“Perfect location, great stay!”

The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #58 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Myself and my best friend came to Dublin for a weekend and chose to stay here and thank god we did. Booking online is hard when you know nothing about the city, but after reading that temple bar is the place to be, we searched around this area.
Being right next to temple bar and the nightlife, with a short walk to many shops, the river and plenty of great bars, made our life so much easier.
A very comfortable stay with clean and simple rooms. The hotel is lovely with gorgeous decor and very helpful staff. I definitely recommend the full Irish breakfast. This was lovely.
This hotel made our weekend a very comfortable and chilled experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maddie E
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Maddie E
Thank you for such a positive review following your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped make your weekend a comfortable and chilled experience.
Indeed our location is impressive, there isn’t better one in the whole city, I am glad you picked the right hotel to stay at, so you could enjoy all the city landmarks!
Obviously apart from our location we also pride on our fine décor, cosy breakfast and most of all our very helpful staff! I very much appreciate that you recognised all that and decided to share it on Trip advisor. Thank you for the time taken!
I hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon so we can make your stay in Dublin yet another fabulous experience.

Front Of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We had a great time in Dublin!The hotel staff were lovely, very polite and friendly. The only negative thing I could say is the generator made a lot of noise at 3 in the morning. ..It stopped eventually. ..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pirilitxu,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Fleet Street Hotel after your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will of course take your feedback on board about the noise level that you experienced.
Our location being wright in the heart of bustling Temple Bar with its busy streets and with operating business till late, unfortunately leaves us with very little control over the noise aspect.
Even though each room is double glazed guests may still experience the downside of staying in the city centre. Please accept our apologies for that inconvenience.
On the other side, I very much appreciate your recognition of the standard of service you received during your stay. Thank you for your kind words.
I hope we will be welcoming you back in the Fleet Street Hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at the Fleet Street Hotel just last week and I would certainly recommend it.
Having had our booking at another hotel mucked up by the booking company we had used, we were put up at the Fleet Street Hotel within a few hours. Despite this late booking having been an huge inconvenience for us and the staff at the Fleet Street hotel, the staff we overwhelmingly helpful and got everything sorted with out booking company swiftly and efficiently, whilst not to mention being friendly and polite throughout.
The location is perfect should you wish to be able to cover all the main tourist attractions as it's almost central and right at the end of Temple Bar - the main hub for the night life, literally a 30 second walk down the cobbles to the bars.
The security is great as you cannot access the hotel floors with rooms on without a room key, this even goes for the lift. Furthermore, there is a bouncer on the main entrance door as the building is joined with a TGI Fridays.
The rooms were immaculate and spacious for what you pay, 2 arm chairs, desk, small table etc and everything was clean and modern.
The maid service was also brilliant and every evening upon returning to our room they have done above and beyond what most hotel cleaning services do alongside what we were expecting, clean towels, emptied bins, made up bed and so on.
The breakfast excelled itself and was great value for money. Each day there was a choice if cooked items like beans, scrambled eggs and bacon, toast, cereals, fruit and a range of drinks.
The lady who works on the breakfast shift is lovely and is happy to get you anything you need whilst your eating in the breakfast room.
Even little things like the shower pressure being really good and the tea and coffee trays in our rooms being topped up everyday made our stay at the Fleet Street hotel extremely enjoyable.
To conclude, myself and the three friends I stayed here with would struggle to find any faults with this hotel, not to mention it's staff.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room above the nightclub on the alley way to the left of the hotel as throwing out...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah O

Dear Sarah O
What an amazing review! Thank you so much we were delighted to have you as our guests and thank you for sharing your wonderful comments on so many aspects of our business, you managed to summarise it all so beautifully. Thank you!
Particularly we could not ask for a better review than to say we have such a professional and overwhelmingly helpful team. Your words were already shared with them to theirs huge delight,
I am pleased that we ticked all the right boxes.

Indeed I recall your booking mess up and I hope that you managed to resolve it with the agency that made your reservation (If I can be of any assistance helping with that matter, please let me know).
All of my colleagues were delighted to have been able to assist you during your stay and thank you for recognising them.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and I am happy to read that you had such a good time in the end after that bit bumpy start, and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My partner and I booked a double room for last night. On arrival the receptionist was efficient but not very friendly. She gave us room 317. The room was definitely the smallest hotel room that I have ever stayed in. There was a double bed in the room but the room was so small that the bed was positioned against the wall. This meant that when I had to use the bathroom during the night, I had to crawl down to the bottom of the bed to get out, disturbing my partner in the process. The bathroom was so small that while using the toilet I dropped the toilet roll and banged my head off the hand basin when I went to retrieve it. The room was suffocatingly warm. However, we could not leave the window opened as the noise from fans outside our window was very loud - even with the window closed.
Breakfast was okay if a bit over cooked. However, the girl there was extremely friendly. When checking out I asked the man at reception if room 317 was normally used as a single room. He replied that it was used as a double room. However, he did not ask if we had a problem with it and really didn't seem interested whether or not we enjoyed our stay.
Needless to say, I won't be booking into this hotel again. Regardless of the size of the bed, if one side of the bed is against the wall, then it is only designed for one person to use it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Majella M
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Majella M,

Thank you for you recent review of Fleet Street Hotel.

I am bitterly disappointed to read your comments and want to start by apologizing for failing to deliver the high standards of service at your check in and at your departure; I can assure you that your points made will be used to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.
I also regret that we did not fully meet your expectations regarding our bedroom facilities and please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us.
I am investigating all items raised by you and will take the necessary steps to ensure that these become subjects to a thorough improvement.
I appreciate your feedback not only on the negatives but also on the positives of our daily business running, therefore your warm comment about a girl assisting in the breakfast room is most appreciated, and it will be shared with our team.

I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to perform every day particularly when dealing with guests dissatisfaction during theirs stays, please allow me to speak to you directly in order to discuss the matter in more details, email magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here last night, was booked in by work for business. When I checked into room 315 at 7pm, I looked out the window, it was dark but I could see the room wasn't overlooking the street and I didn't care that there was no view.
I went to meet some friends for dinner, then went to bed at 11ish, I heard a generator kicking in outside my window but assumed it was going to stop - it didn't for the entire night. I was going to complain to reception but I checked reviews on Trip Advisor and read how another customer had to wait ages for another room + how they then got moved to a room facing the street + still couldn't sleep with the sounds of Temple Bar revellers. I was so tired that I couldn't face complaining so I stuffed cotton wool in my ears + put a pillow over my head but the sound was like a vibration going through the room. I did complain to reception that morning but he said regular guests normally request that room because it's so quiet - I find that impossible to believe. I then discovered later at my work meeting that my colleague from Galway had been staying in the same hotel that night in a room on the 1st floor and she didn't sleep either because of the noise from the street and then builders in the morning! Some positives: clean room, central location, adequate breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Maria W

Dear Maria W

Thank you for having stayed with us and for taking the time to review your experience of The Fleet Street Hotel.

As a very centrally located establishment, The Fleet Street Hotel enjoys its most convenient location in Dublin in many ways, unfortunately indeed it may come with a price of a disturbed night sleep caused by either local business’s ventilation systems or busy street noise, therefore we can never truly guaranty complete quiet night sleep, nevertheless we take every room requests very seriously as we do have bedrooms where level of noise is at its minimum (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive).
Summing up it is most disappointing to read your comments about the room in which you stayed and that your experience was not brought to our attention prior to your departure from the hotel.
I wish to assure you that had your dissatisfaction been made known to any member of our dedicated team, every effort would have been made to ensure your total satisfaction while staying with us regardless the time of day and night.
Given your experience I recognize that your perception of us is not what we identify ourselves with and I would appreciate the opportunity, if you allow us, to restore your faith in our facilities and service. I would therefore be grateful if you would get in touch with me on magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com so I can not only apologize to you in person but also discuss the possibility of a return visit to the Fleet Street Hotel.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Excellent value for money this hotel is right in the centre of dublin so no need for taxis to go to bars and restaurants in the evening. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good too, you can eat as much as you want. I would recommend this hotel for groups of friends, couples and families.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Wendyg40

Great review, thank you, we are all thrilled that you loved everything about The Fleet Street Hotel.
Your full scores say it all.
I am happy that our location suited your needs and that you found it easy to reach city’s wonderful bars and restaurants which are all so convenient and are all in walking distance from the hotel.
I appreciate that you decided to share how impressed you were with every aspect of our facilities and service. Thank you for your recommendations, I will share those with our team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend recently with the other half and with no major problems. Room was small but bathroom facilities very modern and clean. Staff very approachable and friendly, helped us with directions on several occasions. Room turned around daily. View from our room backed onto surrounding hotels dumping ground but warm and well noise insulated. Would recommend for weekend getaways, excellent location to main attractions.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Elizabeth S

Thank you for your favourable review of The Fleet Street Hotel.
I am pleased that our location worked for you and that the team were able to make your trip such a memorable occasion.
I understand that some views from our internal bedrooms may leave a bit to be desired, although being in the heart of the capital city such is usually a challenge. Fortunately your room was indeed secluded from all the street noise. So I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your quiet and warm night sleep.
I appreciate your support by writing your lovely review and hope that we have the opportunity to thank you personally in a near future.
Thank you for your recommendations which I will pass to our team for all of us to enjoy.