“Handy for sightseeing”
Review of Harding Hotel

Harding Hotel
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was in Dublin to see a show at the Olympia theatre & do some general sightseeing and the location of the hotel was perfect for this. I travelled alone so was delighted to be allocated a comfy double bed. Great powerful shower and nice to have a fridge to keep drinks cold. The only drawback was a faint smell of cigarette smoke which seemed to be coming from the direction of a mysterious wall panel. The hairdryer didn't work but I was only staying one night anyway, I just reported it to reception on check out. Bought breakfast at the hotel which was fine. I like the area and have stayed in the Jurys Inn Christchurch a few times but would consider the Harding again if the price was right.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear angela643,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I am delighted that you found the Harding to be so conveniently and centrally located and that it perfectly suited your needs.
All bedroom hairdryers are working to my knowledge, there should be a little flick switch on the cradle which lights up to show power to the unit and then you merely hold the button on the hairdryer arm to use - perhaps you can come back to me to let me know which room exactly you were in to ensure it is functioning correctly?

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel in the future and please feel free to contact the hotel directly to arrange a booking on info@hardinghotel.ie or by calling 00353 1 6796500.
We also offer repeat guests a 5% discount should they wish to book online if they enter the code REG52014 on our own website hardinghotel.ie.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Harding is in a great location - about a 5 minute walk from the centre of Temple Bar and right next to Christchurch Cathedral. Location means everything is within an easy walk, but you don't get too much noise from Temple Bar. Our room was on the top floor and was nice-sized with a skylight that let in the sunshine. The room was very warm so we did open the window quite a lot, this is not a hotel that scrimps on the heating bill!

The desk staff were friendly and overall we slept well aside from the first night when some other guests across the corridor had a impromptu singalong at 1am, but that's a bit to be expected given the area.

Our double bed was two singles pushed together - not an issue, still comfortable and warm. We also had a spare single bed, I suppose in case the trip went a bit wrong! The room was clean and the bathroom OK.

Boyfriend sampled the hotel bar and thought it pricey. We didn't use the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nikki_Pr84,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin and we are so grateful for your kind words.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Harding and that you found the hotel to be so perfectly located with friendly & helpful staff.
All fourth & fifth floor hotel bedrooms have an A/C unit, controlled by the 2nd remote control in the room, should you find the room to be hot and didn't wish to have a window open.

Darkey Kelly's bar, the hotel's public bar, would be considered by locals and tourists as a relatively cheap bar in comparison to some of the other Dublin & Temple Bar bars and also has a vast collection of Irish whiskey (over 70 different types at present) with various special prices on these weekly and would also run a beer of the month and cocktail specials which we feel offers great value to all.

I do hope that we may be able to accommodate you once again in the near future and please feel free to contact the Harding Hotel directly to arrange any booking on info@hardinghotel.ie or by calling 00353 1 6796500.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights at the end of a long trip and it was quite pleasant. It is in the perfect location for airport transport, walking to Temple Bar area, and Christchurch. The front desk staff were so helpful and always greeted us and made sure we knew where we were going and how to get there. The rooms were large but a little plain, but for the money and location I would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear flankthree,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin and we are very grateful for your kind words.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time spent in the Harding Hotel finding the hotel's location to be so conveniently central to all of your needs and also that the staff were all so friendly & helpful - something we pride ourselves on and set high targets to achieve.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel in the future and please feel free to contact the Harding directly by email on info@hardinghotel.ie or be calling 00353 1 6796500 to arrange any booking.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Lovely old hotel in the heart of Temple Bar, that reinvigorated quarter that now teams with bars, restaurants and things to do. Lift to very floor, but some awkward steps and corridors. Friendly and helpful staff. Some road noise - partially alleviated by double glazing (openable).

We found the restaurant a little disappointing - over processed ingredients - but there are heaps of good cafes and restaurants nearby.

Good value for money.

Room Tip: Higher is quieter. Eat out.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Graeme C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I am very pleased that you found the Harding Hotel to be so pleasant to stay in and that the staff and rooms were of high quality.
I have passed your comments regarding the meal to the bistro management and am sure that they will be able to ensure that any issues can be resolved.

I do hope that you choose the Harding Hotel for your next Dublin visit and please feel free to contact the Harding directly to arrange any booking on info@hardinghotel.ie or by calling 00353 1 6796500.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We chose the Harding for its proximity to Christchurch (we were attending Church of Ireland General Synod). Having stayed in other hotels on previous visits can now say the Harding is officially the nearest to Christchurch one could possibly get! My colleague arrived several hours before me but had no problem in accessing the room even though it was in my name and I had the confirmation email with me. The fridge in the room was a real bonus and showed that the hotel realised that guests often want to bring in food for their own convenience - some hotels do not encourage this. As neither of us was a great breakfast eater it meant we could eat fruit etc in the room and not be so rushed in getting to Synod each day. Also on the evening of the service in St Patrick's which didn't finish until after 9.30 we were able to have a snack in the room. The reception staff could not have been more helpful. We only ate one meal in the bistro - unfortunately it was lunch on the first day of Synod - the staff were totally overwhelmed by the numbers (I think there must have been a big crowd in the bar as well) but managed to stay polite and cheerful - we had to wait over half an hour. This was a shame because I have eaten there other years and there was no problem. I also had a lovely open salmon sandwich and tea there after I checked out on Saturday. To nit-pick - although the room was great, the TV was rather small as was the shelf for the cups and kettle. I will definitely recommend the Harding to friends and very much hope to stay there again myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear S2R6D,

We are always delighted to welcome attendees from the Synod to the Harding and our apologies for the delay in the lunch service on your first day as we were actually not informed that the meeting was taking place that day and as you mention we had quite a full restaurant and bar all at once.
The following day service was much more organized, calm and on time as we had adequate staff present throughout the building.

I am so pleased that you found the Harding to be such good value with friendly & helpful staff and in such a wonderfully central location.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back once again in the near future and please feel free to contact the hotel directly to arrange a booking on info@hardinghotel.ie or by calling 00353 1 6796500.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The location of the hotel is excellent if you arrive or leave via the airport of Dublin: Airlink bus 747 has stops at Lord Edward Street, about 100 metres from the hotel. My wife and I had travelled over 10 hours when we later than 7 pm. walked in and were warmly welcomed. Our room in the upper floors was comfortable and well equipped. The street view from the window was dominated by a grey, ugly-looking building. Soon we ate a delicious dinner in Copper Alley Bistro at the hotel. Next morning the breakfast was served in the same, modernly furnished bistro. The service in the bistro and at the reception were entirely friendly and helpful. The lady at the reception gave us advices and information and sold hop-on-hop-off bus tickets for the sightseeing of Dublin. In the evening we headed to Temple Bar nearby. So, we are fond of Harding Hotel and can recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank piispa

Dear piispa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Harding Hotel following your visit to Dublin as part of your tour around Ireland.

I am so pleased that the Harding Hotel provided you with a good start to your tour and we are very glad to read that you found the hotels staff & facilities to be of such high quality as well as our wonderfully central & convenient location.

We are always very grateful of guests recommending the Harding to family & friends and would perhaps suggest that you book again with the Harding Hotel directly by email on info@hardinghotel.ie or by calling 00353 1 6796500.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I needed to be in this part of town, and I expected hotels to be expensive given the central location. Great value for the Harding and reviews were good so thought I'd give it a try. Well, I could not have been happier! The welcome was lovely, the room, bearing in mind I was on my own, was enormous, and the public areas clean and relaxing. They have a vending machine for anything you might have forgotten which was helpful, and I had a lovely night's sleep despite being above the bar. Will definitely stay in the Harding again. Just can't believe I haven't discovered it before now!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tpbel
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear tpbel,

Thank you for writing a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

We certainly enjoyed accommodating you and are delighted to read that you had such a pleasant experience while staying in the Harding.

It is wonderful that you found the hotel to be such good value and of such high quality and we do hope to be able to welcome you back once again in the near future.
Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to arrange a booking on info@hardinghotel.ie or by calling 00353 1 6796500.