“Great place”

Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

There are several of these restaurants around Dublin, But they are not the typical chain type restaurant. Basically Italian esp. the thin crust pizza, with all kinds of unusual toppings; We had the margarita with salad topping and truffle oil. Fantastic. Also, many appetizers not traditionally seen, such as polenta chips.
Wish I had tried them, but really, how much can you eat. Very bright place and busy, but servers are attentive. Definitely worth your time and money

Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Pre theatre meal”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Ate here early evening (6 pm) before attending Bord Gais theatre. The restaurant was very busy but not full. We were seated near a counter at the side where the waiters put glasses wine etc. there was a huge amount of banging and clattering from this area. One of the waiters dropped or knocked over things at least three times when we were there. This became so obvious that we began to exchange grins with the two girls at the next table!
Our waiter was, however, very friendly and helpful. When I opted for the lighter pizza due to the nicer toppings and expressed my concern about there being enough cheese, he suggested additional blue cheese. He did not mention a charge but the price for this was €1.90. However, he did bring grated Parmesan without being asked or charged for. My pizza was very good.
My friend had risotto which was not a very large portion but proved adequate.
We each had a glass of wine, one White and one red, both very overpriced for the quality.
The decor is basic and the feeling was not of relaxed dining but of fast food. This was added to by all the banging and clattering and the sense of waiters rushing around. I accept that eating pre theatre requires fast service but waiters running and dropping things is never good.
I would go back as my food was fine but not if I wanted a nice relaxed meal.

Visited April 2014
“Underrated...”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I think this place isn't getting a fair shake. The pizza is nice and the salads are great. It's the kind of place that everyone can agree on. Perhaps a touch on the pricey side, especially for wine.

The service is good. We were waiting over 40 minutes one time and they knocked 40% off the bill without us even asking.

Can be a bit lacking in atmosphere sometimes.

Dumbarton
“Best Pizza in Dublin”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

That's what the waiter told us when we entered - and we weren't disappointed - then there were the cinnamon doughballs to finish off - tasty tasty.

Visited December 2013
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Not my fault about your bad day!"”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was starving with a friend and we decided to pop in here for a bite to eat. I was quite hesitant as my first time here about 2 years ago was horrific as the food and service was diabolical. Not to my surprise, this time around was just as bad. The waiter was extremely unpolite and didn't seem to know anything about the menu and when we asked what he recommended, he replied "I don't like Italian food"...AT LEAST TRY TO MAKE AN EFFORT AND LIE! The food took an age to come.

Well, I won't be back, I know plenty of other restaurants and cafes where the staff treat you with the utmost respect. Aren't we the customers paying their wages? Yea, I think a kick up the behind is a must!

• Visited December 2013