“Oldest pub in Dublin and a good one”
Review of The Brazen Head

The Brazen Head
Ranked #9 of 291 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Dublin's oldest pub is still kicking: a fun, friendly bar with lots of atmosphere.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Have a reservation. Folks were very friendly and the service was good. Place has tons of character. Very inviting. We ate the stew. It was outstanding. Very nice menu. It had a steelers terrible towel hanging in it!
Will go back soon. Going here is a must.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)
All reviews
in 63 reviews
"ireland"
in 99 reviews

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I already wrote a review for this place but that was in the restaurant section. Since this place is the oldest pub in Ireland it's also a place you have to put on your list of places to go to. You won't be disappointed because this is really a nice pub with different rooms, outdoor seating, great music and most important friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. I've been there a few times and I kept going back until I had to get back home again. The food is good and the drinks are not as over priced as they are at the Temple Bar and they simply make the best Irish Coffee I know! Will be back some day!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

While in the brazen with my two children overseas visitors were disgracefully ordered to stop their beautiful singing by a horrible bar man by causing a scene in front of all the people in the pub. what an absolute disgrace and its supposed to be the best irish pub, well they ought to be ashamed and all those tourists paying their wages. And also the drinks are way overpriced. Never again will I or any of my family enter that hole again.

4  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I went to this pub with a group of 20 plus Irish and international adults, we all bought a drink and sat down outside in the garden/smoking area. One guy had a guitar and started to play various songs, we had a great sing along, with many others who were not from our original group also singing along. We stayed for over an hour and a half, constantly buying drinks and spending a lot of money until the manager came out and t o d us to stop singing, he said that its not an open mic night and that no one asked for permission to sing. A different family who were sitting nearby told him not to speak to us like that and that they were enjoying the music. I was so disgusted with the manager, after waiting to get all the money out of us and then telling us that we were rude to not ask permission. Overall it is a typical tourist staff with extremely rude management. Do not go here, you will be very dissapointed.

6  Thank AmyW3082