“Work do at the Dogs”

Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium
Ranked #58 of 556 things to do in Dublin
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It was my first time organising a work night out and I am so happy I chose Shelbourne Park.
There was nothing that I could find fault with. The staff were so helpful, professional, kind and happy to cater to our every need. And of course I need to mention the lovely sorry delightful Karen, who greeted me at the door. she is such a lovely woman and I'm sure that Shelbourne Park is a better place with her at the helm. Top job Kar!! I am absolutely going back again.

Food was excellent too and the girls who served us our dinner and the totes were very professional.

1  Thank Paul B

Reviewed 18 June 2014

From the moment we entered the grandstand restaurant and were met by the delightful Karen, we knew we were going to have a really good evening.
We only had one winner all evening, but that really didn't spoil our enjoyment.
My fillet steak was superb, but unfortunately my wife's sirloin was not. The reaction of all of the staff was just brilliant. Chef acknowledged that the sirloin was not good, and sent out a really good fillet instead.
I really cannot praise the excellent service we had all evening from not only the Dobbin's staff, but also from the Tote girls. Top marks all round.

4  Thank GOURMET4666
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visited the "dogs" during our weekend in Dublin, we took our three children, who had a really fun night, and we had a great time, and we won...even better....

The tote to our table was fantastic, she was so helpful and made the evening even better.

We were really surprised at the food, it was great, all beautifully presented and fresh.

If we come back to Dublin, this will definitely be at the top of our list to do again.

2  Thank Tracy006
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A night at the dogs is a great night out. See what the locals get up to in their spare time. There's food here also and it's pretty good. Food, drink, banter and a punt; a great Irish night out

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We went to Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium this weekend. The place is buzzing with energy with people doing analysis, betting, chatting and having fun all around. Chips at the restaurant were okay. Takes a bit of time for beginner to understand the betting process as the brochure doesn't explain it well and is a little confusing (meant to be?) but staff is helpful in providing information. We placed small bets for fun and it was great to see my daughter, wife, brother and his fiance jumping with joy when our dogs were leading or winning. Overall great experience...!!!

2  Thank Vikas G