“Something out of a Guinness advert”
Review of Kevin & Howlin

Kevin & Howlin
Ranked #23 of 178 Shopping in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Ladies, is your man still wearing the same tattered T-shirt he rescued from a thrift shop in college? Take him to this menswear store and get him something nice.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Something out of a Guinness advert”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

An excellent gem in Dublin, the small store is stacked to the brims with all the tweeds you could desire. Prices are great, an excellent place to get presents for others, rather than the usual tourist tat. Employees are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. The place oozes tradition and heritage, and quietly tramples, nearby Dubarry's, and further a field Cording's, in this aspect.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank DMCMIII

Washington state
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“THE shop for Tweed in Dublin (and perhaps Ireland?)”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This is a very small shop but has a huge amount inside - especially the hundreds of tweed caps in all sizes, colors, etc. If you want to get something made to order or get something from their surprisingly large selection, worth stopping by. My only regret is that they do not have an ecommerce site set up so it will be tough to buy the 4 caps I'd planned to for friends and family without a bit of effort, as it looks like we may not make it back through Dublin in time. Alas.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DTMILLER
San Francisco, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My 35 Year Old Tweed Jacket”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I didn't seek out K&H when visiting Dublin 345 years ago, but a tweed jacket in the front window called out to me. I just came back from an engagement brunch and wore the jacket. It looks like new, garners compliments and has always been my favorite. Comments from current visitors suggest nothing has changed. The salesman was helpful, the tailoring impeccable. And at the time, if I recall correctly, the Punt (well before the Euro) had tumbled close to parity with the Greenback.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank gratianus
Pulaski, Tennessee, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“On a mission”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I was on a mission to buy a Donegal tweed coat while in Dublin. Luckily I stumbled into this shop. Great service and more inventory than i could look at. I love doing business with local independant businesses.

1 Thank Brenda S
Annapolis, Maryland
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Love this shop”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Had read in my travel book about this little gem of a store and made it a point to stop in. The shop keepers were polite and attentive without being pushy.

I had my heart set on a scarf and they were patient while I perused the inventory. The saleslady was helpful with explaining the VAT shopping card. I had shopped for most of the day and she was the first salesperson to take the time to help me out.

Had a great experience!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ASHMD
kevinhowlin, Public Relations Manager at Kevin & Howlin, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Good Morning,

We're delighted that you enjoyed shopping at Kevin & Howlin. We hope you found something nice take back home with you.

The tax back card helps put a little bit back in your pocket, so hope you were able to use that.

We'd welcome you back any time and thanks so much for taking the time to review us.

Kevin & Howlin