My mom, aunt and I spent two nights at the Aberdeen Lodge, and it was absolutely delightful. The breakfasts were lovely, the staff was kind and attentive, and the location was excellent.
There were a few problems, however. First, I had requested a triple room (which was an option when booking; three single beds), but the room had only two beds when we arrived. I spoke with the manager on duty, and by the time we returned from tea, there were three beds in the room! It was a very quick resolution, and the beds were all great (the extra bed was a REAL bed, not a cot).
Secondly, when I got our bill at checkout, I found almost 200 Euro in additional costs! (Fortunately, I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor warning guests to review their bill at the end of the stay, so I caught them immediately). There were bar fees and room service fees, none of which we had used. After a discussion (which almost made us late to the airport), the manager resolved the matter and we were charged the amount that appeared on my initial reservation invoice.
So, heed this advice:
1) Take a copy of your online reservation, which clearly shows the cost that you expect to pay.
2) Keep careful track of what amenities you use. (Even request receipts at the bar or at breakfast if you order anything not included in the B&B fee)
3) Review your bill at checkout to ensure that all charges are legitimate. Do not leave until you resolve any issues.
Do not let this keep you from staying at this wonderful B&B. It is a wonderful place that you will fondly remember - - - Just watch out for yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect balance of luxury, privacy and location. Aberdeen Lodge Ballsbridge is one of Dublin's gems, discretely hidden in the exclusive embassy district of Ballsbridge. Large well-kept gardens surrounding grand mansions give the place an air of refined exclusivity. Aberdeen Lodge Hotel Ballsbridge Dublin shares all these privileges. The elegant rooms and suites in this urban estate include four poster beds, period furnishings and views of the attractive gardens. The award winning breakfast is served in the period style dining room overlooking the landscaped gardens. Afternoon teas and fine wines are served in the main drawing rooms and library where guests can relax. Staff are extremely welcoming and are happy to assist guests in arranging city and countryside tours. Complimentary secure guest car parking is available onsite at Aberdeen Lodge Dublin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Aberdeen Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aberdeen Hotel Dublin