“fab location,spaces rooms”
Review of Albany House

Albany House
Ranked #65 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 1 February 2009

stayed in albany house great location,fab rooms looks like all rooms were recently redone,fab bathrooms ,staff so friendly and helpful and breakfast so healty good location for o2 arena and any other surrowding theaters .will be defo coming back

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Albany House

Reviewed 11 January 2009

My Boyfriend and I booked a weekend two night stay here after viewing it's website.
It appered to be very homely and warm and having stayed there I can stay that our first impressions were 100% correct.
I could not reccomend Albany House more,they were very friendly and very helpful.
Our check in time was not until 2.pm but when we arrived at 12 the staff let us leave our bags and take our room key because we reached Dublin eariler then expected.
The room was lovely, warm and clean with a nice bathroom and lovely bath!
My boyfriend and I greatly enjoyed our stay here and would definatly return!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2008

Fabulous hotel for the price. On the quiet end of Harcourt but a perfect location to go anywhere. St stephens green, shopping and food just up the street. I looked for a long time for a hotel that was close to this area but that didn't have horrible noise issues. I found it in this hotel. We stayed our first night in Dublin north of the Liffey but south of theLiffey if you are shopping and sighseeing is better. The only negative thing I can say is they don't have a lounge in the hotel for a night cap. The rooms were large and the showers were the best of the hotels we stayed at while in ireland.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2008

My Mum, brother and I had such a lovely time at the albany hotel.
It has a warm friendly environment, clean warm rooms and spacious bathrooms.
The staff were really helpful and genuine and couldn't do more to help you.
We stayed the weekend of the Dublin Marathon, in which we were taking part in the family run, and The Albany was kind enough to let us keep our room late free of charge so that wew could shower and change afterwards!
The breakfast was really nice, basic, but nice! And the tea was soo soo nice. Its in a great location right by St Stephens Green, the only bummer is the Luas running outside but you cant help that and u get used to it.
Thanks for a really great stay

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2008

I went to Dublin on a hen weekend. There was 22 of us, some stayed at this hotel and the rest stayed in Harrington Hall.
From the airport we got a bus which was 1euro90 each. The check in was quick and easy and got to our rooms straight away. The shops are about 5-10min walk also you will find some pubs there to. We had a triple room which was massive. Lovely bathroom, clean and confrotable beds, but we only had one spot light for the whole room, even though there were lamps, it still wasnt bright enough. On the same street there are nightclubs and more pubs, I never went to these but friends said they were good. Everyone in Dublin was so friendly, and laid back, taking photos of us and chatting, such a lovely place.
Spent most of the time at Temple bar which can be walked, the only thing that annoyed me about my trip was the beggers, every 2mins I was stopped which kinda got annoying. From the hotel to the airport we got a taxi, it cost us 42euros, but cost friends 35euros, so it varys. In a taxi it took about 20mins. You can email me if you would like to ask qeustions. This trip was excellent

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 14 June 2008

Wonderful location just 100 metres from St Stephans Green. Lots of really good bars, bistros, restaurants and convenience stores in the vicinity (If on a budget, try the bistro called Cafe Bliss at the end of the lane opposite - really cheap yet plenty of well cooked food on the plate.) Grafton Street less than five minutes walk, ten minutes to get to the pubs on the Liffey.

Lovely Georgian building with original ceiling mouldings etc, but decor is unimaginative (Plain beige walls, 1980s style red carpets and so on). Could easily be turned into a fine boutique hotel - but then I guess prices would go up! Breakfast good, staff friendly and efficient.

Do ask for rear facing room. Although view is only of a small cul-de-sac and some dingy flat roofs, it has got to be much quieter than a front facing room - trams rumble by every few minutes!! Room I had was large, with king size bed and satellite TV with a range of Irish and UK channels.

I intend to stay here again when next in Dublin .

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank ge0rgen
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Stayed at the Albany House for one night (Saturday) in April. The hotel was in a brilliant location for what we wanted; just far enough from the crowds (we thought) but close enough to walk to Temple Bar etc if we wanted to. The Hotel itself still had a lovely "old world" charm to it. The rooms; although quite dated, were well equipped with lovely modern bathrooms and were very clean. We were on the top floor and as the hotel did not have a lift we had quite a few stairs to climb (which wasn't too bad unless you had been shopping all day)!

Our room was facing the street and was very noisy. You could hear the tram going past all night, road sweepers etc. I think one of the lovely looking houses across the road had a nightclub in the basement as about 3.30am a swarm of people went by laughing, singing, screaming and shouting. It seemed like it went on for ages; although it was probably only half an hour.

The breakfast was continental style and was lovely. The ladies in the breakfast room were extremely helpful and pleasant. There was fresh fruit salad, cereal, yoghurt, pastries, melon, breads etc.

All in all a good stay, just a shame about the noise. I would stay here again but would need to bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family