“Excellent hotel with fab staff”

O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
Ranked #59 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with fab staff”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I really liked this hotel. The staff were really friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. The location is great for getting around - the hop-on hop-off bus stops just across the road. The breakfast was a bit overpriced for what you got but it was delicious. I would definitely stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I am always happy to hear from our guests about their experience of Mont Clare hotel Dublin, what was great about their stay as well as any comments to help us provide an even more memorable experience for our guests.
When I receive a review like yours, it is such a positive reinforcement of the combined efforts of our entire team who striveto provide maximum guest satisfaction.I will be sure to share your feedback with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mont Clare Hotel Dublin in the very near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
Ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in the Mont Clare on the 24th April for one night. I arrived quite late and the girl at check in was very friendly and welcoming. I had some difficulty accessing the car park and I phoned her in reception twice and she explained it perfectly. The room was nice - two single beds. The bathroom was also very nice. Breakfast was fine - I opted for the continental breakfast buffet and the food was more than satisfactory.
I usually stay in the Davenport or Alexander which are both just across the street, however the staff in the Mont Clare have won me over and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Medway, UK
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a seriously good hotel, the staff are fantastic and couldn't do enough for you. Gary looked after us and Bernie was there to make our stay everything we wanted.

Rooms are great, beds very comfortable, would recommend to everyone.

I would just go room only because the breakfast is quite expensive but just around the corner is the Kilkenny Store with a fantastic breakfast for 7 euro.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lovely old wood and charming hotel. Reception staff were exceptional, helpful and went out of their way to help us with phone calls and advice. We arrived at 6am and they allowed us to check in the, which was amazing as we had had no sleep on our overnight flight.
Hop on hop off bus stop just across the road. We walked to the main shops and bars within 10 minutes.
Clean and comfortable. Wi-fi free in room for One hour a day, but I made use of the fee computer in the foyer quite often, to store photos, print etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue C

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Everyone and everything at The Mont Clare was excellent. Great location for getting around Dublin and to and from the airport. My Daughter and I had an excellent time, plan on returning in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is bellasimo!!!! Wood and brass all around - you feel like your transported back in time. The rooms are good size, and a one person occupancy is a nice size double bed. They have wifi available for a fee. I had my breakfast included, and it was delicious! The staff is friendly and courteous, and the location is great! I would stay here again. Lovely!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback. We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is always encouraging to receive such kind words and it is appreciated by all the team. We continuously strive to ensure our guest’s needs are paramount and I am glad to see that this is what you have experienced.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Kind regards

Crawley Down
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked the hotel through Booking.com and got a good deal. The transfer from the airport was so easy, we booked the Hop on Off Dublin bus service in advance, which gave us a weekend pass around Dublin and airport transfer. The airport bus stopped in O'Connell Street bus stop 2, we connected the Hop on Off service which took us to the Merrion Square stop opposite the hotel. So easy.
I had prearranged a birthday cake for lunch and the staff were so excited about our arrival, lots of attention and care. Thank you also for the complimentary champagne, made the lunch very special indeed. Our rooms were lovely very comfortable with good facilities. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice, nothing was too much trouble.
Live musicians played in the bar as we returned from our meal in Temple Bar, and sitting listening to good Irish music with a night cap very enjoyable.
We set off to explore and again used the Hop on Off service and this proved really useful allowing you to take in the sights, and have a laugh as the driver told his tales about this wonderful city.
We checked out and walked down to the main street in Temple Bar collected the airport service and transferred to the airport easily.
Our trip was great, Dublin welcoming and the Hotel and Staff excellent. Big Thank you's to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you chose to stay with us again and got to experience all the area has to offer. It really is a testament to the team and our location when guests like yourself .
As a hotel we make every effort to ensure all aspects of our service is consistent and our team work hard to create a great service experience for all our guests.
It is very encouraging when our guests take the time to share these great experiences with us as our team and I greatly appreciate this feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mont Clare in the very near future.

Operation Manager

We look forward to welcoming you back next year for another birthday.