“Anniversary”

The Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC
Ranked #17 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary last weekend. Lovely junior suite, comfy bed & great view & balcony. Had lovely meal in the Asian restaurant & served by a lovely Spanish lady who was rushed off her feet as it was busy! The managers seemed to be fussing over 1 couple of women so much & not paying attention to us & others so that we felt slightly neglected but it did not spoil our evening & the bar & bar lady were so nice we decided to stay in for the evening. We would certainly go back but the managers need to realise we all as customers would like attention & not just selective people !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillessa
Spencer_GM, General Manager at The Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear jillessa,

Thank you for your kind and honest review,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary with us.

We are very proud of the service our team delivers and I will make sure that they spread themselves out a bit more from now on.

I hope we are able to welcome you back on another special occasion.

Best Wishes,

Eddie Sweeney

Write a ReviewReviews (2,018)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really enjoyed this hotel. Great staff, especially Damien Daly. They take great care of you, the restaurant was wonderful, thanks Sonia and Julia.

The lobby is a great gathering place, very nicely appointed. Right along the Liffey River so it's centrally located. Fast to use the AirLink to get from the airport to the hotel. Normally I would have taken a cab but the bus was really easy and the kids like riding on the 2nd deck!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear dkarle,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the great review.

We are luckily located near many of the city's transport services and I am happy to hear you made us of them.

Next time you are in Dublin try out the Hop-on Hop-Off bus tours. There is a stop very close to us for the Docklands tour which connects with the main line which brings you all the way to Dublin Zoo!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

we regularly have lunch here and the place never disappoints. sonia normally assists and this time it's sinead. both are very friendly and accommodating! tried chili chicken chowmien, crying tiger, mango salad and all are delish. i highly recommend this place! :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacq N
Spencer_GM, General Manager at The Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Jacq N
Thank you for both your kind review and appreciated loyalty.

It is wonderful to hear from our regular guests and hear about their experiences with both our staff and East menu. I hope you will be taking part in our brand new loyalty card program which has just started. Ask Sonia or Sinead the next time you are in. Thank you for mentioning them in your review.

We are also refreshing our East lunch and dinner menu shortly with new and exciting Asia fusion dishes.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a great boutique hotel. I stayed 3 nights while holidaying in Dublin. Room is spacious and very modern, there is a bar and restaraunt, and there is a great pool and gym area. Its only a short walk to the centre of town. Last but not least Shannon and Rachel on reception are very friendly and helpful, no matter how minor the query. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul_Wan_Tong

Dear Paul_Wan_Tong,

Thank you for your kind review. The greatest compliments we can receive is great recommendations from guests like you.

We are proud of our Hotel and it is great to hear about your positive experience of our Health Club as well. We appreciate you mentioning the service that you received from Shannon and Rachel at reception. I am very proud of The Spencer team and the endless limits they go to in order to look after our guests.

We hope that we can welcome you back to The Spencer soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went to the Spencer restaurant on the recommendation of a friend who told us not only it was good food and atmosphere but that the staff were great craic. We all felt like we had been really well looked after with Sonja winning the hostess with mostess title hands down. She kept us entertained, fed and watered. Everyone of us has said we'll be back and hope to see you soon.
More Pie Mistress!!

Room Tip: Let Sonja take over and everything will be ok.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear mark l,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at East, our restaurant.

Thank you for your great endorsement of Sonja. We are also glad to hear that we lived up to your friend’s great recommendation. The next time you are in we will make sure the “Mistress” has more pie!!

I hope that your next visit will be as enjoyable as your last.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed overnight on business, I visit Dublin 3-4 times a year and have always used the Merrion in the past. I was recommended this hotel and given it was half the price I decided to give it a go and am so pleased I did.

Location - ideally located on the river front by the IFSC for anyone with business in that area.
Short walk to most of the City or the LUAS at the back of the hotel.

Service - this is the area that surprised me the most. The welcome at check in was as friendly as you could get, service in the bar was extremely good and on having to ask at the front desk for local information again service was some of the best I've had. Staff are definitely a strong point for this hotel.

Room - room wasn't huge but definitely big enough with nice balcony overlooking the river (ask for high up rooms at the front of the hotel). Had everything you need including a nespresso coffee maker. All furniture was in very good condition, bed comfortable and the room extremely clean. If I had any complaints it would be that the a/c is turned off when guests are not in the room and given I was travelling during a bit of a heat wave the room took a while to cool down. The a/c unit was also reasonably loud, although not enough to disturb sleep.

All in all this is a great hotel and I plan to use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KentMD

Dear KentMD,

We are delighted you had a great experience with us and hopefully we have converted you from being a Merrion guest to a Spencer guest in the future. The Merrion currently holds the number one ranking of all hotels in Dublin but we will be we will be working very diligently to take that spot from them and your endorsement has helped us along that path.

Please send me a message through Tripadvisor with your business contact details so I can have our sales team contact you with some great rates.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked this hotel after a long vacation overseas thinking I would have a nice relaxing evening in my nice hotel room before I departed home.. how wrong I was. This room was very expensive for what was provided.
- WIFI did not work
- Breakfast was stale and poor quality. For a five star hotel, I expected fresh, quality food but all that was on offer was cheap bread, hard bacon and dry eggs and no butter
- There was no bath.. for a hotel of this standard a bath should be a given, obviously not.
- They were going to charge 5 euros to bring a beverage to my room
- Service was very poor, there was limited staff to help and I was initially denied breakfast even though my room stated that I had paid for it.

If you can find someone else to stay, I would suggest you take that option very quickly. There is no justification for the price of this hotel. It is certainly not worth one euro out of your wallet. Shop around and look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Dublin has a number of great hotels, this hotel is not one of them.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank TurtleandLion

Dear TurtleandLion,

I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel.
I have sent you a message through Tripadvisor and I hope that I can personally contact you about your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.