2,282 results
All reviewscity centreivy housecroke parkclose to the airportdublin airportbus stopexecutive roombar foodfamily roomreception stafflovely hotelhotel barreception areavisiting dublino'connell streetbusestaxi
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Arrived in Dublin early around 4:15 am, didn't have a reservation until later that day. We drove around for a coulpe of hours and decided to check out the Hotel. Arrived at 07:30 am and the gentleman at the front desk asked if we were there for breakfast. I told him that we were just checking the place out and we would be staying for a few nights. He told us that our room was vacant from the night before and that we could check in at that time, what a home run! The place could not have been better, we stayed an extra night. The room was nice,clean,great beds. Hotel was very comfortable, service was GREAT. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This place couldn't have made my visit here any better. The staff are just excellent and friendly. It was my friend and I first visit to Dublin and the staff were more than happy to tell us the best places to go etc. The food in the restaurant was great, wifi is quick and we got a later checkout time for free too, which was a really selfless gesture from the kind lady at reception. The bar staff were excellent and friendly, special mention to Nathan who went the extra mile to make sure everyone in the bar was having a good time and was chatty, and really brought himself down to that friend level with people, which is very rare to find in other places. All in all this place has made my visit to Dublin extra special and I can't wait to return again. Thanks guys!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed for one night at the Skylon at the end of Feb 2014. Was met by very friendly helpful receptionist. Room was comfortable and clean while not elaborate. The double bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. I did have trouble getting the right temperature for the shower, no matter how adjusted it seemed to be either too hot or too cold.
I dined in the bar that night, food was good and plentiful [mixed grill] although the steak included was slightly burnt. Breakfast was quite good.
When checking out in the morning I was told that I could leave my car in the hotel carpark until I was leaving town in the evening at no extra charge. As I was not using it during the day and there is a bus into town just outside this was very helpful. My only suggestion is that the signage in the car park could be improved. On driving in I had to get out of my car to locate the underground level of the car park having missed the small sign on the way in. Getting into the underground section then needed a bit of maneuvering. If staying in Dublin again the Skylon will be my first option.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived late on a Friday night, only to get to reception and be ignored by 2 members of staff, finally a man working on a computer saw to us, where we were told that they had run out of rooms so we had been upgraded to an "executive" suit on the 1st floor, that was about as much conversation as we got, no directions to where about out room was, luckily the lifts are close to hand & the rooms are clearly signposted. No information was given to us about hotel facilities, breakfast, evening meals etc not even a local map, thank god for free wifi so we could work out where we were!
Rooms were beautiful clean and tidy, if your a coffee and tea drinker then maybe pass on the ones in the room as not pleasant! We were at the back of the hotel, so there wasn't a view unless you class a crane as one, but this meant that it was very quite, so we had 3 lovely nights sleep!
We tried the hotel bar on the first night, but it wasn't really a welcoming atmosphere and felt rushed to finish out drinks and leave, as the staff obviously wanted to go home, so that was the first and last time we drank there!
On leaving, we had an early flight on Monday morning, we went to reception to book out taxi & settle up, this time there was a very helpful lady receptionist who advised us to book the "Paddywagon" as they could collect us at 4:20am and we would only pay €3 each, bargain as a taxi is about €20, she even offered a wake up call for us, shame this lady wasn't working on out arrival as she was lovely, friendly, chatty and very helpful! And would have probably started out holiday in a very different way!
Overall, this hotel is clean, tidy and in walking distance of the town (maybe only if weather is nice), there is a bus stop over the road so pretty easy to get about from here cost just over €2.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014

i recently stayed in the Skylon for the first time and really enjoyed my stay. the hotel is in a great location only 10 minutes from the city and the airport. all the staff are very friendly and were more than happy to help me. the room i had was without a doubt a 4 star room and was very clean, and the cleaners kept it this way during the stay. it had everything i could need like free wifi. next time i come to dublin i will definitely be staying here. great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business