Dublin Skylon Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$213
Hotels.com
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
US$176
US$171
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$213
US$186
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$220
US$201
Agoda.com
2,145 results
All reviewscity centreivy housecroke parkclose to the airportdublin airportbus stopexecutive roomfamily roomreception staffbar foodlovely hotelhotel barbooked this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublino'connell streetbuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed here for my partner's 28th birthday visiting from England and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Service was generally good, especially from Simon in the bar! What a great guy, we felt so welcomed and the Guinness and food was great on the first night we ate there. A true diamond to the Skylon hotel, he should be praised and rewarded for his serve to the customers.

The room is reasonably sized, lots of space. The bathroom looked newly decorated and was nice and clean. The bed was nice and firm with some give, some hotel beds can be too soft. Free unlimited wifi - GREAT! I did however have a few things that knocked back my view of the hotel; night manager/porter didn't answer the '0' call around 11:30pm, as my partner works in the hotel industry himself he thought they were busy and headed to reception within minutes of calling to find them sat doing very little. A little annoying! The room just needed some attention to detail so painting over water marks, fixing the slight gap between the wall and the toilet gap etc. Nothing too serious but something we noticed around the hotel. However what I loved about this hotel was the fact they have no self closing fire door hinges attached to guest rooms, no slamming doors from other guests throughout the night and first thing in the mornings meant we could sleep in and sleep through the entire night (apart from the clanky radiator at 5am going off both nights). AC would have been fab first thing in the morning too, the windows didn't let much fresh air in and didn't fancy a noisy old fan blowing away all night.

Breakfast was good, however the sausages were the smallest thin sausages I've seen hahaha. I read there was Irish sausages mentioned by the GM (Shane? We saw 2 other GM's mentioned in the guest directory) but no option to choose them? Other than that the cooked breakfast was nice. We had no idea there was a buffet selection - great for grabbing toast also. The tea was GREAT, I struggle to get a good cup of tea in any hotel we have stayed at. I drank the whole pot, surprisingly. Service however was a little confused, we had 3/4 people asking if we had ordered breakfasts... Assigning sections may make breakfast a little less repetitive. However as always, all very friendly members of staff :)

The coach service from the airport was spot on too. You couldn't go wrong for it being free to get there and 3euro each to get back to the airport. Door to door service and the driver was definitely up for a laugh. Great start and end to our stay.

The hotel is located across the road from many places to eat and grab a drink. Bus services all heading in to town to get around easy. Reception staff are lovely and knowledgeable RE where to go, where to eat, how to get around etc. Everyone in Dublin were friendly to us, all very nice people and up for a laugh or craic as they all love saying :)
All prices are reasonable, if not more than reasonable. Overall, we WILL stay again! We were sat planning our next visit with friends whilst sat in the lobby! Thank you for a great stay :) hope to be seeing you all again soon for a longer stay simply because of the great staff, great location and pleasant rooms!

Room Tip: Visit the bar on Thursdays for 4euro per pint of Guinness and good food. Get the free shuttle service from the coach park in the airport. TIP THE STAFF IF YOU RECEIVE EXCELLENT SERVICE! They thoroughly deserve it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jord920
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the Skylon with friends - hotel was beautifully decorated throughout and very comfortable to relax in. Dining facilities were excellent and the quality of the food was very good and not over priced. Staff were professional, courteous and friendly throughout. We would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My recent stay here was very enjoyable. There is a good selection of bar food, and service was prompt. For fussy eaters it seemed no trouble for the bar staff to swop mash for chips or make a dish extra spicy. The bar had a very nice atmosphere and was a good mixture of guests and locals.

I had difficulty getting wifi on my laptop but the receptionist sorted it out for me despite being busy. Nothing seemed too much trouble.

I have to give a special mention to Simon whose attentive service made us feel like VIPs, he even remembered our names.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just got back from my first visit to Dublin and can honestly say I LOVED this hotel! Reasonably priced stay/drinks/food....fantastic location...and the friendliest hotel staff EVER! Rooms we're clean and beds were extremely comfortable. A bus stop right outside the hotel meant reaching the city centre was easy. Shuttle buses every 2 hours to airport for 3 euros (taxi was about 16 euros) and a shuttle bus is provided to and from the O2 which is where my friend and I watched Beyonce, that was 8euros return. The O2 itself is a lovely venue, not to big like some arenas in England. Much more intimate and would definitely be returning to watch another concert there. Temple bar area is expensive...you really need to know where to go as my friend and I went in to a bar and paid 21 euros for two drinks!!!! Locals are helpful though but you won't find many locals in temple bar, lots of foreigners. But there is a great atmosphere and live music pretty much everywhere. And there are just streets and streets of bars and clubs so no trouble finding anywhere. But my friend and I were much happier drinking in the hotel bar. Nathan behind the bar was very friendly and chatty to all the guests. Toni who was in the restaurant/bar on the day we left was superb too and sympathetic of my hangover! Haha! Also Colette, I think her name was, behind reception was amazing too! All staff were incredibly friendly and helpful beyond belief! I have never known service like it, blew me away! And I read on tripadvisor reviews that the staff were rude! Couldn't be more wrong. Will definitely be returning here myself and recommending it to everyone! Thanks skylon....until next time!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Arrived in Dublin early around 4:15 am, didn't have a reservation until later that day. We drove around for a coulpe of hours and decided to check out the Hotel. Arrived at 07:30 am and the gentleman at the front desk asked if we were there for breakfast. I told him that we were just checking the place out and we would be staying for a few nights. He told us that our room was vacant from the night before and that we could check in at that time, what a home run! The place could not have been better, we stayed an extra night. The room was nice,clean,great beds. Hotel was very comfortable, service was GREAT. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family