“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
County Armagh, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a great weekend at this hotel we were on a hen party
The rooms were clean and quite spacious
The staff were very friendly especially SHANE who looked after us really well with the cocktails and shots :D

would def recommend this hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Had a really great stay at the spencer on a girls weekend. Room was great- really big and light and lovely balcony. Everything was really clean, pool/sauna/steam was great. Breakfast lovely. Staff really nice particularly Shane on the bar who made us lovely cocktails!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Jamietravels87
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Good room with clean facilities and modern feel.

I could not give it an excellent rating as there was quite a lot of noise from the road outside, even though I did ask the receptionist not to put me on the front of the hotel, the room was to the side of it that meant I was woken too early with the traffic.

Breakfast excellent with good choice of food and drinks.

The staff were very good also.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the busy road
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spencer_GM, Manager at The Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear MalPalLondon,

I would like to thank you for you positive review of both the hotel and breakfast.
The next time you make a reservation please let us know and we will be more then happy to facilitate this with enough notice.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Spencer.

Best wishes,

Eddie Sweeney
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

After asking if we might have a view of the river, the attendant gave us the most fabulous room we have ever had. Huge, with light pouring in from two floor to ceiling windows with long sheer curtains that blew in the breeze of the door opening to a two sided porch that overlooked the River Liffey, south Dublin and the hills beyond. The room was beautiful and clean, spacious, with a dressing room and a huge elegant bathroom. The staff was helpful and courteous. What an experience. It is rare that a hotel room can compete with the sights of Dublin.

Room Tip: Ask and you may receive. We had a fourth floor front corner room. The noise of the traffic is plea...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Peggie F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was excellent. We arrived at 8.30am. We missed the hotel transfer but the 747 got us there very promptly. We were hoping to store our bags until check in time, however there was a room available which was great. Rooms were clean and modern and perfect for us. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our taxi never arrived to pick us up to go back to the airport, but the receptionist went outside and hailed us a taxi. Thoroughly recommend. Never ate in the hotel so can't comment on dinner.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Justmarried201303
Elizabethville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were on a tour and our first hotel was the Spencer. The front desk staff were nice and helpful. The rooms are of average size and the beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. The hotel is located in the financial district near the river. It is well located to get to most things.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had an unexpectedly long day in Dublin last week and had no accommodation booked. My company very kindly booked me into what was probably one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in - at Spencer Hotel. To be honest it was my first time staying here - and I didn't know what to expect.

For starters its on the Luas line - which took me from city centre to the rear of the hotel. There was a huge 'celebrity' opening night party going on when I arrived - so the place was seriously buzzing. The hotel is newly refurbished. It is very modern, sharp and buzzy. The decor is seriously funky - and every area of the hotel is immaculate. Staff are really nice and friendly.

My room was enormous with a wrap around balcony overlooking the river - in the heart of the Financial District. I could have had my own party on the balcony it was so big. Big comfy bed, lovely sitting room area and work station (one of the best Ive seen). The bathroom was fab - huge bath and a serious walk in power shower. The high end bath products, Nespresso maker and chocolate etc. were very welcome. No mini bar - (maybe it was a good thing)!!!!!

Room service was efficient, very reasonable and gorgeous. Breakfast was excellent. There was such a huge variety of items - whether you wanted to be naughty or otherwise!!! I love their attention to detail in every aspect from the tiny jars of sauces to the infused waters and the very different fruit preserves. I think its this attention to tiny details that carries through the hotel and makes it extra special.

One small gripe was I felt it was a little noisy early in the morning - traffic is busy in this area. It wasn't a major issue as I had to get up early anyway.

I look forward to returning - I just hope my company is as generous next time!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business