“Good hotel”

Ranked #27 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Pros:

Located near Temple Bar and Christ Church
Reasonable price
Extremely helpful staff
AirLink bus stops nearby EUR10 return from airport

Cons:

Located near Temple Bar & Crist Church - can be noisy at nights
Small basic room in need of renovation, small TV but do you come to Dublin to watch TV & stay at room?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Dear FKB61,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay while visiting Dublin.

I was delighted to ehar that you enjoyed the Harding Hotel and found the hotel's location, price and staff all to be excellent and to your expectations.

I apologize if there was some street noise during your stay but we are located on a side street away from the main hustle and bustle of the city centre and midweek the street noise at night-time is much reduced.
Should guests be light sleepers and the Cathedral bells or street noise disturb their sleep we would recommend asking for a rear facing room away from these areas, and we do our best to accommodate these requests.

I hope that we may be able to accommodate you in the near future when returning to Dublin.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
oxford
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel was near enough perfect.

The location is great. It has bars and restaurants nearby, the sightseeing bus stop is a 30 second walk away, there is a great pub attached to the hotel with traditional Irish music and great food, the breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

The only minor issue was that the hotel was hot, but too noisy outside to sleep with the window open. If I had a set of earplugs it would have been perfect!

Great value, very friendly and helpful staff and very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Laurablue6,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the Harding and found the hotel's excellent location to be so convenient to go sightseeing to all the major attractions, go shopping and be so close to all the best bars and restaurants of the city centre.

It was also very nice to hear that you found the Harding staff to be so friendly,that the rooms were kept clean and to the standards you would expect and that overall you found the Harding to be good value for money.
The Harding Hotel is committed to providing the best levels of service, quality and comfort with great value so comments like yours help keep staff motivated to ensuring these goals.

I would hope that we may be able to accommodate you again whenever you return to Dublin.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

The Harding Hotel is located at the very edge of Temple Bar and faces Christ Church. It is connected to a pub and the Copper Alley Bistro (which offers excellent service). My husband and I absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Harding Hotel.

First, the location was the best we could get. Just a couple minutes to Temple Bar, 10 minutes walking to Trinity College, and is right on the corner where the Airport Express Airlink 747/Hop On Hop Off Buss picked us up and dropped us off.

Second, our room (fifth floor) was quiet! We were not woken up by the church bells at all...never even heard them until we were outside waiting for our bus.

Third, the staff were wonderful. There is no curfew for this hotel, but after a certain time, they do lock their lobby door. Just hit the button and the person at the desk will buzz you in. There is always someone available at the desk, no matter how late you come in at night.

I believe someone called our room an "attic" in a previous review but it definitely did not feel that way to us. It had a sunroof...which was great for assessing weather conditions...although...umbrellas are a must bring anyway. The bathroom looked new...shower, no bath, which is fine by me.

Overall, a clean, spacious room with bathroom, and lots of closet space and a comfortable bed with clean sheets...I don't know what more I could ask for. For the price I paid for my room, I am very satisfied. This isn't the Hilton but in some ways, it's much better.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their quiet rooms if you don't want to be woken up by church bells (fifth floor).
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thy N
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Thy N,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much as we are committed to providing excellent standards of quality and service coupled with great value for money all in an excellent location.

We would hope that you return to us again in the very near future and that we may have the opportunity to accommodate you again to these standards.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Given the price, this is an excellent hotel with extremely welcoming staff, convinient location and very good level of service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ViolettaY
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Violetta Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be friendly and welcoming and that the hotel's excellent location made visiting the city centre so easy and accessible.

I would hope that we may be able to accommodate you again in the near future should you return to Dublin.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Harding Hotel for one night while visiting Dublin. The hotel is in an excellent location close to Christchurch Cathedral and the Temple Bar area. We arrived early from our flight from London and they accommodated us immediately at 10:30 am. The room was large and clean with everything we needed. The staff was very helpful with everything we needed. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking in Dublin.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear LoriJBA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Harding and that you would recommend the hotel for future visits.
We are very committed to high standards of care, excellent levels of quality all served with an emphasis on good value for money and comments like yours only further motivate the Harding staff to maintain their efforts to ensure all guests are completely satisfied.

I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Harding again in the very near future.

Regards,

Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The location is convenient to a good walk of Temple Bar district, the castle, shopping and the amazing La Dolce Vita. The staff was marginally friendly - they did order us a taxi upon request, but I was just not impressed with any actual interaction. Granted, we are Americans, so there is that. :) The odd elevator situation on the first floor makes for toting a lot of luggage a bit pain in the rear, so consider that if you are on a long trip, as we were.
The room was very spacious, but we had to keep the windows open because the radiators could not be turned any lower. It was the coldest day of the winter to that point when we were there, and we had every window open!
I booked based on value and location, so I'm not sure what else is around, but I doubt I'll stay here upon my return.

Room Tip: Church view!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear Jhawk94,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin city centre.

I was very happy to hear that you found the hotel's excellent location and value for money to be the high points of your stay with the Harding but was disappointed to hear that you found the staff to be lacking any warmth or friendly welcome.

At the Harding Hotel we pride ourselves on our standards of care and level of service so if you wish to discuss the matter directly with me on info@hardinghotel.ie I would hope to be able to encourage you to return to the Harding in the hope that we may be able to improve your impression of the Harding Hotel and its' staff.

I would hope to hear from you soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was very pleased with the room (at under 50 E a night!) I got a fifth floor room directly across from Christchurch. I got used to the bells, and even enjoyed them, but the party- and pub-goers were a bit annoying. Mainly the drunken shouting at 3 and 4 a. Keep in mind that Dublin has a young demographic - half the population is under 25. So it is tough to completely get away from the loud drunk college kids regardless of how much you spend... So why not save on the hotel and buy sweaters instead?!?

Travel to and from the airport is a snap. Save on taxi if you can manage your bag - take the airlink. Only 6 E one way or 10 round trip! The bus leaves you off just about a block from the hotel, and picks up right around the corner. It couldn't be more convenient!

Breakfast is ok. I would give it two stars for taste and texture, three for service, and four for convenience.

Room Tip: Ask for fifth floor front for views - fifth back for less noise (although you might get more drunk e...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear janders9,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin city - we certainly appreciate all feedback in order to constantly improve our standards and services for all our guests.

I was especially glad to hear that found our excellent location to be so convenient for access to travel around the city and to/from the airport as you pointed out, and also for the ease to be able to go shopping, visit the many great tourist attractions surrounding the Harding and to be able to dine and drink nearby.

The Harding values itself on offering great value accommodation with high quality levels of care and attention so it is great that you feel the hotel was excellent value for money and I would hope that should you return to Dublin, that we may be able to accommodate you again with the same standards.