“Great Stay and Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
County Mayo, Ireland
“Great Stay and Staff”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed in the Mont Clare recently and really enjoyed our stay. The very helpful receptionist Maria was there to greet us and very helpful and professional throughout our stay. We also had breakfast and Lunch in the hotel and had the pleasure of meeting Sandra and Barbara we were greeted by a warm Smile and made very Welcome. I would Highly recommend the Mont Clare as the staff were excellent and helpfull.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I am always happy to hear from our guests about their experience of Mont Clare hotel Dublin, what was great about their stay as well as any comments to help us provide an even more memorable experience for our guests.
When I receive a review like yours, it is such a positive reinforcement of the combined efforts of our entire team who striveto provide maximum guest satisfaction.I will be sure to share your feedback with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mont Clare Hotel Dublin in the very near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Finnish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights in July. I was a little disappointed given the price I paid and the good reviews that it had received here. There was nothing particularly wrong but I felt that the service and standard in the hotel did not warrant the price.

When I arrived there was no one at reception. It was maybe 7pm in the evening. I waited for a few minutes and checked the bar but there was no one there either. After around 10 minutes someone arrived.

The room had no guest services booklet with info on breakfast times etc. I wanted to order room-service but as there was no info, I didn't know if this was possible. I rang reception and explained. The person on the phone didn't believe me when I told them that there was no booklet. (I had checked every drawer.) I went downstairs to get a menu to bring up and order food later. It took around 15 minutes to get a menu as they wouldn't let me take a menu from the restaurant. Another person had to go and photocopy it. It would have been a lot easier for me to have eaten out.

The room I had was on the top floor. It was quite noisy at night time and incredibly hot but the weather was warmer than normal. The shower would not stay at the same temperature. Once adjusted to the right warmth, it would stay warm for perhaps two minutes and then return to freezing cold.

The location is the one great thing about the hotel. I would only stay again if the rate reflected the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
First of all let me apologies for your experience. Thank you for taken the time to write to use regarding your experience in the Mont Clare Hotel and I am sorry that this is the first time we are hearing of your disappointment. We genuinely like to hear from our guest whilst they are with us so that we can have the opportunity to rectify any issues or at least understand what the problems are. I am sorry we did not have the opportunity during your visit with us. I have spoken to the Front Office supervisor and housekeeping manager regarding the issues raise as these are not the level of service we provide at the Mont Clare Hotel. I do hope we get the opportunity to service your hotel requirements again and I would be delight if you book you next stay with us through myself and I will make sure that you will be looked after to the true level of service we offer at the Mont Clare Hotel. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct. I would delight if you could contact me direct @ gary.mulligan@ocallaghanhotels.com to discuss this in further details.

regards

UK
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was our first visit to Ireland so we used Trip Advisor to help select our hotel for a four night break. We chose the Mont Clare as it had great reviews and was centrally located.
As we had an early morning flight we arrived at the hotel at 0900 hrs. Obviously our room wasn't available but the very helpful receptionist let us leave our case in the hotel while we went to explore the city.
On our return our room was ready and located on the second floor at the back of the hotel. It was quiet as it was away from the main road apart from workmen working in the alley who were banging on metal stairs.
The room itself was small for a double room and the shower rail wasn't secure and fell down as soon as my wife used it. I soon resolved this but i wondered if the previous occupants had the same issue (room 216)
The food was good. We both started with a "Full Irish" breakfast which set us up for the day. We also had dinner once in the hotel which we found excellent. The rest of the time we tried different Restaurants in the city.
On the whole i would recommend this hotel mainly for the location, staff and food. It is also ideally located for the City sight seeing hop on / hop off buses as a bus stop is just across the traffic lights

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary m, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We decided to book 2 rooms at Mount Clare because it is centrally located. The fare wad good considering that it was high season. We enjoyed our stay there,though a couple of things to highlight about our rooms. The floor and the curtains needed to be washed properly because of the dust. We are allergic to dust so we didn't sleep very well. Despite that we would strongly recommend this hotel for its location and the friendliness of its staff.

• Stayed August 2014

Wexford
Reviewed 15 August 2014

stayed in the Mont Clare recently and must say that the staff were all fantastic..I had a small issue with the bathroom when I arrived and the reception staff saw to it ASAP. This is an old hotel which could use a bit of a refurb but does what it says on the tin..very handy for town. The breakfast was lovely, the bed was comfortable and the staff were terrific. would definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank b0nnieB00

Vancouver
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had just finished a 6 day tour of Ireland and came to the Mont Clare because that was the hotel I was staying at next. There had been a mistake and my reservation was for the next day. The staff found me a room at neighboring hotel with very little hassle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a package through British Airways Holidays. The hotel has a quaint, old-world charm and a lift (elevator) that had a character all of its own. It is about a 5 minute walk to Trinity College, about 10 mins to Grafton Street and about 15-20 mins from Temple Bar or St Stephen' Green. We got a taxi to and from the airport which was about €23 each way. Our deal included breakfast which was a choice of continental or full Irish and the latter certainly set you up for a full days sight-seeing. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family