“Take Your Party to The Ormond”
Review of The Ormond Wine Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Take Your Party to The Ormond”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I visited the Ormond wine bar when it was being rented for a private party. The front area is a cozy wine and drink area, the upper room a modern high class bar and restaurant, and below is a large gathering area for parties, wine tasting, and more tables. The location is awesome, right along the waterfront, and just steps away from tons of the trendiest most happening parts of town. This is a great place to start your Dublin nightlife walk, or rent out for special occasions.

• Visited October 2011

Dublin, Ireland
“Dublin's Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

To put it simply, this restaurant/bar was one of the nicest dining experience I have had since I moved to Dublin a few years back. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic menu and great value on both food and wines makes this place somewhere that you really cant walk past.

Main Courses start around the €8.50 mark and most expensive when I dined was the steak, and at €15.50 its still a steal.

I was surprised at the size of the place, and the simple but effective décor complements the building nicely. When I dined last week, there were some vintage ageing barrels outside where I sat with a glass of pinot and enjoyed the summer sun.

I would love to say don't tell anyone about this place and keep it to yourself, but business doesn't work like that!!

Enjoy this place....

• Visited May 2012
Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We highly recommend the Ormond Wine bar. We have visited twice and have found the service, staff and wine to be excellent. Nice setting. Great location. Lovely food at very reasonable prices. Great place for a quiet drink or a party with friends as there are a variety of locations within this lovely building.

• Visited October 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Walk this way for tasty treats......”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My wife and I have been going to this place a few times over the last month and have found both the food and ambience very appealing in comparision to some of the busier so called 'bistro-type' establishments found South of the River Liffey.

It's location is on the North side of the river, away from the tourist traps of Temple Bar and Dame Street, but if you walk from here, across the river to the corner of Capel Street and Ormond Quay it's only a short distance along the Quay from there.

There are a couple of seats and tables outside, and comfortable armchairs and setees inside, to relax with a glass of wine whilst ordering food.

On this particular occasion we tried the Calamari Salad with Roasted Vegetables on the side, which I must admit was the best I have tasted in a long while, washed down with a couple of glasses of Bajondillo, a spicy, yet very pleasing red wine with an accompanying Cheese Board.

The menu is small, but everything listed is of excellent quality and presented very well.

We got talking to the very chatty waitress (as the place wasn't particularly busy for a Wednesday) who informed us that the food sourced was very similar to that of L'Gueuleton, as the chef used to work there,but in my experience the L'Gueuleton's food was about twice the price!!

There are also future plans to hold photographic and art exhibitions there on weekdays, and DJs on a Saturday night in the basement downstairs.

4 glasses of Bajondillo, 2 Calamari Salads, Vegetables, Bread and Cheese came to €53.00 excl. tip, which, for the meal we had is pretty reasonable for Dublin.

I would fully recommend this winebar to all, for both it's quiet ambience, and more importantly, the food served in a friendly manner.

I would only hope that in future both visitors to Dublin and residents will walk that extra few yards to this establishment, to savour it's many delights. Give it a lash, and see what you think!.

• Visited July 2011
Dublin
“a little gem”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My husband and I visited the Ormond Wine bar for dinner to celebrate finding the perfect birthday present for our two year old (any excuse). The food was extraordinarily good, the place is quirky and comfy. The service is relaxed, friendly and appreciative of an atttentive audience. It has live music, but unfortunately was not very busy the evening we were there, so the atmosphere was a little wanting. If you do try the hake you will NOT be dissappointed.