“Basic, but good location.”

The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here in July 2014. Very basic room, clean at least. Temple Bar is in a noisy and quite rough part of town, but walkable to most areas in the heart of Dublin. Supermarket accross the street is handy and appreciate the security on the door at nights. Worst views from the windows in the room, but reception was helpful in assisting with confirming our transfers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miss_tai82
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Dear miss_tai82
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location; indeed we are right in the middle of all the happenings, all the major landmarks of Dublin are nearly at our doorstep. I am also thrilled that you found our reception staff helpful and willing to assist. Thank you, I will share your kind words with the rest of the team.
I hope you will allow us to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here in August 2014 and really enjoyed it. This hotel is very clean with lovely friendly and helpful staff. It's in a great location for all the sights in Dublin .Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Dear zooms 101
Wow, what an amazing title of your comment, I’m in doubt it is true.!
Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and most pleased that you found our location, facilities very convenient.
I will also take the opportunity and share your kind words of the service you received with the rest of the team, they will be delighted. Thank you very much.
Also thank you for recommendations I hope to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel soon, it will be yet again a pleasure having you here. Do let me know when you are planning your trip and email me at magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because of location and were not disappointed! We originally had 2 reservations because a third person would be meeting us later and we needed to upgrade to a bigger room. Upon check in the woman at the desk gave us the triple room so we wouldn't have to switch! The room was spacious and the hotel is in walking distance from just about everything in Dublin! We were most impressed with the shower pressure ( it was welcome after a long day of travel and sightseeing! ) I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Dublin on Holiday!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sara B
Thank you for your review, kind words and amazing ratings!
It is such a pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we met and exceeded your expectations of not only facilities we provide but mainly of service you experienced. Thank you for recognising our team being efficient. Indeed you have picked a great location to stay in, not only so close to all the main landmarks for sightseeing but also surrounded by a good choice of restaurants, bars and night clubs, I am happy to read you enjoyed our location.
Thank you for recommendations I hope to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel, it will be yet again a pleasure having you here. Do let me know when you are planning your trip again email we at magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The highlight of this hotel is its location. It is located right on the edge of Temple Bar, but the rooms are very quiet. Very easy to sleep, even though Temple Bar was not quieted down for the night. Rooms were a good size and the staff was very friendly.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephanie W
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I am pleased that you had a good time staying with us. Thank you.
We really value your note and it has been a great pleasure reading your comments.
Indeed we are very conveniently located right in the middle of the main happenings in Dublin- Temple Bar, I am also delighted that although we are surrounded by a very late night life you didn’t experience any inconvenience related to that. It was a pleasure having you here, thank you for your note on our team, we are always happy to assist in a friendly manner.
I hope to welcome you soon, do let me know at magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com I would be delighted to assist with any enquiries.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here in mid-June (I thought I had already submitted a review earlier). Anyway, the staff was very pleasant. The sitting area near the lobby (1 flight up) felt like a private home instead of a cookie cutter hotel. Very good opportunity to try an authentic Irish breakfast which was included in the rate. The location was very central to the Temple Bar area and Trinity College. Plus we were able to easily walk to the other side of the river. Within a few minutes, we were close to the double decker tour bus stops and the airport bus stop. Luckily my room was not in the middle of any evening noise. Part of this might be that it was Sun/Mon nights we stayed here. If you need wash done, the hotel points you toward a local service 2 blocks away that does it the same day for 12 euros. I am happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear chefjohnnyc
I am delighted to read your comment, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for posting such a lovely review, and for giving us such a high score!
I am pleased to read that we have made that great impression on you regarding our facilities, service and location.
Well, indeed our hotel is little, well hidden gem, with a great deco and really friendly and helpful team. I will share your kind words with the rest of the team, they will be delighted!
Our location could not be better if you are planning all day sightseeing and/or late night party, most of the main landmarks are at our door step plus we are surrounded by the night live with uncounted amount of pubs and restaurants, I am glad you enjoyed our location.
I am also thrilled that you were satisfied with the Authentic Irish Breakfast we provide. Thank you.
I hope I will welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel in a near future.
Do let me know when you are planning your next trip I would be delighted to assist, do email me at magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com

Reviewed 16 August 2014

the hotel is in a very central location if you like sleeping in the middle of an all night, very loud party. Room 218 is the worst. As bad as the hotel is for noise, the hotel staff is fantastic. The staff does everything humanly possible to make a bad location hotel a good experience. Stay here at your own risk.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrDJPS

Dear drdjsammarco
Thank you so much for your valuable comment.
I am disappointed to read that your night sleep was disturbed due to the level of noise you were exposed to. Unfortunately as perfect as our location is for the access to all the major bars, night clubs and other landmarks we do experience a significant level of noise, please accept my sincere apologies. Nevertheless I am so delighted to read that you found our service Fantastic, our team is indeed exceptionally friendly and always willing to assist, we pride ourselves in making our guests feel as comfortable as we can, Thank you very much for recognising that, I will share your words with the rest of our team!
I would be more than happy to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel, please do contact me and I will try my best to arrange a room on the inside of the building which is fairly quiet comparing the street side. Please email me at magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com if you decide to travel to Dublin again.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back at the Fleet Street Hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a midweek trip on July 2014.

We arrived at 9:30am and asked about putting our bags in storage before coming back to check in later that afternoon. To our surprise, the room was already prepared, and we could check in straight away - a great start!

The hotel staff were all friendly and could not do enough for you. Anything we asked for was brought straight away.

The only two minor downsides were :
- The hotel was very hot and there was no air conditioning. The breakfast room in particular was sweltering. I'd imagine this would not be a problem for most of the year, but it just so happened that we stayed there during a particularly hot spell.
- As the hotel is right in the middle of Temple Bar, it was quite noisy at night. Our room was above an alley rather than the main straight, but we could still hear noise from a club, barrels being delivered and street cleaning very early in the morning. Perhaps thicker window glazing would help?

Apart from these minor issues, I would recommend the Fleet Street Hotel and would consider staying again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte S

Dear Charlotte S
Thank you so much for your review; it is a real pleasure reading that you have enjoyed your stay!
I am particularly delighted to read that you were impressed with our efficient check in. But mostly I am thrilled that you mentioned our team in such a favourable way, Thank you!
Indeed we are not only very efficient in making your stay comfortable but also very friendly, we always deliver very warm welcome, so I am pleased to read that you experienced exactly that.
However, I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations due to the level of noise you were exposed to. Unfortunately the location we are in leaves us with that difficult to overcome challenge. We are right in the middle of all the happenings in the heart of Dublin, Temple Bar.
I must also apologise for the inconvenience experienced during our hot season, I hope you did enjoy those spells of sun after all; it is a rare phenomenon here. Unfortunately we do not have air-conditioning in the bedrooms nevertheless for that reason we do provide fans.
Thank you so much for all your kind and valuable notes, I would be more than happy to welcome you back at the Fleet Street Hotel soon, please do contact me at magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
I am looking forward to having you here again.