“Great location!”

Ranked #28 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Houston, Texas
“Great location!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This was a very clean hotel, with a great location! Only a few blocks from the Temple Bar district. Great bar on the ground floor. The receptionists were very helpful with every question we had! The only negative is that there is no air conditioning, just a fan plugged in to use.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear courtneyjenn82,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the Harding very much with our excellent location, friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms and that you felt the Harding was great value for money overall.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel in the future.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Duns, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend and loved it. When we arrived at the hotel the lady at reception was very friendly, polite and helpful. Our room was large & very clean. We put the sign on the door asking for our room not to be remade in the morning and the cleaning ladies kindly left us towels outside our door. Our room was above the bar but the noise didn't cause us any bother when we shut the window. The room was warm but there was a fan provided. We hadn't paid for breakfast/lunch/dinner but were shown where to go if we wanted to have anything. It looked welcoming and pretty busy but we didn't have food here unfortunately. We came in later the second night and there was a man on reception who let us in, he was friendly and polite too. The location of this hotel is excellent, so many places nearby within walking distance so no need for taxis. If I ever get back to Dublin I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley T
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Hayley T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay with us when visiting Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that your experience of the Harding Hotel was such a positive one and that you found our excellent location to be so accessible and convenient for your needs, the rooms to be clean, comfortable and spacious and that your dealings with the hotel staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

It would be our privilege to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel again and I hope we will be able to accommodate you to these same high standards that you now expect from the Harding Hotel.

Kilcar, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2012

i stayed recently as was in Dublin for All-Ireland final, hotel is in excellent location, just about a 10min walk from O'Connell St. was early for check in but the receptionist said they would hold my bags till i came back after match, check in then was no hassel and the room was great. missed breakfast due to a hangover so can't comment on food, i will defenitly stay here again

1 Thank SamDL2012
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
Dear SamDL2012,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin - to collect the Sam Maguire!!

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be conveniently located, the service to be helpful and friendly and that your experience of the Harding Hotel was so positive.

We would delighted to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel in the future and hope that you are accommodated to the same high standards as you were recently.

Michigan, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed two nights at the Harding Hotel.w basically had 1 day to see Dublin and found it to be a perfect location for walking to many of the most historic sights in Dublin.The staff was very friendly and helpful.Our room was clean and well equipped-we could hear music from the bar below, and the staff offered to change our room.However we only had one more night and were leaving very early in the morning so declined that,Had breakfast in the reataurant and it was standard,The bar had live irish music the second night.we felt it was a good place to stay at a reasonable price,

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the bar
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear rsllamas,

Thank you for the review you posted following your recent visit to Dublin and stay in the Harding Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time and experience with the Harding Hotel and found the hotel to meet your standards and expectations.

It was great to read that you found our location to be so convenient, the rooms to clean, comfortable and spacious and the staff to be friendly and helpful but most importantly that you felt that the Harding Hotel was good value for money.

I hope that we may be able to accommodate you again in the near future and to these high standards that you now expect of the Harding.

Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Dined here recently with family home from the states. It took an hour for our food to come and when it did it was average at best.
I asked for more wine, we were drinking Red and the waitress brought white. Bill came wrong and the girl took ages to correct it. Really not impressed!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Feeder9,

Thank you for posting a review of the Harding.

I was very disappointed to read your review of the Harding Hotel. I am here throughout the week most days and including evenings.
I had not been made aware of any problems with any guests dining. I have since gone through this matter with all the management and staff of both the Bistro and the public bar and they are unaware of any issue like you have detailed.

I would be most obliged if you email me directly at info@hardinghotel.ie to outline the issues more comprehensively so that I can decide on what action to take with the employee regarding training or dismissal and also any quality issues with the food that you have touched on.

I hope to hear from you shortly to discover more on nature of your complaint as it most unusual for anyone to be this upset and unhappy with the standards of service or food in the Harding Hotel and we take all incidents like this seriously.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel room was a great size, however it was quite noisy until the the pub downstairs closed.
Wifi was also not working well in the evening but it was OK in the morning. Location is also very good. I also have good words for the receptionist lady which was very friendly and helpful.

My disappointment was that I paid for full breakfast, and the unfriendly man in charge of the breakfast, told me that I could not take croissants/yoghurt as it was for continental breakfasts. I assumed full breakfast would have included same as other hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the restaurant/pub
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear maltesedog,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your experience of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel staff to be helpful and friendly, the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the hotel's location to be so convenient to your needs.

We do have a lively bar with great entertainment over the weekend nights, Friday - Sunday, and would suggest to guests who might be light sleepers to request a high floor and away from the street to try and avoid any disturbance. We always endeavor to meet any requests guests make in advance of their arrival.
Midweek nights are generally very quiet and light sleepers do not tend to have any issues.

The Wi-Fi signal is always at its strongest around the reception area and there are plently of desks and comfortable chairs as well as power points provided to use your device and generally the reception is not a noisy place.

Our B&B rates cover a full Irish breakfast, which includes the egg, bacon, sausage, beans and pudding that you would expect plus juice, tea/coffee and toast - the majority of guests find this to be quite filling. Should guests not want a full Irish breakfast they can exchange the voucher for a continental style breakfast but a breakfast voucher cannot cover the 2 types of breakfast.

I apologize if you found the staff in the bistro to be anything other than their usual friendly and efficient standards and we will work harder to convey the breakfast situation in a friendlier manner in future.

I would hope that we may have the chance to accommodate you once again and I would also hope that we can remove any of these snags that you have highlighted.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I usually stay one night in Dublin on my way towards the west costs. I am always worried about the ★★★ hotels I can afford, you can never know what is behind the rating, and I kept on changing the places I booked. Harding Hotel was a pleasant surprise for me. Convenient location, helpful desk staff, clean room. Now I do not need to look for another place when I am coming back next time, I can rely on Harding Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Istvan K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your experiences of your recent stay in the Harding Hotel when visiting Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you found your stay to be so enjoyable and that your experience of the Harding was so positive.

We would be more than happy to accommodate you again and hopefully be able to do so in the very near future and I would also hope to the same high standards and levels of quality that you will now expect from the Harding.