“Cheapish but pretty poor”
Review of Dublin Central Inn

Dublin Central Inn
Ranked #82 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Rugby trip so wasn't expecting anything flash. Clean sheets and basic room spoilt by poor bathroom and TV that didn't work. Great location. Girls at reception very friendly but man (owner?) a bit dour. Fine for a single bloke full of beer and just wanting a bed for the night but not somewhere I'd take my partner, cheap or not.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neil W
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Neil,

Thank you for you taking the time in sharing your stay on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed to read you were unhappy with some aspects of your stay and not up to the standard we expect and i do apologise.

I do hope this will not deter you from returning to Dublin City Inn at some stage in the future and afford us the opportunity in restoring your faith in the services we provide.

There are newer reviews for Dublin Central Inn

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I just returned from spending 2 nights in this hotel with my husband. The location is fantastic, literally 2 min walk to o'connell street, the price for this location should have been far more! There was free parking which is unheard of in dublin. The staff were fantastic, really happy to help and so pleasant. Breakfast was pretty standard but plentiful. I saw some other reviews complained about the noise and this concerned me however, our room faced out to the Main Street and there was noise form traffic and revellers but in the city centre that is to be expected and it did not keeps or my husband awake. All in all I would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aileen M
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Aileen,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review of Dublin City Inn. We are delighted to see you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I will share with all the team here as our aim is to provide a comfortable pleasant experience at Dublin City Inn for all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband returning to us in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here for three nights during the tradfest. Excellent location for getting to O Connelll street and temple bar and although on a busy street there was little noise in the room. Room was clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sievster81

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of Dublin City Inn.

It is lovely to see you enjoyed your stay with us and always nice to hear you will stay again.

We hope you also enjoyed the trad fest which was very popular to all who attended.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Dublin city inn from 24th January - 27th January. I could not fault this hotel at all. In a perfect location based in talbot street just near o'connell street! Was easy to find once directed by the helpful tour guides based up o'connell street. I got here around 15.00 so was able to check in straight away. I was very happy with the room, it was clean, tidy and more than I could have expected. The receptionist staff are very nice, always welcoming with a smile on their face. My room was cleaned daily.. Where I was provided with new towels and the bed was made immaculately. If I was to come to Dublin again I would 100% stay here again! I requested a street view room and that's what I got.. The windows are large which I really liked.. Get a good view of talbot street and there is also a tesco up the road.. A pound shop type place called dealz and there is a pharmacy a couple doors down.. This is just a few of the places up talbot streets.. If you fancy getting a tattoo like I did there is a tattoo shop across the road called 'dragon tattoo'.. Highly recommended.

A big thank you to all the team at dublin city inn for making my stay as pleasant as possible.

Emma xox

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Emma H
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Emma,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay on Trip Advisor . It is so much appreciated your feedback and delighted top see all aspects of your stay were enjoyable.

All the team will be thrilled to see your comments.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Dublin City Inn during 2014.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at Dublin City Inn for two nights and felt it was very good value for money. Honestly, our initial impression upon arrival was skeptical as we were given the key to a room which was already occupied and felt that the alley leading to the parking lot behind the building felt a bit unsafe. However, once we were settled in our correct room, we felt very comfortable throughout the rest of our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The room was small but functional and clean with a good shower and a nice bed. The parking lot was well secured and easily accessible from inside the hotel. The most appealing aspect of this hotel was, of course, the location. We found that it was an easy walk to the Temple Bar area and a slightly longer but very doable walk to the Guinness Storeroom. We appreciated the convenience of having a Tesco express just across the road and found that there were also a few nice restaurants within just a couple of blocks. We ate next door at Italian Connection and would definitely recommend that guests try it if they are looking for something nearby! The staff members at the front desk were pleasant, friendly, and helpful. While this isn't a luxury hotel, we felt that it was the perfect place to stay for a weekend away in Dublin especially for those like us on a budget. Just as a side note, we were surprised to discover that the entrance to the hotel was a single door wedged between two ground floor businesses on Talbot street - this didn't bother us at all but may be helpful to know when trying to find the place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca A
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your stay on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to see you choose Dublin City Inn for your 2 day break. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your time with us.

I will pass on your kind comments to all the team.

We very much appreciate your recommendation and we hope to see you again the next time you are visit Dublin.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Highly recommended. I booked Dublin City inn for a suprise trip in Jan to Dublin for my sisters 21st, I emailed them asking them whether they could leave anything birthday related in her room upon arrival. The manager was extremely responsive with his replies, and pulled out all the stops to make katies birthday as special as possible. For a small extra fee the staff put up banners, left (a good quality) sparkling wine, signed a card from us, and left chocolate and balloons. The manager remembered the request and my sister by name, personally wishing her a happy birthday. Room was lovely and staff were lovely. Room was exceptionally well priced, with only a ten minute walk to all the tourist-y parts of the city.

Room Tip: If it is for a special occassion email the manager and book in advance
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren W
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Lauren,

Thank you very much for your lovely review following your sister's recent stay for her 21st birthday. All the team do like to add the extra touch for any occasion to ensure all our guests enjoy there time with us.

I will share your kind comments with all the team here and we hope to have the opportinity in welcoming you and your sister to Dublin some time in 2014.

Many Thanks and Happy New Year to you.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I stead here for three nights at end December.. Rooms are small n need little up to dating.. But over all clean ...very friendly staff ... Specially reception ... It's cheap... Great location... Street can be very busy as it just below O Connell street but that didn't bother me... Bed was comfortable .. A warm room... Overall a nice stay

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank xoxmalibu89xox

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to see you enjoyed your time at Dublin City Inn.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back sometime in the future as we do offer great value for our ideal city centre location.

All the team will delighted with your comments as they do provide excellent excellent service to all .

Many Thanks and Happy New Year to you.