The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A great stay from start to finish, a warm and efficient welcome from the check in staff, a very nice room and I used the gym and pool where the staff were equally helpful. The public rooms are a delight and do take a moment to look at the gardens.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NorthShieldsBoy
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and you have as an enjoyable stay as the last.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Peter Mac Cann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,483)

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed recently on a Saturday night with my wife. Everything was perfect from our arrival until our departure, I really did not want to leave. Open fires, relaxing spaces to have afternoon tea or read the papers, swimming pool and gym this hotel has it all.
Breakfast was excellent and the staff were brillant throughout our stay.
I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrMcAl

Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you and we are delighted that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Such an wonderful place. We stayed overnight and ate in Patrick Guilbaud's to celebrate a special occasion. Our room was very comfortable and quiet, overlooking the garden. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Truly deserving of its 5 star status. What an amazing experience also in Patrick Guilbaud's -- stunning food and service. If you want a really special stay in Dublin, stay here!

Room Tip: Quiet rooms overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank martinroundabout

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team and facilities here at The Merrion. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you and your wife did and that you had such a memorable dining experience in Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Merrion is so lovely. The gardens, the room, the cellar cafe and the staff were all wonderful. We stayed in a renovated room on the first floor. The cocktails and the potted salmon were wonderful from the Cellar. The Full Irish breakfast was fantastic. Everyone must try the Irish yogurt-especially the Lemon Curd. I am going to have to find it in the US, I hope. One caveat-I did feel under-dressed while walking through the living room. So bring your A game, not your trying to pack everything in one carry one suitcase game!! The location was great, it was a quick cab drive to most of the downtown locales.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LStravels0407

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your lovely comments which I have shared with all the team here. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again…even if it is just to savour our full Irish breakfast again!

Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

another very positive stay at the merrion.
I know there are other 5 star hotels in Dublin, but we just love it here.
Its consistant, the staff remember you, the location is great, and I love the fact, that once you step inside, you forget you are in a city.
We had brunch on Sunday in the cellar bar and it was really lovely.
crispy bacon to die for......
Looking forward to our next visit in December.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KildareCian

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

My colleagues and I were delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your words are so kind and I can assure you that they have given the entire team a great lift particularly from a loyal guest such as you.

We are genuinely honoured that you stay with us for your visits to Dublin are looking forward to welcoming you back in December your stay then will be as memorable as this was. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly launched Sunday Brunch in our Cellar Bar which is proving to be very popular with hotel patrons and outside guests alike!

Thank you again for your encouraging words

Reviewed 14 October 2013

One of the finest properties I've ever stayed in anywhere. The accommodations were wonderful, the service outstanding, the grounds and gardens delightful and the location is perfect. Great food, great ambience and the staff could not do enough for you. They were friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and quick to respond to your every need.

Our stay was outstanding in every possible way.

We will use The Merrion as a centerpiece for a return trip to Ireland in the next few years .

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a bad one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank imkirsch

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were there the first week in October, 2013. The care and attention from the staff here is extraordinary in every way. Excellent location, and Ireland's only two-star restaurant is on premises. Try it!

Room Tip: Get to know Patrick, the concierge, and you will be ahead of the game from the start
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hoyamomNyc

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.