“Fantastic nights entertainment”

The Merchant's Arch Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 2,570 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Traditional Irish Pub situated on the Quays, serving the best of Irish food. Upstairs room has beautiful decor and nice views of the Liffey and Ha Penny bridge. Description Bar & Restaurant - Serving Traditional IRISH food. Bar Opening Hours - 9am - 12.30Am - Mon /Thursday Friday/Saturday 9am-230am Sun 10 /1230am Restaurant Opening Hours - 9am-10.30Pm 7 days
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic nights entertainment”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Taken here by my daughter in Dublin. The entertainment was excellent the pub rammed to capacity up and downstairs. The drinks prices were very good especially in the closeness to Temple Bar. The bar staff were very friendly and had a great sense of humour, though some of the floor staff were very pushy and snappy(don't know if they are on commission).
definite must if you are near Temple Bar, the best night we have had in this area for years.

• Visited June 2014
Merchantsarch20, Public Relations Manager at The Merchant's Arch Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi Pete thanks for your review.
We appreciate you feedback!

• Korean first
Glasgow
“Give It A Miss”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Came over the Ha"penny bridge to Temple Bar area and this bar is first, looks inviting, live music attracts my wife and I in so we're ushered upstairs to the mezzanine floor. This area is filled with small square tables. Nice Greg leather fixed seating along the back wall and loose wooden stools around tables. We ordered food and drinks and didn't have to wait too long.
My wife had Beef Lasagne but there was very little beef. The whole dish was pasta and cheese microwaved to death to a rubbery substance. I had chicken stir fry which was plentiful with chicken, peppers, sliced baby corn and fine egg noodles.
The price of drinks is astonishing. We're not talking some swanky fine dining joint with lavish furnishings. This is like a back street pub in Dublin.
6:20 for a small bottle of beer, similar price for a small glass of wine.
We complained about the Lasagne and we're offered another dish of Lasagne, eh, no thanks.
The live music was fantastic, 2 guys with acoustic guitars playing popular songs from the last 40 odd years.
Give It A Miss

• Visited June 2014
Merchantsarch20, Public Relations Manager at The Merchant's Arch Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
Were sorry your meal was not up to our usual high standards and we have passed this matter onto our chef.
We can assure you the lasagna you had is homemade, fresh and cooked straight from our oven to your plate.
However, you were offered a replacement meal by our staff which you declined to accept.
We do provide free live Music all day every day 7 days a week and thanks for your compliment on this.
We hope to see you again real soon!
Guildford England
“Great vibe and food but without the madness of Temple Bar”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ate here at lunchtime and in the evening, both times food was good, substantial and served promptly though not particularly cheap (but then nowhere in central Dublin is cheap). Interior of the bar is very traditional and they have a massive range of whiskies. Live music is very good but a bit loud for my taste. The main thing is that it was buzzing but not heaving with people either time I was there even though it's right next to Temple Bar - I guess, because it's up an alley so a bit off the main thoroughfare. For my money that was a lifesaver - Temple Bar gets *very* busy in the evenings!

• Visited June 2014
Hi and thanks for your review.
We're glad you enjoyed yourself at the Merchants Arch Bar and Restaurant.
We do have live music 7 days a week and food Specials every day till 1030.pm
We do hope to see you again very soon.
Sydney, Australia
“Made me feel like one of the family.....”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Travelling solo to Ireland was a bit daunting. But my first day here I stumbled upon this bar and they made me feel like one of the family straight away. The music playing out onto the street drew me in and the musicians that play here are very talented.
Frank, Gary and Tom are all lovely bartenders who chatted to me at the bar and made me feel comfortable sitting there on my own until a local would start talking to me. Definitely recommend visiting this place.

Hi
Thanks for the positive feedback.
It was great to have you in our bar!
Come back real soon!
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous bar!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for breakfast with my parents on their visit to Ireland. The bar is breathtaking! The bar man was very nice serving us. I had one of the omelets and it was very flavorful! I can only imagine what it's like at night. Enjoyed every minute there! Thank you!

Thanks for the kind Comments
Were well known for our tasty breakfast options.
See you soon!