“Outstanding!”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were there the first week in October, 2013. The care and attention from the staff here is extraordinary in every way. Excellent location, and Ireland's only two-star restaurant is on premises. Try it!

Room Tip: Get to know Patrick, the concierge, and you will be ahead of the game from the start
1  Thank hoyamomNyc
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Peter Mac Cann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,562)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the Merrion in Sept. On arrival in Dublin for 2 nights and at departure from Dublin for two nights. It's a very nice hotel and it's a good location where you can walk to shopping etc... There is also a hop on hop off bus stop right near the hotel. I would not qualify the hotel as a 5 star but would put it in the category of clean, well sized rooms and very good service. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for one of the more recently remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanw8461

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the Merrion a couple of weeks ago as it was the hotel my group decided to book.

The location is quite central. It is an old fashioned 5 star where you will be well taken care of.

The staff is very friendly and very attentive to service.

Beds are comfortable and the room I stayed in was huge.

I had a view onto the Beautiful garden which I was unable to visit as it rained the entire time I was there.

A small criticism on the breakfast. It was not worth the €29 I paid. Despite having so many staff, I struggled to get a glass of orange juice (I had to ask 3 times).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Keyz

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole Thank you for the feedback about your experience in the Cellar Restaurant at breakfast which I have taken onboard fully.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not ill advised. We spent five wonderful nights here and everything was top notch. Our room was serviced early and this was ideal for a short afternoon rest each day before heading out again. Every member of the staff is courteous and helpful and gracious. We had afternoon tea on Friday; they call it Art Tea. It was a highlight of the trip. The pastry chef is a master at creating teacakes inspired by paintings hung around the hotel. A unique and delicious experience. We stayed in the garden section of the hotel and each morning and evening walked past and though a lovely, sculpture filled garden. Our room was large, lovely, and quiet. Elegant drawing rooms burning logs and peat welcomed us each day as we entered the hotel.

1  Thank Arlene B

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Both my colleagues and I found your kind words extremely encouraging, they speak for themselves really.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Nice rooms. Efficient and very comfortable, with everything you need. Good service. Friendly and helpful. Interesting architecture. Terrible service in their restaurant, but otherwise very nice. Just don't eat in the Cellar.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hal013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I was most concerned to read of your experience at dinner in the Cellar Restaurant and I have already followed this up with the team as this is most unusual feedback for us to hear. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and I only hope it will not deter you from staying with us again and to that end please do not hesitate to contact me personally so I can make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our anniversarry trip to Ireland. The Merrion was so lovely! Rooms and facilities were as described on their website, but it was all the small details that made this place amazing. Nicest room I've ever had in Europe, with a wonderful bathroom with shower and a tub. We had one breakfast at the hotel restaurant and some drinks at the Cellar Bar - both were great.
Right after we checked in,the hotel sent up a tasty chocolate mousse as an anniversarry treat - yum!

1  Thank Agent_Becksey

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team and facilities here at The Merrion. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you and your husband did particularly on the occasion of your Anniversary which we were delighted to commemorate!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We chose the Merrion as it was the number 1 rated Hotel in Dudlin, it was our first stop over for our six week holiday so we were looking forward to getting over our Jet Lag before we started our
Ireland bus tour. Upon check in we were told that they had upgraded us to one if the suites in the main house junior suite we thought ok this is nice once we get into the hallways the young receptionist tells us that they have just painted the hallways however the paint smell should not affect us in our room I did not give it another thought when we first went into the room as we were both quite tired after just having flown 30 hours to get there when the porter came with our luggage
The smell was very strong in the room we rang reception and asked to be moved that dis happen and we moved to a garden room 1st floor small but nice. We did go back at the end of our bus trip and stayed in the main house Merrion suite beautiful great end to our Ireland holiday
Did not want to leave

Room Tip: Have a look at the room before settling in
2  Thank Elizabeth W

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

While I am sorry that the painting work affected you initially I am very pleased that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and did not want to leave. I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you had a comfortable journey home to Australia.