“O' Callaghan of Awesome!”

O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
Ranked #69 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Despite the hotel being in the middle of renovations while we were there, the stay was extremely delightful. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the food is delicious, and the beds are very comfortable. We stayed for 3 days and every morning and evening the manager and desk staff would ask us how our trip was going so far, what did we enjoy most in Dublin, as well as share some of their personal stories and experiences. They were really particular about making you feel comfortable and at home. I had the best time staying in this hotel. I definitely feel like I got every bang for my buck!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the staff, who will be delighted to hear this.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We only stayed one night, but wish we had stayed longer! Manager Gary went above and beyond his requirements! After a long day of traveling, my husband could not find the parking garage. Gary rode with him to show him where it was. It is hard to find service like that! Danielle at the front desk was very helpful in giving directions to places we wanted to go. She was very sweet and outstandingly courteous (even when she had to be back in at 7am after working until 11pm the night before).
The hotel is amazing. It has all of the upscale amenities, but has a total 'at home' feel.
We will definitely stay again!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We as a couple stayed at this hotel for a four day weekend over St Patricks weekend
We had breakfast for two of the days ,excellent. Cereals,yoghurts ,fruit, toast and a chioice of various hot food ,bacon, eggs, mushroos tomatoes etc .
Staff were happy and friendly. The hotel was well cared for if a little far from the centre for some but we were very happy of the exercise.The hotel wasnt far from ST STEPHENS GREEN WHICH IS A LOVELY PARK.. All the celebrations fair,.pagent, festival were all family celebrations not a beer tent in sight . Saying that 'Temple Bar ' made up for it,oh my goodness. from morning til night drunkeness at its height.. The bar Irish music was fantastic though
Actually we tried to go to Tescos and there were bouncers on the the door stopping the teenagers going in to buy alchohol.
We really enjoyed our weekend an experience not to missed

Room Tip: ask to be placed away from lifts and cleaning cupboards!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here for the first night of a weeklong trip to Ireland, and it also happened to be St Patty's Day. The staff was so friendly, greeted with smiles and helped us navigate the city and where to go. This is in a great location and an easy 10 minute walk to City Centre and Temple Bar (although on St Patty's Day, unless you like the insane college drunken crowd, I would steer clear of Temple Bar). They highly recommended a pub close to Temple Bar that played live Irish music and was a great atmosphere, we had a great time! The rooms were comfortable and spacious, and much needed after a long flight and the jet lag that went along with it. We did not try the breakfast in the morning as we thought it seemed a bit pricey, and opted to walk instead to a local coffee and pastry shop on our way to our next destination. The price for the rooms were reasonable, and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Mont Clare.
I am delighted to hear that our services& facilities exceeded your expectations.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four days over the St. Patrick's Day festivities. It is close to everything and yet far enough away that there is little noise or crowds of people hanging around. The staff went out of their way to help us find historical sites on maps and helped us understand the public transit system. The rooms were a good size and always well cleaned daily. If I were to stay in Dublin in the near future, I would stay here again.

1  Thank Julie H

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Mont Clare.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The manager, Gary, was very pleasant and helpful, as was his entire staff. The hotel is centrally located, which allowed me to walk everywhere. The breakfast menu had a variety of wonderful choices. I especially liked the smoked salmon and eggs. Quality hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Mont Clare. I am delighted to hear that our services facilities exceeded your expectations. As a hotel we make every effort to ensure all aspects of our service is consistent and our team work hard to create a great service experience for all our guests. It is very encouraging when our guests take the time to share these great experiences with us as our team and I greatly appreciate this feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mont Clare in the very near future. Kind regards,

Gary Mulligan.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 4 nights. Rachel and Gary welcomed me on arrival. Room is spacious and very clean. Good selection for breakfast. Dined one evening in the bar and the food was very nice. Overall I would recommend this hotel and will return. Thank you Gary and your team for making my stay enjoyable

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business