Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar
  • Breakfast included
Blooms Hotel(Dublin)
The Clarence(Dublin)
1,119 results
All reviewscommon roomtemple bargreat locationbed dormfamous templeown bathroomfree breakfastpub crawlcommon areasnoisy at nightairport shuttlelight sleepercentral locationbeds were comfortablepubs and restaurantscagesnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in a private room with a friend before a night out in Dublin. It was perfect! Really clean room, it was tiny, but that's what you expect in a hostel! Staff were friendly, and great security at hostel too. If you want sleep this is not the place for you as it's in the middle of temple bar!! It's perfect for young socialisers! Will return again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great location. Lots to see, do and eat.
The place reminds me of a college dorm, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing or a good thing. Never got to have the breakfast because I never woke up in time for it. I stayed in a mixed 6 bed dorm, and it was very cramped but we managed :) It's all part of the experience. If you're looking for comfort and pampering go to a hotel.
My only issue with this place was the WIFI, they only had it in the common room which meant everyone coming in to a small room that closes at midnight to use the wifi.
The staff are extremely helpful. They showed me various tours and activities I can do. They almost have everything on site you might need for a small fee or deposit.
I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed in this Hostel twice and couldn't recommend it enough.
Staff are so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Hostel is very comfy and clean, sharing kitchen and common room, we met loads of people from pre drinking In the kitchen which was nice.
Breakfast very basic toast with tea or coffee, we went to a cafe near by and had a lovely breakfast for €7.
Great location right next to temple bar which is a fantastic pub, live singers although very expensive most drinks average between €6-€7 euros.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I should start by saying that we didn't actually stay here as our tour operator failed to complete the booking. However the staff were so helpful and friendly they called the holiday company (which was based in England) who had booked us into another hotel near by! The staff were so amazing they even printed us off a map showing the route to the other hotel to help us on our way.
From what we saw of the hostel it looked clean, vibrant and is in the heart of Temple Bar which is the centre of everything lively in Dublin. The prices advertised at reception were extremely cheap given the location and there were plenty of leaflets available advising on things to do, including a "pub crawl on a budget"!
The service and staff alone sale this accommodation!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Maybe I had the Vaseline over my eyes for Ireland, but I enjoyed staying here. I will admit, the breakfast was lacking compared to the other hostel I stayed in during my trip, but the beds were comfy and the staff was more than friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends