Avalon House
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
All reviewsfree breakfasttemple barsmall roomgrafton streettrinity collegedormirelandpub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
AvalonDublin, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hi guys,
I spent a lot of months in this Hostel and I really recommend it.
It's a nice place where staff is very friendly, nice and helpful.
The room are very clean to be an hostel and they change your sheets and pillow cases every 3 days. Also the sharing room are nice with a lot of space and the people that I met there were very nice and respectful. I spent great time there, at the moment I get an apartment in Dublin but I always go there once per week because I miss the lovely athmosphere.
The only negative aspect is that the kitchen closes at 10.00 pm, that it's a littel bit early if you like eating late.
Anyway I traied a lot of Hostel in Dublin, but I think Avalon House is the best one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
AvalonDublin, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to write this review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back to Avalon in the near future .

All the best ,
Avalon Team

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Setting aside the usual yearning for cleanliness and peace and quiet, one can really learn to love this hostel.
This being said, the hostel always smells clean, despite the fixed carpet in the room, and the public facilities don't look new, but are clean.
The biggest asset of this hotel though, aside from the awesome location, is the genuinely friendly staff. A big shout-out for Gustavo.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
AvalonDublin, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to write this review .
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us .
We hope to welcome you back to Avalon in the near future .

All the best ,
Team @ Avalon House

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Denied late checkout (1pm) due to 'st pats weekend'. Our stay was for St Pats night after the parade.

Our twin room was right next to shower room, and LOUD.
Also we had to climb over numerous split level stairs to get to the room out of the lift.

Room was decent for the price but people running up and down the halls and the showers banging resulted in no sleep.

I asked for us to end up with late checkout so we could try and get some sleep before our flight. Managment agreed.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I was very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us , as discussed during your visit our night porters do try there best to keep noise levels to a minimal and we do provide free ear plugs at the reception.I hope the complimentary late check out of 5 pm helped with getting a little sleep before your travels that night.
We hope to welcome you back to Avalon in the near future,

All the best
Team @ Avalon House

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was there with a friend, but she wanted to stay in a hotel instead. The room was very clean, albeit small. (to be expected) The staff was very helpful in directing me to major points of interest. Breakfast was a cold one, but still very filling and tasty.

So, I arrived to check in and it appeared I made a mistake in booking my room. They were great about getting me in for the night at the very least. They also provided me with many alternate choices. Unfortunately I was there during the strew performance world championship and every hostel was booked for the weekend.

I ended up just staying in the hotel for the rest of my trip in Dublin.

Room Tip: Pick a small room if you aren't into sharing with strangers -- although I find that to be half the fun of hostels.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo