“Small rooms but central location”

Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in October. The room was small. I didn't find the location noisy. The location was great for being a tourist with short walks to many historical locations. The staff were friendly and obliging. While it was OK I think there maybe other hotels in the area that a little if your budget can afford it.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Greg F, General Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear David B,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found our location great and our staff friendly & obliging.

We look forward to having you stay with us again at The Fleet Street Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I stayed in room 309 on fri. & sat. Oct. 19 & 20 and was very disappointed when an outdoor alley bar was set up in the street below my room with lots of noise until 3 am both mornings. After the first morning I asked the hotel to change my room which they said they would do. After returning at night from an all day tour, I had not been moved and manager said there was nothing she could do. Her explanation was that "it is the Temple Bar area" as if I should have expected to have noise until 3 am. Do not stay here, lies and misinformation!

Stayed: October 2012

Dear Bill B,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip advisor. As with any City Centre hotel noise in the area is an element which is beyond our control. I do also apologise that your request for a room move was not followed through. I have spoken to our Front Office team to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Should you wish to say with us again please do not hesitate to contact me and I will take care of your booking personally.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 October 2012

we stayed in the fleet street hotel for two nights in july 2012. The hotel is in a perfect location, just over the o'connell street bridge on the walk to grafton street. Everything is close by within easy walking distance and there are plenty of bars and restaurants close by. The hotel itself is set upstairs beside a TGI Fridays with stairs and a lift to take you up. you can only go up to the rooms by putting your room card into the lift or into a key holder at the doors to the stairs. The decor is very modern and the reception staff were very friendly. there is free wifi in the lobby. The room was nicely decorated but their is no guarantee on whether or not you get a double bed or two singles and if you are looking a romantic night away this is not ideal. there was alot of noise from the clubs cose by. There is a smoking area on the 3rd floor, a veranda with seating and tables, it is a very nice touch. the hotel and staff were very nice but it was not worth the price we payed for it. i would stay again if i could not get another hotel but i know a few other hotels that are better value.

Room Tip: ask for a double room at the back of the hotel as their is alot of noise from nearby clubs
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teesy04

Dear Teesy04,
Thank you for taking the time to post review on trip advisor. I am pleased to see that you enjoy your stay with us and found our Hotel and Staff lovely.
I do believe that our prices are on par with the other 3 Star Hotels within our location and at the time of your stay in July.

Perhaps we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed here with two of my friends and we got a triple room, It was lovely and very clean, There were three triple beds which can be hard to find in hotels, a lot of the time it is a double bed and single bed. I believe this hotel deserves to be a 4 star. It is very modern with a flat screen tv in the room, the bathroom is freshly tiled and the water pressure in the shower is amazing. It's only downfall is the noise which wasn't an issue for us. They could invest in sound proof windows, but staying in this area of dublin is never going to be quiet. The hotel also has a bar which was handy as all the pubs were packed and it was lovely for a quiet drink with friends. Brilliant hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Stephanie F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in October and you found our location great, accommodation clean and our bar O’Sullivan’s an enjoyable place for a relaxing drink.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Fleet Street Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I booked this hotel based on reviews and location.
Location is great.
The room I had was not very nice, very very small and a lot of noise from air conditioner which seemed to be just outside the window.
The view from the room was very depressing, a lot of "junk" it seemed...
Anyway, stayed here for 2 nights and the second morning this terrible noise started around 8am (sounded like someone was drilling at the wall in the room)! At checkout I was asked if I slept well and I told receptionist about this noise, the reply I got was "really", "noise in this hotel"... So I thought I was crazy and left, but on leaving hotel at street level there was obviously some work going on at the hotel as there were many workers and their building stuff. At that point felt awkward that receptionist had lied to me or that person is completely not in touch with whats going on at heir own hotel.
Wont be back.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boeingb

Dear Boeingb,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor following your stay with us in May. As with other City Centre Hotels our views are very limited and are subject to other business within our location.
I can confirm that The Fleet Street hotel did not have any building work going on during your stay but the building works at street level that you saw on your departure were in fact that of another business, I do apologise for the inconvenience this caused during your stay.

Should you wish in the near future to return to our Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would like the opportunity to ensure your next visit to be a better experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel for its central location. Having read other reviews we specifically asked for a quiet room at the back of the hotel. The room I was given backed on to a dingy alley where all you could see was industrial AC units and some sort of industrial vent system which was humming very loudly. I asked to be moved, after 20 mins I'd heard nothing so went to reception, the lady on reception hasn't done anything about looking for another room. I explained we were there for business and had a meeting the next day so i needed a quiet room so i could get some sleep. She looked like this was 'putting her out' she was not friendly or helpful .
I was moved to a room on the other side of the corridor, this room backed on to what looked like a quiet side road - but no I couldn't be more wrong !
I went to bed at 10.30 pm by 11pm there was loud music and loads of people outside my room, talking extremely loudly, shouting, screaming. The noise was absolutely dreadful. There was a couple of what sounded like fights. This noise went on till 3.40am. There was also someone thundering around and walking about upstairs in the early hours of the morning and it sounded like they were going to come through the ceiling!
Then about 6am the road sweepers and cleaners came out. There were several huge wheeled bins out side the club in the alley and these were emptied making the most awful noise. Bottle's crashing and smashing -and so the noise continued again for ages.
When I complained the next morning, the same receptionist pretty much shrugged her shoulders and couldn't give 2 hoots!
This was a Wed night! I'm not naive and I know temple bar is a lively area. I didn't expect this hotel to be in a secluded, noise free zone but I do think the noise levels I experience when specifically asking for a quiet room were completely unacceptable. My colleague stayed in a room further away from mine and she was fine.
As a final point we asked for directions the next day to our meeting and we were sent in the wrong direction so maybe they just didn't like us. I found the staffs attitude very rude!
We would never stay here again despite it being a nice, clean and reasonably priced hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank SmileyRiley

Dear SmileyRiley,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor following your stay with us in October. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Should you wish to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I was on business for three days in Dublin and decided to book somewhere near to Trinity College.

Because of its location in the lively Temple Bar, I was a bit nervous about staying in this hotel based on some of the reviews I had seen. However staff made every effort to accommodate me as I specifically requested an interior room which meant I was completely isolated from the street noise that some guests had complained bitterly of.

Unfortunately the noise from corridor and interior rooms was difficult to avoid because of the thin walls. I was treated to the amorous activities of my neighbours on the first night and the second night there was a group of lads staying who were partying in their room and coming in and out all night, slamming the doors. On the third night there was (i think) an medical emergency next door which caused a lot of coming and going so i did not get much sleep during my stay.

Having said this, everything else about the hotel was lovely. It has recently been refurbished to a good standard and the rooms were very clean, neat and spacious. Tea and coffee was provided but with no decaff options. There was a nice bathroom with Dove soap dispensers also and , crucially, hair dryers are provided!

All in all, I think it's a great hotel in an unbeatable location but you might want to bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the interior side of the building to avoid street noise in Temple Bar
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Greg F, General Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Mermaid 109,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor, of your stay with us in September. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our location unbeatable and our team made every effort to accommodate your request.

I do apologise for the noise you experienced from other guests of the hotel, we do conduct regular floor walks as part of our Fire Evacuation Procedure along with ensuring the noise from other hotel users is kept to a minimum.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fleet Street hotel in the near future,