“Centrally located hotel!”

The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #60 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We chose this hotel because it was a great price for a triple room in the center of Dublin. This hotel is located very close to Temple Bar, Trinity College, Grafton Street, Ha'Penny Bridge, and lots of hop-on-hop-off bus stops. We stayed here for 4 nights and then went to the west coast of Ireland for a night and then returned to the Fleet Street Hotel for 1 night. The room we had for the first part of the trip was a standard three single bed triple room that overlooked the street/alley. Since the hotel does not have air conditioning, it's pretty mandatory in the summer to keep your window open which unfortunately means that you hear ALL the noise from the street, including LOTS of drunk people in the Temple Bar area and the beeping from trucks. All in all, it was very noisy and made us happy that we brought ear plugs. The room was nice but the bathroom was TINY and the shower was very small. The second part of our stay we had a room with a double bed and a single bed that overlooked a small courtyard instead of the street. It was SO MUCH quieter - I highly recommend asking for a courtyard room if you stay at this hotel! The bathroom in this room was also much larger with a bathtub. Despite the hotel not having air conditioning, the staff was more than happy to provide you with a fan which was very helpful. A small negative of this hotel is that the breakfast room is very small. The breakfast itself is delicious! They have a great variety of options - eggs, toast, fruit, etc. We didn't run into the problem of not having a place to sit in the room, but it happened to several groups while we were already seated. Make sure to get to breakfast kind of early so that you can get a seat before it fills up.

All in all, this is a great hotel for the price and it's in a wonderful part of Dublin. I think if you ask for a courtyard room and get to breakfast early you won't have any complaints!

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room that faces the courtyard rather than the alley/street because it's MUCH q...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Meg09,

It is a pleasure reading your comment of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
It was great to have you here, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of you had a great time, I hope you got home safe and that you started planning your return to the heart of Dublin- Temple Bar already!!
Indeed in the hotel we have rooms facing the street and the courtyard, if you a light sleeper we do recommend requesting rooms facing to the inside. The Temple Bar itself never goes to sleep due to so many happenings till the early hours. Well this area is famous for its high density of pubs, restaurants and clubs.
I am happy to read that you liked you room the second time you stayed with us and that my team was ready to assist with fan in a helpful manner, I apologies for the inconvenience caused by lacking the air-conditioning in the bedrooms, we were blessed with a few weeks of a beautiful weather here and during that time our fans were very popular, but still available on request. I am also delighted you enjoyed our breakfast! We do indeed serve a various range of items and all are purchased locally and freshly made the same morning, it is delicious indeed!!
Thank you for your lovely comment.

It would be a great pleasure hearing from you next time you are planning your visit to Dublin,
Do email me magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel , at the top of Fleet Street so far enough away from the noise of Temple Bar . It's above TGI Friday but that caused no issue . Was there with my 10 year old so that shows how quiet I found it . Only issue the room was too hot and the breakfast room is too small , minor points

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank gavin6346

Dear Gavin6346
Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel quiet and comfortable. Indeed we are in the middle of all the happenings, you can enjoy the madness but you can also unwind in our lobby or in your room.
It was a pleasure having both of you here,
Do stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago and loved that it was close to all kinds of sites. Temple Bar, Trinity College, Grafton Street, among others. We arrived on Arthur's Day so Temple Bar was wild with people drinking. But I didn't mind that....it was fun! The room was very small, but very clean and comfortable. I loved this little hotel. Its also very close to the Palace Bar...a very charming pub. I would stay here again in a heartbeat,

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jessica L

Dear Jessica L
I am glad you had decided to comment us.
Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted to hear that your stay was fun and that you loved our hotel. Indeed we are in the middle of all the happenings, you can enjoy the madness but you can also unwind in our lobby or in your comfortable room.
Thank you for your ratings and kind words and I hope you do stay with us again as promised !

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Fleet is central, quiet (at least the rooms we had), clean, no bugs, nice lobby, friendly staff, and convenient. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us - I was injured (broken wrist, thumb and torn leg muscle). They made sure we were well taken care of the entire time we were there. They even upgraded the room due to mobility issues. Nice touch! The lobby is elegant, with a nice sitting area. The lobby is on the second floor so you can just chill from all the activity of Fleet Street. Trinity College, and everything else, is a 2 minute walk. One big caution for Canadians. The constant wearing of the flag on clothing, etc, has worn VERY thin and the locals do not understand why we do it nor do they appreciate it.

Room Tip: While a number of reviews complained about the noise, we stayed in two different rooms and heard ver...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vancouver90

Dear IrishBear13

Thank you for your review of your stay at The Fleet Street Hotel.
I really appreciate your kind words you shared about our facilities.
Most of all I thank you for recognising our team being helpful and attentive, it is always a pleasure in assisting our guests, I am glad your needs were met and we could make your stay more comfortable, considering your circumactances.
I really hope your injury didn’t stop you from enjoying your stay and experiencing Dublin, luckily enough we are in the middle of all the main landmarks so I hope you managed to do our outdoor exploring.

Thank you for your kind review and I hope we will see you very soon at the Fleet Street Hotel again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Located right in Temple Bar but close to Trinity College makes this hotel central to the liveliness but accessible to public transport to go anywhere else. The hotel was well maintained and clean while the staff was really friendly. They let us check in early at 9 in the morning without extra fee which was hands down appreciated. The only downside was the wifi was rather slow besides that it was a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nicole W
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Nicole 175
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel,
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our team really friendly.
Comments like yours help us maintain that high level of friendly and outgoing service we provide.
Thank you!
Indeed, we are so close to all the landmarks of this vibrant city, we are wright in the middle of all of the happenings.
Thank you for staying with us, I hope we will see you again at the Fleet Street Hotel.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I forgot to review this hotel after my return home to Canada last August! We loved this hotel. Had the large, clean, comfortable front room on the 3rd floor (1st floor is a TGIF restaurant so the hotel actually starts ont he 2nd floor). We did not have any problem sleeping, no noisy residents or outside noise although this hotel is right at the beginning of the Temple Bar (very busy street). Did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment. Excellent location. Within walking distance to many attractions and shopping. There is also an outside patio (weather permitting of course) and a small quaint lounge in front of reception where you can purchase drinks. The airport bus is a few steps away and starts around 7:00 a.m. (but check with reception). Efficient check-in and out. I will stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Front Rooms overlooking Fleet Street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Working030
I must say I am glad you decided to review us after all, your comment is lovely, and I am thrilled you actually loved our hotel!!. Thank you.
So since you enjoyed your stay so much and you would return here again, which’s some fabulous news, please allow me to assist you with your arrangement of your next trip to Dublin, and email me at: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
I am so pleased you discovered the Fleet Street Hotel , a little gem , so you know have a place in Dublin to come back to and enjoy its unbeatable location. Indeed all finest landmarks are at our doorstep, which you may rediscover over and over again with each trip to this city. Moreover you are able to leave all that city buzz outside the hotel and unwind in our peaceful lobby or enjoy a good night sleep in your room, I am glad you were not disturbed with any noise when stayed here the last time.
Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you will allow me to now even exceed you expectations with your next trip : )
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My sister and I stayed in a double room on a Thursday. We did not experience any troublesome noise from outside, like other reviewers have reported. The hotel is on the very edge of Temple Bar, and is equipped with good soundproofing windows, so it escapes the majority of the rowdiness. I've stayed in several Dublin City hotels, and this one is blessed with having the best location. For this reason alone, I will probably return.
Our room (220) was a decent size, decorated tastefully, modern and spotlessly clean. Our beds were super-comfortable. The bathroom was stocked with an all-in-one shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, which I'm not very fond of, but more and more hotels seem to be combining basic toiletries these days...
Breakfast was plentiful and tasty, though I would have appreciated if poached and fried eggs were on offer, instead of just scrambled. The TGI Fridays that occupies the building next door is advertised in the rooms, but we were disappointed that some discount was not provided to guests of The Fleet Street Hotel.
We didn't have much contact with staff, though the receptionists must be commended on their efficiency in checking us in/out.

Room Tip: It's worth it to include breakfast in your stay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ad54321

Dear AD5432
Such a pleasure reading your comment!! Thank you so much for such a high rating!
I also had a pleasure of reading your comment card left in your bedroom which I believe was yours, thank you so much. I must say that your points made on that card were very valuable and affected some of our operations for better, you may email me if you wish to know details. Big Thanks to You!!!
I am delighted you enjoyed our unbeatable location, room facilities and its cleanliness, our breakfast offerings, and service you received. In overall we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us !!
On the side though I must apologies for the disappointment you felt when discovering we actually do not provide any discounts in TGI Fridays, it is separate business to us but we surely should look into that 
I would be very happy if you contacted me next time you are planning your visit to the heart of Dublin – Temple bar!
Please email me: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
Thank you again for your lovely review, I am looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully any time soon.
Front Desk Manager