“Go or it”
Review of Tour Dublin

Tour Dublin
Ranked #40 of 235 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour Dublin offers private and personal tours for small groups with your own expert guide. We provide private tours of Dublin and private day tours to Wicklow(including Glendalough) and The Boyne Valley (including Newgrange) and many other parts of Ireland such as The Cliffs of Moher, Waterford, Kilkenny, Cork (including Blarney Castle), Galway (including Connemara), Belfast, The Giant's Causeway and many more. We can customize any itinerary to suit your needs and wishes. Tours are taken in luxurious Mercedes-Benz vehicles. You set the pace of the day. Our guides are accredited by Failte Ireland and we are a Dublin Tourism Partner.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Not a trip advisor spammer, just a family who likes great service on vacation. Kieren was one of the best tour guides we have ever taken. Usually we end up just getting a "driver" but Kieren was professional, knowledgeable and made it a great trip for all 4 kids from 15 to 4 in ages.

If going to Dublin, give him a call, he is terrific

Reviewed 20 December 2011

The Boyne Valley Tour was amazing in its own right however I would not have enjoyed it half so much without our guide Jimmy's insight and knowledge. Ever the consumate gentleman our day with Jimmy felt more like a day with an old friend than a guided tour. It was the second day into a month long tour of Europe including Rome and the Cestine Chapel and for me nothing exceeded my day at Newgrange and the Hill of Slane. Tour Dublin is awesome and Jimmy is fantastic.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

My wife, Pat, and I toured with Kiernan for two days during our recent trip to Dublin in September. The first day was a tour of Dublin. We were picked up at our hotel in a comfortable Mercedes sedan. Kiernan proved to be extremely knowledgeable and competent and ensured that we saw all of the highlights of the city. The second tour was of the Boyne Valley, including the passage tomb at Newgrange, the high crosses at Monasterboice, and the Trim Castle. It was a full day tour with a lot of driving and a bit of walking. I was concerned about getting tired since I am a cancer survivor. But Kiernan made sure that we saw all of the sights and that I was given time to rest when necessary. He obviously knows his business very well. Along the route and at each of the stops he was able to give us a running dialogue of the things that we might want to know to enhance our enjoyment and benefit from the tour. And he seems to know everyone at the places that we visited. If we get back to Ireland, we will not hesitate to hire him again for another tour of the Irish countryside. Wayne & Pat Cooke, Princeton, NJ, USA

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Kieran picked my mother and I up at our hotel for our tour of the following: Rock of Cashel, Ca'hir Castle, and Kilkenney Castle. He made sure that we had water and kept us entertained on the drive out to Rock of Cashel. When we arrived there, we were informed that the next tour wouldn't be for another hour. Instead of waiting for the tour, Kieran was our tour guide. He is very knowledgeable and did a great job of showing us around. My mother and I had a great time that day.

We had arranged to have Kieran give us a tour of Dublin the next day as well. He took us to the oldest road in Dublin first and explained what it was used for when it was originally made. He then took us on a driving tour of Dublin and explained some of its history. We stopped at St Patrick's Cathedral, which is a beautiful place. After that, we went to Trinity College where he got to drive on the campus. That is something that the tour buses don't get to do. We also went to Howth Island for lunch. He took us to the Post Office where they had the 1916 Easter rising and then we headed to the Jameson distillery for some whiskey. Kieran is the best tour guide that I have ever had. I would highly recommend him to anybody looking for a knowledgeable and patient tour guide.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My father, brother and myself had the pleasure of taking two different tours with Keiran, and we could not have been more pleased with the tours. Keiran was an excellent guide, very witty company with some unique insider stories and interesting insights that you cannot get on the big bus tours. My dad is still talking about what a great tour guide I picked, and how much he enjoyed the trips and excellent care that Keiran provided. We went to some places not on the usual tour routes and got to see a great cross-section of different historical sites that made good use of our limited time, without feeling rushed or subject to endless hours of driving. The car/transportation was very comfortable/luxurious, Keiran was super prompt, and the places we stopped for a bite to eat were excellent....and local pubs - not the usual tour bus destinations. I'm glad I found Tour Dublin on Trip Advisor...it was definitely one the highlights of our trip!