“Nice outdoor seating area”
Review of The Brazen Head

The Brazen Head
Ranked #68 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dating back to 1198, The Brazen Head is officially Ireland's oldest pub.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We visited this pub during a nice sunny (rare) day in Dublin. We sat in their outdoor garden as you enter in from the street. We stopped in just to see the place and have a beer and share some wings. Great conversations from people sitting around us and the beers and wings were good too. Would definitely go back on our next trip.

There are newer reviews for The Brazen Head

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Now isn't the Brazen Head "grand"! From the entry through the outdoor seating area to its various rooms and bars, to the meals upstairs, the Brazen Head offers a true pub experience. The food was delicious and the drink selection was perfect for our family.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went there for dinner and a drink. I enjoyed my bacon and cabbage but my wife's Guinness stew was sub-par compared to other stews we've had. It was noisy and crowded which is to be expected from such a popular pub but the service lacked because of it. Based off this experience we are going to stick to the road less traveled as the menus across Ireland are almost the same and service is much better in less popular spots. Cool to say you've been to the oldest pub in Ireland but I won't be returning.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We came here for lunch one day and were not disappointed!! We were absolutely starving and ordered chili with 2 sides of fries- not very irish of us but omg that chili was unbelievable!! The fries were also great. This is definitely a place to come for food and drinks- the last time I was in Dublin I had the pasta carbonara once again not very irish of us but it was outstanding and better then any I had in Italy !!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was such a great stop! The bartender and servers were friendly, attentive, and helpful. The smoked salmon caper salad was very good and my husband loved the Guinness beef and potatoes. It was amazing to sit in a place with so much history! I would highly recommend!