“Brilliant beakfast, fantastic people!!”

Kilkenny Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Description: Our recently refurbished eatery in Dublin's city center with views overlooking Trinity college offers our guests an experience to remember. Fresh and seasonal ingredients are used to produce daily offerings by our team of highly committed chefs. Truly passionate and friendly staff will offer hospitality that is hard to beat.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just returned from a short stay in Dublin ... We stayed in a very expensive hotel, room only. I had looked into places to breakfast and saw that Kilkenny restaurant had good ratings.
I am so pleased ... Lovely fresh food and lots of choice. It was really delicious and the pot of tea for two which my husband and I shared easily had more than 6 big cups in ... A perfect start to the day. Better still, it was wonderful value for money ... Our potters breakfast of any 5 items AND tea (or coffee) and toast cost only €6 - a 7 item version was available for €8!!!
On the 2nd day we returned again .... To an equally good breakfast and I was astonished that, despite the place being busy on both days, Gerry .... Who it turns out is the chef behind this fantastic establishment, remembered us from the day before!!!
Don't come here for haute cuisine ... But if you want a delicious breakfast that will set you up for the day and a warm and genuine welcome, then come here ... I can't wait to return to Dublin - and when I do, I shall have my breakfast here, every day ..... Love, love, love this place!!!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We spent a long weekend in Dublin recently which involved a room-olny hotel which was fine. Rather than pay for the breakfast in the hotel at 28 euros each, we went for a stroll to the Kilkenny Cafe and had a filling fry-up for 6 euros each including coffee and toast.

In fact, we had breakfast there on 2 out of the 3 days we were in Dublin.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had breakfast twice here on our recent stay in Dublin and it was really nice. The 5 item breakfast was smaller than a lot of the other ones advertised around Dublin, but you could pick and choose the items that you wanted, they were all cooked well, and it was plenty for us. The staff were helpful and the food hot. It was a little canteen style, but great value for money.

1  Thank ihaveshoos
Reviewed 7 April 2014

very good value. staff very attentive. great choice for breakfast. nice views. definetly will be coming back.

2  Thank Virgiliu_Moldova
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I think this is a lovely place to go for a nice, reasonably priced meal.
I would not consider it a place for haute cuisine but it is pleasant and comfortable.
I think the breakfast is particularly good and much cheaper than a hotel breakfast so if you are staying around the area it is worth considering.

1  Thank 240fedora