“Clean and modern but chaotic” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fleet Street Hotel

The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #63 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Lille, France
“Clean and modern but chaotic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean but the room I stayed in was pretty small, the bed not very comfortable ( well used mattress) and very very warm.
The hotel is in the temple bar area right above TGI Friday. The room was very warm and the windows could not be opened. This could be due to the back of the hotel being above the kitchens.
The hotel is suited to those on a tight budget looking for something a little more upmarket.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank alidma2016
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Alidma
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and that you found our location convenient.
I very much appreciate your kind comments of the cleanliness of the bedroom.
On the other side I am disappointed to read that the facilities of the bedroom did not meet you r expectation, please accept my sincere apologies.
Indeed we provide bedrooms on the internal side of the building which although overlooking at the back of other businesses are well secluded from all the street noise. No matter what side of the building the room is located on, the windows can be opened, please accept my apologies if you found it impossible.
I hope you reported that to my team so we could investigate that problem straight away.
Thank you and I hope you will give a chance to welcome you back soon at the Fleet Street Hotel.

Magdalena Przygon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed one night before travelling home to Australia, large room, dbl and singl bed, large bathroom, ( fitted out for wheelchair access) disappointed there wasn't a bath, lots of nice towels, clean fresh bed linen, but beds quite uncomfortable, staff excellent, most helpful, no control of temp in room, smelled a bit fusty, all in all, good for short stay, near all the action, pubs, live music, shopping, sight seeing, might stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear skip 39
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and that you found our location so convenient.
I very much appreciate your kind comments of our facilities in bedrooms, we strive to provide facilities of a high standard. Therefore I am particularly disappointed to hear that you found your bed uncomfortable, please accept my apologies.
Indeed we have rooms with a beautifully designed spacious walk in shower bathrooms and it seems like you stayed in such. For the extra convenience for those with disabilities, those rooms are not equipped with baths I am afraid.
Most of all thank you very much for your kind comment on our team! I agree we provide ‘excellent’ service with huge attention to each of our guests’ needs.
Thank you and I hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We loved being able to explore the exciting musical night life of Dublin as well as quality pubs as well as famous places during the day.

The room was spacious and clean with a walk in closet and all the essentials of a hotel room. We also love being across from Tesco for anything else you could possibly need at a reasonable price.

Breakfast was overpriced so we didn't try it and we had to renew our WiFi every 3rd day but the connection was good and the lobby was comfortable.

Not for people who can't sleep through a few drunk American students partying the night away on the street. We heard "WOO HOO"s and girls tripping over their heels every few nights but it's well worth it for the location. Just bring ear plugs ;)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hanna M
Thank you for your review and your very favourable ratings!
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and that you found our location so convenient. Indeed no better spot in Dublin if you are up for all the happenings in the city centre.
Even if that equals more of the WOO HOO’s than we would wish for, I hope that my Front Desk team was helpful on this matter with addressing all those noise makers. I ensure you that we are very committed to keeping the noise down during night and day, our Night Managers are monitoring situation throughout the night and are available for assistance in reception at all time.
I very much appreciate your kind comments of our facilities in bedrooms, thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.
Benghazi, Libya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The fleet st. Hotel, budget friendly, high security and everything is a buzz away. Hardly see anybody roaming around the corredor or hear noises from next door, but it's fully booked. Really quiet hotel, no one can go up without his/her room magnetic card to activate the elevator. Makes this hotel 7 stars on security preventing outsiders from sneaking in. The staff was amazing, nice couple for girls and a guy, those who i ran into at the reception area. A great restaurant inside the hotel, so if you are tired and you don't feel going on, take the left to the ground floor and or give them a buzz and the restaurant will come to you. Located in the heart of the city center, makes it accessible to everywhere with a very short walking distance. Amazing rooms and bathrooms with tons of towels and shampoo, I hope they can boost the shower water power. I know they can.

Room Tip: As you are in the heart of the city center, i recommend the highest floor to get away from any noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Houssein A
It has been a great pleasure reading your comment, thank you for the time taken.
It seems as if you identified all of our strongest points and managed to put it so nicely.
I am most delighted to read that you found our team ‘amazing’, nothing can be of more enjoyment to our hotel’s team than comment like yours, thank you!
Indeed, to our huge delight the hotel has been busy with not only many return guests but also with our new guests who found this little gem in such a central location. I am glad you enjoyed the buzz which Temple Bar brings you day and night and I am happy to hear that you didn’t experience much of that buzz inside the hotel allowing you to have a peaceful stay 
The Fleet Street Hotel took every possible measure to ensure guests security, we have implemented many technical barriers for unwelcome guests and we fully trained all our team members who make sure our premises are safe and secure 24/7. Thank you for noticing that.
In overall we appreciate all your kind words about our service, location, restaurant, facilities in the bedrooms and other areas.
Now I am only hoping you will allow me to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel sometime soon, please email me directly for assistance with rates etc., magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Great location and convenient to everything we wanted to see. Had trouble finding a place to pull in to unload our luggage. Breakfast good. Courteous staff. Rooms on the small size. Tripped over each other in the bathroom. No washcloths, Kleenex or shampoo.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Organizedplanner
Thank you for your comment of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
Thank you for a lovely note about the breakfast and our ‘courteous’ team, most appreciated!
Indeed hotel’s location is undoubtedly most convenient there can be, it is also the busiest for all the happenings taking place in Dublin. Temple Bar in particular is an area of high density of pubs, restaurants and clubs. Parking is available at two car parks, the one we deal with is only across the street from the hotel. There were very few incidents when the car park experienced lack of spaces.
Unfortunately we do not provide washcloths but we do provide shampoo, shower gel and soap.
Thank you for your valuable comment and I hope to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel.
Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our first impression with the hotel was not too good. The rooms very nice and tidy and I did get a room on the quiet end, as I asked, but the girl in the reception was quite rude. We asked her a couple of questions and it seemed like she didn't really want to help us. We felt that we were bothering here. Also, I have never experienced a hotel which has so little isolation in the walls. We could here everything the neighbors said and "did" . Not bad for us, since we traveled with friends, but not too good if you travel with family.
But the location was great. Easy access to everything and the breakfast was ok. I would come back there, but I would make sure I have a room away from the street

Room Tip: Away from the main street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Dear BeataNorway,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I would like to start from thanking you for your kind comment about the breakfast and the location the hotel is in, I am also happy to read that you would give the hotel another chance to make your stay memorable.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit.
I am most disappointed to read how you feel about the service received at the front desk, please accept my apologies and be assured that it does not reflect our vision of customer service.
I would really appreciate if you could email me more details so it would help me identify the key areas that may need addressing with my Front Desk team., email address: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
I am looking forward to your response and hoping I will have a pleasure of welcoming you back at the Fleet Street Hotel.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We were able to walk to all the Dublin sights we wanted to see from The Fleet Street Hotel.
The Fleet Street Hotel is located above TGI Friday's & at the end of the strip of bars / pubs, we didn't find it noisy (but had requested a room at the rear).
Points to note are the rooms are very hot (we had to have window open), wifi disconnects regularly, we hadn't been provided instructions how to access hotel after hours (lucky there was another couple in the lobby

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Peta G
Thank you for sharing your comment about your recent stay.
I am glad you enjoyed the location the hotel is in, indeed the hotel could not be more central.
On the other side I am disappointed to read that you have encountered some inconveniences.
Please be advised that our WiFi has been recently upgraded and made complementary, I would appreciate if you could email me your room number so we could investigate the issue further, my email magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com.
Please accept my apologies for not being informed of our procedures for how to access the hotel after hours; I will raise your suggestion with others. Thank you.