“Great Craic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great Craic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband, myself and our two friends have been regular customers at the Dublin City Inn for about 17 years.

Patrick, Velica and Anna are some of the nicest kindest people we have ever met. The food is good, the rooms clean and most of all they are our Irish friends.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. It is a pleasure to see you enjoyed your return visit. We are already looking forward to welcoming you return to Dublin City Inn for many more years to come.

I will pass on your lovely feedback to all the team.

Patrick Carney,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Ventura, Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I want to say that the personal & hotel are great. It's not a 5 star hotel and there never was a question about that. I arrived at 7:00 am in the front clerk, was a great help. There was a open room and I didn't have to park my bag at the desk and wait to later. The room was simple and and very clean. When I had a question about tours and local places they either knew the answer or they knew a local that did. Example - I need to find a certain cigar store, and within a few minutes he had a map, time of operation, and the bus to take. Great Service. Would I stay once more ? No Questions YES

Room Tip: Had a fourth floor room in the rear, only noise was on Monday Trash pick-up around 6:00am
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to Dublin City Inn. I am very proud of all teh team here and delighted your experienced our friendly and helpful staff throughout your stay,

We do hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back again in the not to distant future..

All the team will be delighted to read your review as we always strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable time for all of our guests.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Dublin City lnn is exactly as advertised. The rooms are small, but the location is amazing. Breakfast was excellent and the staff was wonderful, even allowing us early check in after an overnight flight. They answered questions and sold ticket for some tours. We walked through the city or to the bus tours every day and strolled back from dinner in Temple Bar or the Abby Theater in the evenings. A wonderful value, for those who would rather spend their money dining, touring attractions and shopping.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Katie G,

Thank you for taking the taking the time in reviewing Dublin following your recent stay. It is a delight to see you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad to see you were able to access your room early and have some relaxation after your LONG flight.

I will share your kind feedback with all the team and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back some time in the future.

General Manager..
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We visited Dublin for one week, and were very satisfied with Dublin City Inn. The staff was exceptionally friendly, and even allowed an early check-in (very much appreciated as we had been on an overnight flight). The rooms are quite small, but are clean and comfortable, and there are large windows that can be opened for a breeze and to listen to the street-crowd if desired. There is also a communal lounge and outdoor patio available for use. Free wifi is available and dependable. The location is excellent, with the bus, train, and tram station within easy walking distance to the North, and several restaurants, shops, and landmarks on Talbot and the surrounding streets to the South. If you are generously apportioned the small showers may pose a logistical problem, but otherwise the bathroom is quite comfortable. There is breakfast available for a charge, but given the number of grocery stores and corner shops nearby we opted to dine on our own. Overall this establishment is highly recommended for the budget-conscious traveler.

Room Tip: There is not a fitness center or pool available. You may also be bothered by the street noise if yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryBryan2011
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dublin City Inn for your week in Dublin. It is a pleasure to read your wonderful review and you enjoyed your time with us. I am delighted to see you found your room comfortable and clean and of course our ideal central location.

I will share your kind comments with all the team here and they are very much appreciated.

Your recommendation is really appreciated and we hope to see you again should you be returning to Dublin in the future.

Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel had small rooms. It was comfortable, yummy breakfast for a charge. The staff was great. They answered any questions I had. The LOCATION IS AMAZING! You can't find anything more centrally located for tour pickups or the bus to and from the airport or just city buses. Everything is THERE! Really happy I ignored many of the reviews!! Don't be scared!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Cassandra,,

Thank you for your lovely review of Dublin City Inn following your recent stay. It is a pleasure to see you enjoyed your time with us.

Your review title does say it all '' Location Location Location '' we are ideally located to explore the wonderful things Dublin has to offer.

I will share your kind comments with all the team and they will be thrilled to see your feedback.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights in a single room. The room itself was a nice size, and fairly clean. Very dated. The shower stall is very tiny. I'm not a large person, and I was hitting my elbows on the wall.
The location is good and bad. Good because it's close to the Henry Street shops, Connelly station and a five minute walk to Trinity College. Bad because it's on a weird little street that was questionable after dark. I didn't feel terribly safe as a single female, but was not threatened - if that makes sense. Just watch your surroundings - which you should be doing anyway.
I didn't eat in the hotel, so I cannot comment on the food. But if you go out for breakfast, the Kingfisher on Parnell was quite yummy. There is also a breakfast place at Talbot and O'Connell.
If you're on a budget, this place will do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank EBella
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you choose to stay at Dublin City Inn for your short break.

We are ideally located in the city centre within walking distance to all the main restaurants and attractions which Dublin has to offer.

Talbot Street is one of our main streets minutes to the bus station and train station.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back should you be returning to Dublin in the not to distant future. I will share your feedback with all the team here.

Ballan, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I was going to mark this room down even lower than I have.

The room itself is tiny, located on the 1st floor. about a foot wider than the double bed.
The shower is so small, that it'd be impossible to access by a large person. NOTE: I'm not a large person.
The breakfast was assembly line mediocre.
The only really shining light was the exceptionally pleasant receptionist who allowed me to store my luggage there after I checked out, so I didn't have to drag it with me around Dublin.
She was even thoughtful enough to ask me if I wished to use the toilet when I returned.
Top marks to that receptionist.

A message to people who can't sleep, or have disturbed sleep, this is an inner city hotel. Spend a $ and get some earplugs!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Themikanic
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of Dublin City Inn. I am sorry to hear you had restless nights sleep this is down to been a city centre location where there will be at times some street noise out of our control. We do hope to welcome you back and we will ensure you are located to the back of the hotel.

I will pass on your kind comments to our receptionist as we always strive to provide a pleasent service to all of our guests.

Thank you again for affording me the opportunity to address your recent stay .