“Excellent Staff and Accommodations, Highly Recommended”

O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
Ranked #72 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. We stayed in Dublin for one week and it was our first time in Europe. The hotel is centrally located, very safe and the staff was excellent. Ian was very helpful in the restaurant and lounge, Gary handled every day trip and made sure that we had everything we wanted and needed to make our time there fantastic and Danielle was very friendly and helpful at the front desk, arranging taxis for us and taking care of everything else that we needed. This was one of the best places I have stayed and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone visiting Dublin!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and sunnier
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I am always happy to hear from our guests about their experience of Mont Clare hotel Dublin, what was great about their stay as well as any comments to help us provide an even more memorable experience for our guests.
When I receive a review like yours, it is such a positive reinforcement of the combined efforts of our entire team who striveto provide maximum guest satisfaction.I will be sure to share your feedback with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mont Clare Hotel Dublin in the very near future.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I really liked this hotel. The staff were really friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. The location is great for getting around - the hop-on hop-off bus stops just across the road. The breakfast was a bit overpriced for what you got but it was delicious. I would definitely stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in the Mont Clare on the 24th April for one night. I arrived quite late and the girl at check in was very friendly and welcoming. I had some difficulty accessing the car park and I phoned her in reception twice and she explained it perfectly. The room was nice - two single beds. The bathroom was also very nice. Breakfast was fine - I opted for the continental breakfast buffet and the food was more than satisfactory.
I usually stay in the Davenport or Alexander which are both just across the street, however the staff in the Mont Clare have won me over and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a seriously good hotel, the staff are fantastic and couldn't do enough for you. Gary looked after us and Bernie was there to make our stay everything we wanted.

Rooms are great, beds very comfortable, would recommend to everyone.

I would just go room only because the breakfast is quite expensive but just around the corner is the Kilkenny Store with a fantastic breakfast for 7 euro.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lovely old wood and charming hotel. Reception staff were exceptional, helpful and went out of their way to help us with phone calls and advice. We arrived at 6am and they allowed us to check in the, which was amazing as we had had no sleep on our overnight flight.
Hop on hop off bus stop just across the road. We walked to the main shops and bars within 10 minutes.
Clean and comfortable. Wi-fi free in room for One hour a day, but I made use of the fee computer in the foyer quite often, to store photos, print etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Everyone and everything at The Mont Clare was excellent. Great location for getting around Dublin and to and from the airport. My Daughter and I had an excellent time, plan on returning in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is bellasimo!!!! Wood and brass all around - you feel like your transported back in time. The rooms are good size, and a one person occupancy is a nice size double bed. They have wifi available for a fee. I had my breakfast included, and it was delicious! The staff is friendly and courteous, and the location is great! I would stay here again. Lovely!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback. We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is always encouraging to receive such kind words and it is appreciated by all the team. We continuously strive to ensure our guest’s needs are paramount and I am glad to see that this is what you have experienced.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Kind regards