“Great high level of service”

Optimum Chauffeur Drive - Day Tours
Ranked #139 of 237 Tours in Dublin
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second time using Optimum and again I was not disappointed! Beautiful luxurious car with a fantastic driver. Last time I had Jimmy and thought I was lucky with the driver I had but I had a different driver this time, Kevin who was equally as fantastic. Their knowledge and professionalism and just the perfect Irish charm is second to none!! Highly recommend for business or leisure

3  Thank CNicB

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked Optimum Chauffer Drive without knowing a great deal about them- except for the few reviews on Trip Advisor. They could not have made our trip more enjoyable and we heartily recommend them to all. They were knowledgeable, patient and always on time. They were more than willing to share their knowledge and make great suggestions. Sarah Laws, the person who we contacted and dealt with, got back to us immediately, regardless of the day of the week or time of the day. She really is amazing. Micheal, our driver knew so much. We had a little 8 month old child with us, and he was never thrown, even when she let it be known that she no longer wanted to be in the car. By the way, the vehicle easily and comfortably held all of us--- 6 adults and a baby.

1  Thank sCHER12345
Reviewed 29 August 2013

It was a beautiful, sunny day. There were four of us, and Frank the driver as we headed out for what turned out to be one of the highlights of our whirlwind trip to Dublin. We had some idea of what we wanted to see (thanks to Mary at the Optimum office and her prompt and informative responses!), but we mostly left our Wicklow tour in Franks capable hands and had quite the day. Jam packed with sights, some history lessons and lots of humour, along with a great lunch at Johnnie Fox's pub (you could spend hours just in there alone) our day was truly fabulous and we have memories to last a lifetime (along with tons of beautiful photos). I would do this again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Knich74
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We recently spent time in Dublin for the first time. What a lovely city! Because I was worried about driving, we decided to hire a driver to take us to county Monaghan where we were visiting our ancestral homeland. We looked at the reviews on trip advisor, and chose Optimum Chauffeur Drive because of it's excellent feedback. Although this was a splurge for us, it was money very well spent! Jimmy Kramer, our driver, was absolutely delightful! From the moment we met, he felt like family. Not only was the car an excellent ride, the personal service from Jimmy was what made the trip for us. My 17 year old daughters were charmed instantly by his Irish accent and by the witty quips and tidbits he offered as we drove. They literally kept a twitter feed going of all the funny things Jimmy said. He made friends everywhere we went so that we could ask the locals how to get to various off-the-beaten-path sites. This was extremely helpful to us in finding places and learning even more about our heritage. Jimmy was very professional and would be well-suited for any type of driving. Born and raised in Dublin, he knows Ireland, it's history and attractions. The staff at Optimum, Sarah and Mary, were also very helpful and professional. They answered my emails at all hours of the day and offered helpful information on accommodations, etc. If you are on the fence about whether to get a driver for Ireland, trust me! You will be so glad you did!

3  Thank steinermayer
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I had the pleasure of taking a short day tour with Optimum Chauffeur drive. From the moment we first contacted Sarah down to the wonderful driver Liam it was nothing but excellent service,an informative tour of Cork and great banter and fun.
I would highly recommend Optimum Chauffeur drive

3  Thank CNicB
Lisa H, Manager at Optimum Chauffeur Drive - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. Liam was thrilled and he also had a great time driving you in Cork. We hope to welcome you back again