2,284 results
All reviewscity centreivy housecroke parkclose to the airportdublin airportbus stopexecutive roombar foodfamily roomreception stafflovely hotelhotel barreception areavisiting dublino'connell streetbusestaxi
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here with two young children and the staff were super. We arrived very early in dublin and the hotel said we could drop off our bags at the hotel while we went out for the day. When we got there they explained we could wait until checking for our room (two double beds) or have a double and two singles there and then which was perfect! The staff were so friendly and helpful we were very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Relations Manag... ., General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear PLOu,

i am delighted that we were able to look after you for an early check-in. Many thanks for the kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Skylon sometime soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had not been in the Skylon hotel for a number of years and was absolutely delighted to have booked it for a recent work stop over. The location of the Skylon is just brilliant - really handy for the city centre - but also just a couple of minutes to the airport. The interior of the hotel has been recently renovated and there is just a lovely atmosphere from the minute you step inside. The lobby is lovely -lots of places to sit and relax - and I saw some other guests enjoying afternoon tea. The staff are really welcoming which is a treat in a city centre hotel.

It was my room that just made my stay though - it was beautifully furnished and decorated in a really stylish way - over and above a 3 star - much more a 4 star bedroom. I pottered down for a dinner in the bar that evening and had a gorgeous meal of a nice and varied menu with good prices.

Once again all the staff were just brilliant.

All in all a really great hotel - in a superb location - with gorgeous bedrooms and lovely staff. Well done to all at the Skylon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Skateprincess,

You are so kind to take the time to write a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our renovated bedrooms - new Nespresso coffee machines are coming for the bedrooms next week and should finish them very nicely. You need to come back on a Sunday to enjoy 'The Jazz Lads' live in the lobby. We will give you extra buns with your afternoon tea but don't tell anyone!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

very friendly staff and convenient to the airport, however there was no heat in our room when we arrived as we were advised it was on a timer and only came on at 4 p.m. one hour after check in. In the morning there was no hot water in spite of running the tap for over 5 minutes, not much chance of a shower before catching an early flight, unless you are into cold showers first thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Relations Manag... ., General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Paddyinmexico,

I am glad that you found the staff nice. As the guy who sets the heating times I really must apologise. At ths time of year the heat runs nearly all the time. I do have it off between 12pm and 4pm but I will get this changed to come on earlier. With regard to the hot water please accept my sincerest apologies. I would appreciate if you could drop me an e-mail so that I can find your room number. This would be an issue with the thermostat in the room and I would be keen to get this looked at. I look forward to your e-mail and we will make this right. smcgavock@dublinskylonotel.com

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the hotel and I have got to say it is the most friendly place I know. All the staff can't do enough to help. The rooms are spotless and the food is very good. If you were staying here on a holiday visit the transport in to town is very good. There is also a great restaurant over the road.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear ian D,

How kind of you to take the time to write us a lovely review. We will have to look after you for a nice pint of Guinness in the Bar & Grill on your next visit - actually I really must stop leading people astray - a nice Latte coffee (have the Guinness!!)

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Skylon soon.

Regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

When we arrived in Dublin clueless and lost, but upon entering the hotel, we were met by two lovely irish men at the reception who were extremely kind and helpful, and advised us on what to do while in Dublin with maps etc.The rooms were better than the Median in Paris! Breakfast was gorgeous, wished they served unlimited eggs and bacon though.. but great hospitality was friendly and even the cleaners were very thorough. Close to city centre at resonable price.

Therefore, I would strongly recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear hugh2705,

What a lovely review - I am glad we were able to get you on the right track! I am delighted that you enjoyed are newly refurbished rooms and our breakfast. I appreciate you giving the cleaners a special mention as they really do work so hard. I hope that you return to the Skylon on your next trip to Dublin.