness ask for room at rear but I had a front room and noise did not bother me at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 73Barney
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed in mercantile hotel last Wednesday night with my daughter and 3 year old granddaughter it was great if you were to take a over night to Dublin to shop or whatever reason . This hotel is an old style building lovely quirky rooms all over the building our room was on second floor to front of building a bit noisy but nothing so bad that you couldn't sleep in the comfortable beds rooms were very clean sheets so fresh you felt like home tea coffee making facilities ,small tv all just ready for your choice . Entreatment seamed to be going on in bar / restaurant downstairs ,bar food a bit disappointed with not to great a variety but food was ok I got the fish meal but nothing but chips for my daughter and granddaughter . I recommend this hotel for any trip to Dublin for its location and confront once you go outside there is a variety of food halls spar supermarket for anything you may have forgot to take with you ,hotel staff at reception very friendly and helpfully I did enjoy my stay and hope this message is helpfully to all . Just from front door is trinity collage to your right and to your right is the lovely Dublin castle and 5 mim away is famous temple bar

Room Tip: Not to front on lower floors a bit noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We really enjoyed are stay at the mercantile from the 15th to 17th november. The atmosphere was excellent we were right in the centre of everything. The restaurant and bars in the hotel were beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Both nights the bars were packed and the atmosphere was brilliant and it was the same during the day. The staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome and nothing was to much trouble especially the receptionist and the young girl who waited our table at dinner. Although the hotel was perfect for us it wouldn't be somewhere you would go for a quiet break but we loved it.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank lisacorr
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Booked this hotel as a literally last minute one night stay on 9th October as me and my partner were heading to a concert in the O2 Arena. I was worried about this hotel as it wasn't the usual style I would of chosen but it was last minute and there were not a lot of other cheap alternatives.

Hotel is old fashioned decor but the room that we stayed in was lovely, great contemporary bathroom and a huge queen/king sized bed which was extremely comfortable. There was also a flat screen TV with tea and coffee appliances with a chair and table in the bedroom. The room was also very clean which is the first thing I inspect when I arrive at my room in a hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, offering us maps and drawing directions for us so that we took the most easily accessible route to where ever we wanted to go.

There is a nightclub and bar within the hotel which is located next to reception below the rooms which looked great and gathered many people that night which leads me to believe that it is a popular area.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, there is a large SPAR situated across the street which is handy for any snacks, shopping or alcohol. There is also a BBQ american style smoke house restaurant next to the SPAR and there is a long strip of shops and restaurants surrounding the hotel to cater to your every need. I would like to mention in particular an old school restaurant/diner called Eddie Rockets which was so delicious that we ate in it twice the same day.

The Tram service was a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel which is perfect for taking you around the City, we used it to get to the O2 arena which only cost around 6 euros for the both of us. The trams run every 7-10 minutes so it's great way to get to and from your destination.

To further add excellence to the experience there is a number of 24 hour Parking facilities located around the hotel, one of which was situated a mere 2 minutes from the hotel which we did not realise, we used one which was about 5 minutes from the hotel and they gave us a deal on our parking price if we brought back our Hotel Receipt so instead of costing us 30 odd euros it only cost 17 euros for the night.

Before I booked this hotel I noticed a lot of reviews complaining about the noise near the hotel due to the surrounding pubs and nightlife, I personally did not have any problems sleeping and was not irritated by the sounds. My partner on the other hand did hear the noise but it wasn't unbearable, I think you would need to be a very light sleeper, and quite picky for it to cause any bother.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan on booking this hotel again due to its cleanliness, comfortability, location and friendliness of staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla B
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Do not stay here if you want to get any sleep, but its the perfect place to stay if you want to be in the heart of dublins pubs and clubs and stay up all night. Decor is dated but Joe the receptionist was a very jolly happy gent.

• Stayed: October 2013