“Will stay again”
Review of Albany House

Albany House
Ranked #60 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Perfect for a weekend stay in Dublin. Large hotel, professionally run, Georgian style décor provides character. Renovated bathrooms were a nice bonus. Clean rooms, safe street, some street noise, but nothing too crazy. As website states there is no lift, so if stairs are problematic, book a lower level room. Yes, continental breakfast only but with lots of options (and a nice break from the sausages and blood pudding). Very easy walking distance to Grafton St, Temple Bar, Trinity College and tour sightseeing bus. I will stay again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms toward back of the building have less (although not completely silent) street noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank union7jack

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in December for my husbands 30th bday. There was a group of us and I found the price to be reasonable. There was no issue with us being a large group which was good. Rooms were clean and warm for the time of year. We didn't make it to breakfast but I was told it was ok. No issues checking in or checking out. We had a room in basement and it was lovely and big. Slept well and had great night at night club across the road apple jacks.... I think it was called.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I gave this 3 stars because of the noise. Be aware that there are 4 night clubs across the street along the block. Dublin is a college town. If you love the night club scene the place is great. The noise on the street (singing, shouting, screaming and breaking of glass) does not stop until about 5:30 AM. It is quiet during the day (which is a good time to sleep if you are up all night).
There is no elevator or lift. To get to the second floor it is 60 stairs. There are 4 floors. There is a landing after 30 stairs before proceeding up the next 30 so you can rest 1/2 between the floors.
The reception area has Internet. The rest of the hotel has internet access with a different company. This company wants a voucher number when signing in. The 3 nights I stayed the receptionist was unable to give us any working voucher number or code to get onto the internet in our rooms. I was on the 4th floor so I would travel down the stairs to the reception area to check my email.
The breakfast is good. It starts at 0730 AM. The door has a sign on it that says "wait to be seated". I waited by the door for a good 20 minutes the first morning without being given any direction to a seat. The other 2 mornings I just went into the dining area and found my own seat. Not sure the significance of the sign.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaltLakeCityLori
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here last July and enjoyed it very much. Nice room and updated bath. Excellent bed and no noise. Perhaps a good location. The breakfast was good and with the cereals, breads and cheeses we did't really miss the fry. For the price you really can't beat location. The staff was courteous. To validate this review we are looking forward to staying at the Albany House again the first week in June.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at Albany House for three days. The location was great. We were just a few short blocks from several hot tourist spots: St. Stephen's Green, the Book of Kells, Grafton Street, etc.

We arrived before check-in, but we were able to leave our bags and were given directions to Cafe Bliss, a cute cafe just down the street where we had a traditional Irish breakfast. When we did check-in, things were a bit hectic at reception, but they got us squared away pretty quickly.

Our hotel was bigger than I expected based on reviews of European hotel rooms. It wasn't enormous, but there was plenty of room for our three beds and all our suitcases. The bathroom was an excellent size. It looked very modern and the shower was fantastic. Plenty of water pressure and hot water for all three of us to shower each morning.

The ladies at reception were very helpful giving directions, booking taxis, etc.

Our booking came with free breakfast which we had two of the three mornings. There were four types of cereal, a cheese board, a variety of breads, fruit, tea or coffee, and juice. We got plenty to eat while we were there.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Stephanie G
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This quaint B&B is centrally located for a short walk to many restaurants,St. Stephen's Green, Trinity College, pubs and other sight seeing venues. It was a good value considering location and inclusion of breakfast. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Lodgings here most often have double beds, but some rooms also include a single bed as well, which ours did.
The room was a good size and mattress was average. The bathroom was classified as a "wet" room, which we certainly found to be true. Every time we showered the spray went all the way to the bedroom entrance. We ended up covering the floor with towels before showering. We thought the building and furniture looked tired and run down. Even though we knew what to expect for a continental breakfast seeing the fruit salad being recycled each morning got boring. Some boiled eggs would be a nice addition. We stayed on the first floor, at the back of the hotel. The room got hot, so we opened the windows. Since it was a Bank Holiday weekend there was partying, music and loud singing in the adjacent buildings well into the wee hours of the morning. It wouldn't be my first choice for a repeat stay, but obviously this is based on personal preference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with our very large luxurious guest room, it was a wonderful feeling and sight after travelling for 30 hours. Very neat and clean. The guest house is only a short walk to the city centre either straight down the street or through St Stephen's Green. The breakfast was plentiful and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this accommodation to my friends and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple