Dublin Skylon Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
2,143 results
All reviewscity centreivy housecroke parkclose to the airportdublin airportbus stopexecutive roomfamily roomreception staffbar foodlovely hotelhotel barbooked this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublino'connell streetbuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Spent four nights in the hotel recently and was very pleased. Clean, comfortable room. Excellent restaurant and bar service from a very pleasant staff. Coach to the airport for 3 Euros is amazing value. Would highly recommend. It is a bit out of the city centre, but there is an excellent bus service into town and just a short time away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Returning from a week's holiday in the Canaries we decided to stay over in Dublin as our flight came in at midnight. On arrival at 1am the staff at reception were so welcoming and had us booked in quickly which was great as we were very tired. The room was beautiful, probably the most comfortable bed ever. Breakfast was so good with a huge variety of food and lovely pleasant staff. Everything about the hotel was first class so would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. Will be back on my next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We recently stayed here on a stag party and hotel was fantastic. Rooms were spot on, bar was great craic and staff were very helpful to check in 26 people! Will recommend to others and definitely use it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel would have got a 5 star review was it not for one rude receptionist and a disastrous taxi service. (mentioned later).

The Skylon doesn't look great from the front entrance but once you walk inside, it is fantastic. We arrived very early and just needed somewhere to drop our bags so we could go to a function across town. I think Daniel was the gentleman who greeted us at reception and looked after our bags and parking and he was very professional and apologetic when explaining we couldn't check in.

My other half returned on her own as I was still at the function and her check in was quick and easy with a friendly, professional receptionist and her bags were waiting for her. The room was a nice size, not huge but not cramped with a flat screen TV (a rarity in Irish hotels), a very comfy bed and a powerful shower. Everything I look for in a hotel room. My OH has back problems and said she had never had such a good nights sleep!

The surrounding area is also nice, a few pubs and shops across the road and a little village just a 10 min walk away. The locals in the pub seemed friendly too.

The rude receptionist shall remain nameless but the first taxi we ordered, we were waiting for 20 minutes and when we asked how much longer we were told 15mins more so we started walking and flagged one down. I would recommend flagging one down because they are driving past regularly enough, but we didn't know that at the time. The second taxi did turn up after about 10mins to collect my other half (she didn't want to start walking alone) to bring her to our restaurant where I was waiting but he took her to another restaurant in a different part of town!! A complete disaster but the restaurant were top class (separate review).

We would stay here again and I have already booked another stay for October and now we know to get our own taxi's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the last two years and must say that I have found every stay most pleasant.
Paul and his staff are the best they are so helpful and friendly.
The rooms are very clean, showers good quality and clean bed linen also the TV's are new and all channels can be obtained.
The food, although not 'haute cuisine' which I would not want anyway is always edible and plenty of it, although not always hot.
Unfortunately there are no spa facilities here but I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: swimming pool and spa rated terrible only because the hotel does not have either. The newly refurbished rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business