“Great vibe and food but without the madness of Temple Bar”

The Merchant's Arch Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #202 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Traditional Irish Pub situated on the Quays, serving the best of Irish food. Upstairs room has beautiful decor and nice views of the Liffey and Ha Penny bridge. Description Bar & Restaurant - Serving Traditional IRISH food. Bar Opening Hours - 9am - 12.30Am - Mon /Thursday Friday/Saturday 9am-230am Sun 10 /1230am Restaurant Opening Hours - 9am-10.30Pm 7 days
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ate here at lunchtime and in the evening, both times food was good, substantial and served promptly though not particularly cheap (but then nowhere in central Dublin is cheap). Interior of the bar is very traditional and they have a massive range of whiskies. Live music is very good but a bit loud for my taste. The main thing is that it was buzzing but not heaving with people either time I was there even though it's right next to Temple Bar - I guess, because it's up an alley so a bit off the main thoroughfare. For my money that was a lifesaver - Temple Bar gets *very* busy in the evenings!

Merchantsarch20, Public Relations Manager at The Merchant's Arch Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi and thanks for your review.
We're glad you enjoyed yourself at the Merchants Arch Bar and Restaurant.
We do have live music 7 days a week and food Specials every day till 1030.pm
We do hope to see you again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Travelling solo to Ireland was a bit daunting. But my first day here I stumbled upon this bar and they made me feel like one of the family straight away. The music playing out onto the street drew me in and the musicians that play here are very talented.
Frank, Gary and Tom are all lovely bartenders who chatted to me at the bar and made me feel comfortable sitting there on my own until a local would start talking to me. Definitely recommend visiting this place.

Hi
Thanks for the positive feedback.
It was great to have you in our bar!
Come back real soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for breakfast with my parents on their visit to Ireland. The bar is breathtaking! The bar man was very nice serving us. I had one of the omelets and it was very flavorful! I can only imagine what it's like at night. Enjoyed every minute there! Thank you!

Merchantsarch20, Public Relations Manager at The Merchant's Arch Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thanks for the kind Comments
Were well known for our tasty breakfast options.
See you soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

A nice bar between The river and The main street in temple bar. The atmosphere is truly irish. There is lovely live musiikki, quite crowded, but we still managed To find a place To sit.

Merchantsarch20, Public Relations Manager at The Merchant's Arch Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thanks Katlh

Thanks for the Kind review come back soon!!.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Tomato & Basil soup, yes please. Cottage pie, daughter loved it! Wife and son loved the Chicken Kiev. I loved my pint of bitters! Live music and a good looking bar on the river Liffey

Hi and thanks for the review.
Were glad you liked the music and food at the Merchants Arch!!