“Perfect”

Ranked #29 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Wexford, Ireland
“Perfect”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

An ideal budget hotel Lots of tourist sites on the doorstep Across the road from Christchurch Cathedral and a short walk to city center
Lovely staff
Clean and comfortable
If you just want somewhere to lay your head Its perfect

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear marywat,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel and sharing your experience of your stay following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with the Harding finding the staff to be helpful and welcoming and that the rooms were clean and comfortable and I would hope that should you return to Dublin that we will have the privilege of accommodating you again.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Not sure why there are so many fabulous review of this hotel. I found nothing about it to be desirable. First, we tried getting directions to here from 3 separate places, and no one could tell us where it was - a taxi driver didn't even know where to find it! The hotel itself is dirty, the hallways feel like barracks, and my fiance and I bought our own sheets so that we didn't have to sleep on theirs! Definitely a place to wear sandals in the shower as the whole place was gross. I guess this is my own fault as I usually stay at higher end properties, and so this was a real shock to me. I thought it sounded too good for the price, and well, it was. The one good thing was the breakfast place attached - the gentleman there was so FRIENDLY and the service was prompt.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelalirae
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear travelalirae,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel.

I was very disappointed to read your review and must take issue with some of your points raised and would also like to point out that at no time have we had any guest make any complaint known to the hotel regarding these issues, that I am sure could have been resolved in some way if not fully by reporting them to a front desk staff member where there is someone present 24 hours a day.

The Harding Hotel is located right beside Christchurch Cathedral - this has been referenced to many times in other reviews both negatively and positively - and we include it in all our own produced letterheads and booking details.
I find it hard that any taxi driver in Dublin could not find Christchurch Cathedral. All reviews commend the Harding Hotel on its excellent location on the edge of Temple Bar.
We would also have someone at the front desk to answer the phone should any of our guests need directions and travel advice from anywhere in Dublin to get to the Harding.

To say that the hotel itself is dirty is at best unfair and misleading. All areas of the hotel are cleaned thoroughly and daily - should you or any guest have any issues with a room/area all that needs to be done is report the matter to someone at the front desk and they will endeavor to have the matter rectified within as short a timeframe as is possible.
Should we at any time slip in our quality standards we welcome the opportunity to rectify the matter as soon as we can.

Our sheets and bedlinen are sourced from a very reputable and one of Ireland's largest linen suppliers. Again there are no records of any issues having being raised during the timeline of your recorded visit (you say you stayed in July) with regards bedlinen and guests feeling the need to use their own that they had brought themselves.

I would certainly not class any of the hotel corridors as barracks, they easily accommodate any size person wheeeling luggage comfortably, are well lit with several light fittings along the length of the corridors.

I am glad that you found the bistro staff to be helpful and accommodating but again am very disappointed that you found the Harding to be so below what you might expect for a city centre based 3 star hotel.
Should you wish to discuss any matters further, I would certainly welcome the opportunity to ensure that any quality issues you experienced do not repeat themselves by going through your complaint more comprehensively, please feel free to contact me at info@hardinghotel.ie.

Regards,

Derbyshire, England
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was on a weekend away with friends to Dublin and we were all booked into the Hardings Hotel.
The hotel is of a lower class than I would normally use, but for a weekend it was OK. The single room I was in was relatively basic but comfortable. However, the room was far too hot on a not overly warm weekend with no heating on, noisy due to proximity to courtyard (had to leave window open because of the heat) and a blocked sink. The sink was quickly fixed.
I did not eat at the restaurant.
I would commend the staff for their friendly and helpful nature.
I would not stay at the Hardings again, but I am sure others would find it acceptable if they set their standards lower.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the rear courtyard - they can be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Dear fivegoldstars,

Thank you for the review you have posted following your recent visit to the Harding Hotel.

While I was disappointed to read that you would not stay with the Harding again I was glad to feel that your overall experience of the hotel was positive.

We don't necessarily offer "luxury" like some five star hotels but do offer clean, comfortable rooms in an excellent location with high levels of customer service which the majority of our guests seem to enjoy based on the reviews submitted.
I certainly wouldn't like to think that anyone staying at the Harding is setting their standards lower by doing so.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel was a real find! We could not have been happier with the location or the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They were a wonderful resource for local (and beyond) tourism information. The location was perfect--close to Temple Bar and not a very far walk from the city's central locations. The only downside was the austere bathrooms! However the rooms were clean and they all had a refrigerator.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The evenings can be a bit noisy either in the courtyard or the street but we quickly got used to it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Darkhairedgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to pst a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time spent with the Harding and that your experience of the hotel was very positive.

We pride ourselves on offering clean, spacious & comfortable rooms with high emphasis on warm, helpful and friendly customer service and all for good value for money in a geat city centre location so it is very welcome that you found the hotel to have been so convenient for you and your party's needs.

I would hope that we are given the opportunity to welcome you back to the Harding in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Clean, well laid out rooms in a fabulous location near the Temple Bar area. Great pub in hotel. Clerks at the front desk are very helpful and great proximity to tourist sites including hop on, hop off.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Bonnster,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when you visited Dublin.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with the Harding while finding our excellently convenient location to be so accessible for all your needs.

It was also very refreshing to read that you found the hotel's service to be so helpful and welcoming and that the room standards were of high level of quality in terms of comfort and cleanliness.

Should you plan on returning to Dublin in the near future I hope that we may have the opportunity to accommodate you again and to this level of care and quality.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The café had a reasonable priced breakfast with good service. The location is great, right next to Christchurch and easily walkable to Dame St, Grafton St, Trinity College. Downside was the room was a little bit grubby and the bathroom could do with a bit of extra cleaning. But overall the hotel is really good value considering its location, and I will stay there again when travelling alone. Not sure if I'd book it for a rmoantic weekend away though.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear JOD72,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin and sharing the experience of your stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time spent with the Harding and found the staff to be so helpful and friendly and our excellent location to be so accessible for your needs, and that you felt the Harding offered great value.

I was however disappointed to read that you felt the cleaning standards could be higher and if you wish to contact me directly on info@hardinghotel.ie to discuss the matetr further, I would be most appreciative.
We are committed to ensuring guests have a relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable stay in our rooms which means they should be hygienic and clean, and I can only apologize if you thought they weren't.

The Harding Hotel would be delighted to welcome you back should you visit Dublin again and I would hope that we can enhance our reputation with you by offering an improved level of quality.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I made a reservation at Harding Hotel 3 months prior to my stay, however, upon arrival I was told I would be re-located to another hotel due to a "computer glitch". At first I was VERY unhappy about moving from this Rick Steve's-recommended hotel, but the manager offered to:
1) transfer my reservation to a comparable hotel in the area at no further expense;
2) pay cab fare to the new hotel; and
3) pay cab fare the following morning from the new hotel to the train station, as per my itinerary. This gesture eliminated the inconvenience to me and the new hotel was very nice and comfortable. The Harding Hotel demonstrated a sincere apology for their computer error.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Leeann S,

Thank you for the review you posted for the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

First off I would like to thank you again for your patience and understanding shown to the Harding Hotel following our unfortunate system error which resulted in us having to re-locate you to another hotel.

I was delighted to hear that everything went well for you in the other hotel and very happy to hear that you appreciated the taxi's that were organized on your behalf.

I hope that this incident does not deter you from choosing the Harding Hotel in the future and as ever, if there is ever anything that I can assist with in making new accommodation arrangements please do not hesitate to contact me further.