“Now my favourite hotel in Dublin”

The Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC
Ranked #13 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Potters Bar
“Now my favourite hotel in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had previously stayed at this location when the hotel was under previous ownership. It has now undergone a complete refurbishment and is a delight to stay in. The rooms are extremely comfortable with great quality bed linen which adds up to a great nights sleep. Breakfast is a good buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DavePitts
Spencer_GM, General Manager at The Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear DavePitts,

It is great to hear you have enjoyed all the hard work that was carried out during the refurbishment.

We are honoured to now be your favourite hotel in Dublin and wish you many more pleasant stays with us in the future.

Eddie Sweeney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Thank you very much to Sonia , Sinead and Mark . Their services and really warm welcoming are more than appreciated. We used to eat for lunch time there -indeed with some of our clients - as it is good, smart and people are really charming !! Thank you to the team and for the good food :) ! Excellent. Nathalie

Room Tip: close to grand canal dock!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nathalie812014
Dear nathalie812014,

Thank you for the great TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear that both you and your clients enjoyed your lunches with us.

Glad to hear that Sonia, Sinead and Mark could give you such great service.

We recently introduced a loyalty card system for lunches within our restaurant, "East". Ask a member of the team next time you are in.

Galway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Having stayed at this Hotel before I was looking forward to returning but at check I felt the staff could not care less. There seemed to be a big tour checking out but that was not my fault and I felt I was only in the way. I was told to come back in an hour as the room was not ready. On my return another receptionist left me waiting and totally ignored me while she was sorting out paper work. There was no other customer and she was not on the phone. After 5 min she decided she was ready to see what I wanted and again like the first time I felt was in the way. She then proceeded to check me in and she was not impressed when I told her I had checked in all ready an hour ago. She still wanted to swipe my credit card but I told her I had done that all ready so she eventually decided to find my booking.
Having had lovely rooms here before with nice views this time I ended up in the back of hotel where every morning u had noise from all sides.
The pool was also too cold to to swim in everyday for my stay and other people using it also commented on it.
The hotel is in good location the rooms are comfortable and I'm sure people have had lovely stays here as I have had in the past myself but I think the staff would do well to remember that a smile and to be friendly helps.
It's not like the customer is staying for free and if your having a bad day don't take your frustrations out on the next customer!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Outlook12
Dear Outlook12,

I am sorry to hear that the level of service was not that of you had previously experienced with us.

I have sent you a personal message on TripAdvisor and I hope that you will find the time to reply.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back to The Spencer and restore your opinion of us.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Spencer for 3 nights, and had a spacious two bedroomed suite. Rooms were decorated to a high standard, and incredibly clean. We used the gym and swimming pool - both were good (the jacuzzi was not working though).

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to O'Connell Street, and about 25 minutes to Temple Bar.

There are places directly around the hotel for food.

I would have no issues recommending this lovely hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear SuchiterG,

Thank you for writing your review. I am pleased that the hard work of our accommodation team can receive the credit it deserves.

Unfortunately the Jacuzzi was out of order for routine maintenance, it is back up and ready for use and unwinding.

I hope that you will be able to join us the next time you are in Dublin.

Newry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had a 6th floor suite for two nights including a balcony with great views over the Liffey. The room was clean, spacious and included WiFi and 2 TVs! The hotel location is good with a short walk to O'Connell Street and the Temple Bar area.
Breakfast stops a little early for me at 10am on weekdays but the breakfast selection is excellent inc cereals, fruit, cheese/meats, pancake-maker, breads, pastries and Irish fry.
Car parking is an additional cost at a nearby underground car park.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear thep0stman,

The team at The Spencer really appreciate your kind review. Thank you also for the great photographs attached to hotel review.

Our breakfast hours are set to accommodate as many of our guests as possible but we do try assisting those late risers when possible. Let us know next time you are staying and we will try our bests to organise something for you.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent customer service. Room overlooking the Liffey with a great balcony. Fab breakfast. Ate in the hotel bar on a wild n wet Saturday night - lovely food. We got Fish n chips and the Burger - loads of food excellent VFM
Would definitely return

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kaiserslautern, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We came into Dublin airport very late (2240) and it was pouring down rain; we were very grateful to have a shuttle service (PaddyWagon) to the hotel at that late hour. We arrived at our hotel after midnight and the staff was wonderful, friendly in checking us in quickly as we were soaked and tired. Our room was the family suite. It was clean, neat, and perfect size for a family of 3. It was also facing the street and the view on our balcony was perfect. The breakfast was great with a wide variety to choose from. We ate dinner at the hotel once at the Asian place downstairs and I really did not care for it as it did not taste good to me. Luckily, there are many other restaurants around the hotel to choose from. We ate the sushi place just across the street and that was good. We also ate the bagel cafe right next to the hotel and I really liked that place. The location of the hotel was perfect as we were there for the Rock & Roll Half Marathon and it was near the start of the race. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family