The Merrion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Alex(Dublin)
3,636 results
All reviewscellar restaurantgarden wingart collectionthe main houseart teapatrick guilbaudhighly recommend the merriongovernment buildingsdrawing roompublic roomsbeautiful hotelnational galleryturn down servicefive star hotelgrafton streettrinity collegemeriton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We chose the Merrion as it was the number 1 rated Hotel in Dudlin, it was our first stop over for our six week holiday so we were looking forward to getting over our Jet Lag before we started our
Ireland bus tour. Upon check in we were told that they had upgraded us to one if the suites in the main house junior suite we thought ok this is nice once we get into the hallways the young receptionist tells us that they have just painted the hallways however the paint smell should not affect us in our room I did not give it another thought when we first went into the room as we were both quite tired after just having flown 30 hours to get there when the porter came with our luggage
The smell was very strong in the room we rang reception and asked to be moved that dis happen and we moved to a garden room 1st floor small but nice. We did go back at the end of our bus trip and stayed in the main house Merrion suite beautiful great end to our Ireland holiday
Did not want to leave

Room Tip: Have a look at the room before settling in
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth W
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

While I am sorry that the painting work affected you initially I am very pleased that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and did not want to leave. I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you had a comfortable journey home to Australia.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

In Dublin, travelling as a couple enroute to a family wedding (held round the corner at the Shelborne). Just the ticket as far as we were concerned. If you want flash/bling, this is not the place. Just about everything exudes understatement, which in no way detracts from the efficient & helpful front desk, spotless room (we had an inside one, overlooking the gardens), bright public rooms, very adequate breakfast area & well sited/lit indoor pool.

If we had to nit pick - The room towels/robe were more budget quality than is necessary. Service at Breakfast was variable.

Overall : Not cheap but worth the splurge. Assuming the money is there, The Merrion will be my Dublin residence for future visits.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are probably quieter than Main street (Der)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank djaym

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review posted recently.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. Thank you for the feedback about your experience in the Cellar Restaurant at breakfast and about the bathrobes which I have taken onboard fully.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My boyfriend had booked a night for us in the merrion for a birthday treat. From start to finish it was amazing! The staff were so friendly, the food was fab and the room gorgeous! Cannot recommend this hotel enough and encourage anyone wanting to stay in luxury to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Larah44

Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your boyfriend back again and you have more time to relax and spend more time with us!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here as part of a six day tour through Ireland. We came away rating our experience as a "top twenty" urban hotels in the world" based on our travels of fourty years. Don't let the plain façade fool you; much awaits you inside. A classically decorated hotel with warm and friendly service, outstanding food, several dining choices and a terrific restaurant in the stone vaulted basement floor. Outside service in a couple of spots in the inner, private garden and reflecting pool is a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. The Merrion is ideally located central to many sites; Guiness Brewery, Jamieson's Distillery, Christ Church, and many others. You cant lose betting on this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your feedback.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am also pleased that we were able to contribute in someway to the overall enjoyment of your trip.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

What a great location in Dublin. Close to everything but very peaceful. Beautiful drawing rooms to relax, admire the art, have afternoon tea, snack or cocktail. Lovely rooms with understated elegant decor. Staff was helpful when needed and very friendly. Breakfast in The Cellar restarant was very good. Nice buffet, really no need to order a full breakfast unless that is your thing. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Dublin.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dhill100

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.