Dublin Central Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,214 results
All reviewstalbot streetgreat locationtemple barguest loungerooms are smallo'connell stbasic hoteltour buswould stay here againshort stayfirst floorlight sleeperearly hoursfull irish breakfastcity breaklong weekendstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'm sorry to say that this was our first and "least favorite" hotel in our 2-Week 5-City IRELAND vacation. The location was very convenient. We easily found the hotel address using GPS on our 1st day of driving from the airport. It was a comfortable walk to all of the in-city sights each day, and from the Temple Bar area each night (upon our returns we appreciated the locked front entry & 24 Hour personnel at the front desk). The car park was also very much appreciated, we were fortunate to get a spot in the tiny limited lot, and our car sat there safely & unused for 3-Days. The 2 rooms we had [2 Adults in each] were really really small (even by european standards, and a good grin-and-bear-it attitude) with only a foot space to walk past the end of the bed; maybe two feet on the sides of the bed. The shower was unbearably tight, and it took me until the 2nd day to figure out I needed to turn the water on & off as I cleansed & washed my hair to avoid overflowing the slightly-clogged & shallow shower basin. The rooms were quite warm morning/nite, with some added air movement if you fully open the [un-screened] windows; but we had to promptly shut them nearly closed for fear of a seagull flying in and to avoid their constant loud screeching thru all hours of the nite/morning. Most offensive of all was the overwhelming smell of paint, paint, and more fresh paint. With challenging room sizes, temperatures, noise, baths, and fumes, we simply couldn't wait to GET OUT of the hotel each morning, and we wouldn't return again until very late each night. We skipped the "addtl fee" breakfast and instead enjoyed coffees & pastries from nearby shops. Regardless, we completely enjoyed Dublin, with the city's greatest feature being THE PEOPLE! Everyone was so friendly, and eager to share city tips, conversations, stories, drinks, and a good time! It was our sincere pleasure meeting the people who call Dublin "home" (and surprising to discover just how many people have visited our home state of New York). Cheers!

Room Tip: On the 2nd floor, after exiting the elevator ... one room was down the right hall, facing the street, and had limited street noise late at night, slightly fewer seagulls, and nice street view ... our second room was down the left hall, facing away from the street, and the back buildings were rampant with seagulls & their noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jennyl0ve
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in choosing to stay at The Dublin City Inn and for sharing your time on Trip Advisor.

We very much appreciate your detailed review on all aspects of your stay may i add we do have some small rooms and this would be the case in a lot of hotels . I am delighted to see you availed of our free parking which is limited on a first come first served basis.

We have just completed painting all our bedrooms and public areas , I do realise there is no good time to have this work carried , It is essential it is carried out as we continue to improve the upkeep of all areas.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the Dublin people as Dublin has some wonderful characters sharing stories of times gone by.

We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last week stayed in this hotel yet again, this is not the first time I have stayed here and will not be the last. It's location is great and the staff here are very good, indeed they also serve a great breakfast in their first floor dining room this hotel is a real gem and is great value for money, last two occasions I have helped with parking my car safely. To show how much I like this hotel I will be staying there again towards the end of the month when working in Dublin again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review following your recent stay. It is a pleasure to have you return to stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the end of the month.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Dublin city Inn is only 4-5 blocks from the Spire. Close to downtown and within walking distance of many attractions in Dublin. Also close to the main bus station and close to the Buses on O'Connell Street. Dublin City Inn has an elevator that an electric scooter will fit in and some rooms have a bath tub and a shower. There is no A/C however. The Dublin City Inn has banner advertising about its door to find it. You must look up to see it. At the door, there is a gold sign that draws your attention to it and not to the hotel sign. I stayed in room 206 which was large. Other rooms that I saw were small. All areas are clean. It was getting painted while I was there. So it should have a fresh look by now. Wifi is free but slow. Do not be in a hurry when using it.

Room Tip: There is a large pub three or four doors to the left as you face the hotel. Ask for a room on the right, away from the pub noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnBPantego_NC_USA

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent stay at The Dublin City Inn. During your stay we were in the process in painting all public areas and all bedrooms . I am glad to say this has now been completed. We do not advertise air conditioning as we do provide portable fans when requested.

We do hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back should you be returning to Dublin in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was the first stop on our honeymoon (and our first visit to Ireland). We got a great deal going directly to the hotel's website. The location was fantastic. The airport bus left us off a block away, and the hop on/hop off bus (that was our sole mode of transport around Dublin for 3 days) had 3 stops very close by. We were on the 4th floor facing the street, so our noise issue (when the window was open) was more from noisy seagulls than from street revelers, though we did hear a little bit of that too. If you're a light sleeper, request a room at the rear of the property and not on the top floor. Others have complained about the size of the room, but we didn't find it an issue. We don't expect a large room in a European capital at this price point and we use the room primarily for sleeping, so it was perfectly fine for us. The bed was super comfortable and we slept well. The full Irish breakfast was good, and served in a cheery breakfast room by friendly staff. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. There are some very good restaurants right on the same block as the hotel, as well as various shops (I was even able to get my torn shoe repaired right next door). We went to the Abbey Theater one night, which was one block away. The free wifi worked very well. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RandBrad

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review following your recent stay at Dublin City Inn. We are delighted to see you choose us a your first stop on your honeymoon. Congratulations from all the team here. It is great to see you booked through our website as we offer the best price and offers at all times .

I will pass on your kind comments to all the team here they will be delighted to read your positive feedback.

Many Thanks and love to hear you would return.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The best part of the hotel is the location just off O’Connell Street that is where it ends.

The rooms are that small, a hamster wheel on the wall would not be out of place, that’s not a joke. I was unable to walk round the bed without side shuffling, 10 out of 10 for the photographer. The shower was in keeping with the room very small too.

Full Irish breakfast, is not egg, bacon, sausage & hash brown, very poor as when things ran out they were not replaced, black & white pudding never made an appearance. We were very disappointed and ate out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 555Smiley555

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We very much appreciate all feedback . I am disappointed to see your comments on our breakfast as we always replenish all hot food I will address your feedback with the restaurant team.

We hope this will not deter you from returning in the future and we will ensure your return is a comfortable and enjoyable stay.