“Great value hotel in central location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albany House

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Albany House
Ranked #66 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Great value hotel in central location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel was in easy walking distance to all attractions. The rooms were large and clean with a great shower. Staff were friendly and helpful. You couldnt expect more for the price paid. Good value and would recommend if you want a good 3 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We had a nice room in the 4th floor. The breakfast was nice and we especially loved the fruit salad. A great place to stay in Dublin which is also quite close to the city center. We'd love to come back again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

For our last night in Ireland, we wanted to stay in one of the hotels in the many Georgian houses around St. Stephen's Green. The Albany House seemed to us like a very affordable option in this regard, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Our room was ready before the official check-in time--a nice change compared to our usual experience in the UK and Ireland. It was on the second floor facing the courtyard behind the hotel, super quiet, and very spacious, with very high ceilings and nice plaster ornaments. The bathroom was huge as well, with a sleek and functional design. Wifi was fast and easy to use.

Breakfast was a bit basic but with delicious poppyseed rolls. Maybe some boiled eggs and meats could have complemented the jam and cheese that was offered.

The hotel is nicely located for sightseeing and shopping purposes, with all the major destinations within walking distance. Aircoach offers a fast and frequent airport connection to and from the Lower Leeson Street stop (€8 one-way), which is also where you can catch or get off bus 145 to and from Heuston Station (does not run frequently on weekends though).

Room Tip: We would recommend asking for a room facing the courtyard behind the hotel and/or on a higher floor...
1 Thank SGECHAMPION
Tullamore, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in Albany House on a week night in December. We had tickets to a show in the O2 and had planned to go out afterwards.

The location of the hotel was the main attraction as it is just on Harcourt Street, beside St. Stephen's Green. The interior of the hotel was beautiful. It was cosy, warm, inviting and the receptionist was lovely and chatty.

The room was spacious, warm, with a modern, big TV and a very spacious bathroom with a big bath, which is always a huge bonus for me as I always take a bath when staying in a hotel.

We were out for the night and returned to the hotel at approximately midnight, only to find the door closed. After 10 minutes of standing in the freezing cold and continuous ringing of the bell was the door open, to which a man simply stated "Room number?" and were granted entry when I replied. Not the best system to have if you plan on returning to the hotel after a night out. I felt like I was returning home after I missed my curfew.

The beds were comfy, however, as it was December, we could've perhaps done with an extra blanket as it was a little chilly in the middle of the night. Still, I had a much better night's sleep than in other places that I've stayed in.

The location of our room was unfortunate. We were under the room that was being used for breakfast and, as the floorboards was so thin, we could hear continuous footsteps above our heads in the morning from 6 a.m. Also, the Luas was outside our window, granted, it wasn't too loud and stops at approx midnight and begins at approx 6, so it wasn't too bad. So, I can't speak for other rooms at the hotel, perhaps we were just unlucky.

The breakfast was a huge disappointment. It was a continental breakfast that started at 7:00 a.m. and finished at 10:30 a.m. We arrived down at 9:30 a.m. only to find most of the pastries gone and with the fruit salad beginning to turn brown. We ended up with toast that tasted like cardboard and quite watered down tea. I ended up having oj and bread for breakfast. Not ideal.

In all, I liked the location and interior of the hotel. I do believe that we were just unfortunate with the room we were allocated but the breakfast was a huge disappointment but I would stay there again as I do think it was value for money.

Room Tip: Any rooms on a lower floor than ground level are bound to be noisy and try to avoid the rooms beside...
2 Thank Niamh S
Highlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked Albany House for a short break, largely on the basis of favourable price. The hotel was much better than I had expected. It is a nice Georgian building in a good neighbourhood close to St. Stephen's Green and within easy walking distance of many of Dublin's best-known attractions.
My room was spacious and the shower room was sparklingly clean. There were coffee/tea making facilities and the large TV had a good selection of Irish and UK channels. The bed was comfortable and although my room overlooked the road with trams etc., I had no problems with noise.
My room would have benefitted from some redecoration; but this seemed to be imminent, judging by the painter at work next door! He, like all the hotel staff I encountered, was pleasant and cheerful.
The breakfast (un-cooked) was very good and I particularly enjoyed the local crusty brown bread. The fixed menu might be something of an issue for guests staying for longer periods.
Albany House would be my first choice if/when I return to Dublin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Scotty062
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel in December. The location is great - 5 minutes walk from one of the busiest shopping streets, walking distance from interesting monuments like Trinity College, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick Cathedral...
Room was spacious and nicely equipped. We asked for a quiet room and we got it, but I can imagine the rooms facing the main street can be a bit noisy (tram goes there and drunken people, too :) ) Everything was perfectly clean. Only the bed mattress was too soft for our backs, this was the only bad thing about our stay, but can be quite important one. And the inside temperature was not really high, as the heating was switched off - probably was too hot weather for Irish to start the heating :)
Breakfast was basic but good - musli, fruit, cheese... no bacon, no ham, no meat.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
The bus 16 from the airport has a stop about 300 meters from the hotel. Be careful when going to the airport, the journey takes about 1 hour (we went home on Monday morning), so leave enough time for the journey. Of course, you can choose taxi or airport bus, which are faster.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room prior to your arrival.
1 Thank Daniela D
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I don't usually review hotels but I just felt like I had to after just returning from a weekend stay at Albany House. The location was absolutely fantastic, 5 minute walk to Grafton Street and St Stephens Green. The room was beautiful, we were lucky enough to get upgraded to an executive suite and it was amazing. .the whole building is beautifully decorated throughout and very clean. I honestly can't fault the hotel and its very friendly staff. ..a real find..will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013