“Ireland's top department store” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brown Thomas

Brown Thomas
Ranked #115 of 498 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: A posh Grafton Street department store.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 539 helpful votes
“Ireland's top department store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Coming from Edinburgh, it is tempting to make a comparison with the Edinburgh department store Jenner's. Brown Thomas is considerably better - and is a first class department store. The sales staff are excellent and the range of items for sale (not just clothing) is very good. Located in Grafton Street.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Matthew303

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exceptional Customer Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This review is based on the exceptional customer service I received after returning home to South Wales after purchasing in the Tiffany&Co department of the store.

I purchased a silver ring within the department in December 2013, which cost me just over £360. With the ring being expensive, I was not pleased to find my finger starting to turn green on my way home the next day. I then found the ring to be discolouring along the back band several days later. I have always been a big fan of Tiffany&co jewellery and have never had any problems with their silver. For this reason, I decided to email the department looking for advice.
I received a lovely email back from a lady called Melissa who was kind enough to explain what might have happened, but was willing to send me some cleaning cloths through the post, from Ireland to Wales, to see if polishing the silver would get it back to its best.
Just under a week later, I received a tracked parcel with a pot of Tiffany&co Silver Polish and three cleaning cloths free of charge.
I am pleased to say that this has worked, and my ring is now back to a lovely silver.
I think that this type of customer service is excellent, as Melissa could have simply explained why the ring could have been discolouring and not offered a solution.
It is reasons like this why I love Tiffany&co, they always aim to please the customer to the highest extent.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank frances401
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Pure Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

The tag line says it all, a posh department store on Grafton.
If you are looking for a shop that carries the top shelf brands, trained and particularly helpful staff, and reasonable pricing for the goods on offer, then this is THE SHOP in Dublin City Centre.
It's a great place to window shop as well, and the staff won't be put off at all to show you things out of te glass, even when they know you're just browsing. They have nearly every known scent bottle, top cosmetics and a great selection of high end watches (which is why I always pop in to gawk for a few minutes)
If you do stop in, do yourself a major treat and try a macaroon. I'm sure you will agree... AMAZING!

2 Thank Rick P
Belfast, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exquisite customer service in Tiffany's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have been in Tiffany stores in New York and London and they were nothing compared to the wonderful customer service I enjoyed in Dublin.
Myself and my daughter were delighted by the distinguished gentleman who was courteous and warm, knowledgeable and polite.
We did not make a purchase on the day but we will be back to buy and we know just where to find a charming and helpful sales assistant.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Jacqui R
Oslo
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have been to Dublin many times and also visited Grafton Street. Brown Thomas looks so posh that I always thought: not for me.... How wrong I was! Feeling bold and daring I did enter this time (October 5) and the only thing I regret is not having done it before.
Yes, it might be a bit pricy, but has excellent Products. It is however the customer service that was absolutely outstanding. Every person I met went out of their way to help me out. I was really surprised. SO... there is no doubt that I will be back again!

Visited September 2013