“Too average for the prices charged” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fleet Street Hotel

The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #63 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Too average for the prices charged”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Recently stayed here with my partner. Given a large room 202 with an unbelievably cheap hard bed. The noise from other residents in the hotel banging doors and talking had us awake from 7am. Breakfast was a disaster. On arriving in at 10.10am there was no hot food, breads or water left. Asked waitress for hot food and on her returning, my partner had finished his breakfast so left with 2 slices of toast. For the price of staying here would I have chosen it again?? no..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MandyLWestmeath
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear MandyLWeastmeath
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I appreciate your time taken, and your kind comment on the size of the room.
First of all I must ask you to accept my apologies for all the inconveniences you experience during your stay. I regret to read all your points made, I can only hope that you communicated your concerns with our team at the Front Desk so we were given a chance to act to make your stay more comfortable, especially the noise problem which is under monitoring of our team day and night. We have a very strict policy of security in the hotel and what comes with it a general comfort of feeling safe on the premises. I am sorry that other guests disturbed that comfort of yours.
Also please accept my apologies for the inconvenience at the breakfast, indeed our serving portions in the buffet we try to keep small so it is fresh throughout serving hours. It may be a situation where during a busier hour some items had to be replenished more often and delays may have occurred.
Please accept my sincere apologies for all the above and I hope you would give us a chance to welcome you back so we could compensate your disappointment of your recent stay.
Please email: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
Magdalena Przygon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here (even though it was a bit more pricey than other hotels in Dublin) because it was located in the heart of temple bar, a short walking distance to Trinity college and all the museums. What a great decision! The staff checked us in quickly and were very friendly. Our room was clean and shockingly quite- given it was literally above all the great bars of temple bar! There was a guard at the door all day and into the evening, and then after hours (I'm assuming after midnight- but am not sure) the lobby door is open with your hotel key- so I felt very safe that people weren't wondering into the hotel and up and down the halls. My only complaint is that it was quite warm outside and the room became a bit hot with no A/C in the room. I would recommend this to anyone wanting the "Temple Bar" experience! If we're ever in Dublin again, we won't hesitate to book here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Catherine H
It is such a pleasure reading your review, sending our big thans to you .
To my delight I am particularly happy you noticed our team being efficient and friendly, thank you,
I will share your kind words with our team, surely they will be delighted.
Indeed our location is unbeatable! We are so close to all the Dublin’s finest landmarks that you can possible be. I am glad you enjoyed the city centre location and that you didn’t experience any bothering noise which unfortunately happens to be an issue in this buzzing area.
Having said that we took security aspect of our guests and employees very seriously, which means we implemented al l the necessary and possible measures with blocking as many unwelcome entries as we possibly could.I very much appreciate your recognition of that and I am glad you felt safe throughout your stay.
I am hoping to receive your email when planning your next trip so I could personally assist you this time, email: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights 6th-8th June with friends, and from start to finish it was excellent, very clean and tidy,rooms are of a good standard, with en-suite, tv,coffee making facilities breakfast is quite extensive great location in the centre of temple bar area and they have their own pub only a 3 minute walk away but what makes this hotel stand out for me is the team a big thank you to Caroline for helping with taxis and directions etc she couldn't enough we would stay there again no hesitation

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank foodbarhotelreviewer
Dear andybouncingleg
It is difficult to express how much delighted we are to read your review!
Thank you so much for all your kind words and for such an accurate points made on all of the main aspect of our business.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of you had a great time, I hope you got home safe and that you started planning your return to the heart of Dublin- Temple Bar already!! 
With great pleasure I shared your appreciation of our service with Caroline and the rest of the team as well, there isn’t a better motivation than words like yours. Big Thanks To You!
I am hoping to receive your email when planning your next group trip so I could personally assist you this time, email: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
Lille, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean but the room I stayed in was pretty small, the bed not very comfortable ( well used mattress) and very very warm.
The hotel is in the temple bar area right above TGI Friday. The room was very warm and the windows could not be opened. This could be due to the back of the hotel being above the kitchens.
The hotel is suited to those on a tight budget looking for something a little more upmarket.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank alidma2016
Dear Alidma
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and that you found our location convenient.
I very much appreciate your kind comments of the cleanliness of the bedroom.
On the other side I am disappointed to read that the facilities of the bedroom did not meet you r expectation, please accept my sincere apologies.
Indeed we provide bedrooms on the internal side of the building which although overlooking at the back of other businesses are well secluded from all the street noise. No matter what side of the building the room is located on, the windows can be opened, please accept my apologies if you found it impossible.
I hope you reported that to my team so we could investigate that problem straight away.
Thank you and I hope you will give a chance to welcome you back soon at the Fleet Street Hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed one night before travelling home to Australia, large room, dbl and singl bed, large bathroom, ( fitted out for wheelchair access) disappointed there wasn't a bath, lots of nice towels, clean fresh bed linen, but beds quite uncomfortable, staff excellent, most helpful, no control of temp in room, smelled a bit fusty, all in all, good for short stay, near all the action, pubs, live music, shopping, sight seeing, might stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear skip 39
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and that you found our location so convenient.
I very much appreciate your kind comments of our facilities in bedrooms, we strive to provide facilities of a high standard. Therefore I am particularly disappointed to hear that you found your bed uncomfortable, please accept my apologies.
Indeed we have rooms with a beautifully designed spacious walk in shower bathrooms and it seems like you stayed in such. For the extra convenience for those with disabilities, those rooms are not equipped with baths I am afraid.
Most of all thank you very much for your kind comment on our team! I agree we provide ‘excellent’ service with huge attention to each of our guests’ needs.
Thank you and I hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We loved being able to explore the exciting musical night life of Dublin as well as quality pubs as well as famous places during the day.

The room was spacious and clean with a walk in closet and all the essentials of a hotel room. We also love being across from Tesco for anything else you could possibly need at a reasonable price.

Breakfast was overpriced so we didn't try it and we had to renew our WiFi every 3rd day but the connection was good and the lobby was comfortable.

Not for people who can't sleep through a few drunk American students partying the night away on the street. We heard "WOO HOO"s and girls tripping over their heels every few nights but it's well worth it for the location. Just bring ear plugs ;)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hanna M
Thank you for your review and your very favourable ratings!
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and that you found our location so convenient. Indeed no better spot in Dublin if you are up for all the happenings in the city centre.
Even if that equals more of the WOO HOO’s than we would wish for, I hope that my Front Desk team was helpful on this matter with addressing all those noise makers. I ensure you that we are very committed to keeping the noise down during night and day, our Night Managers are monitoring situation throughout the night and are available for assistance in reception at all time.
I very much appreciate your kind comments of our facilities in bedrooms, thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.
Benghazi, Libya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The fleet st. Hotel, budget friendly, high security and everything is a buzz away. Hardly see anybody roaming around the corredor or hear noises from next door, but it's fully booked. Really quiet hotel, no one can go up without his/her room magnetic card to activate the elevator. Makes this hotel 7 stars on security preventing outsiders from sneaking in. The staff was amazing, nice couple for girls and a guy, those who i ran into at the reception area. A great restaurant inside the hotel, so if you are tired and you don't feel going on, take the left to the ground floor and or give them a buzz and the restaurant will come to you. Located in the heart of the city center, makes it accessible to everywhere with a very short walking distance. Amazing rooms and bathrooms with tons of towels and shampoo, I hope they can boost the shower water power. I know they can.

Room Tip: As you are in the heart of the city center, i recommend the highest floor to get away from any noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Houssein A
It has been a great pleasure reading your comment, thank you for the time taken.
It seems as if you identified all of our strongest points and managed to put it so nicely.
I am most delighted to read that you found our team ‘amazing’, nothing can be of more enjoyment to our hotel’s team than comment like yours, thank you!
Indeed, to our huge delight the hotel has been busy with not only many return guests but also with our new guests who found this little gem in such a central location. I am glad you enjoyed the buzz which Temple Bar brings you day and night and I am happy to hear that you didn’t experience much of that buzz inside the hotel allowing you to have a peaceful stay 
The Fleet Street Hotel took every possible measure to ensure guests security, we have implemented many technical barriers for unwelcome guests and we fully trained all our team members who make sure our premises are safe and secure 24/7. Thank you for noticing that.
In overall we appreciate all your kind words about our service, location, restaurant, facilities in the bedrooms and other areas.
Now I am only hoping you will allow me to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel sometime soon, please email me directly for assistance with rates etc., magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com