“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for a weekend, the hotel is beautiful friendly staff. We booked lunch in the cellar restaurant and dinner in Patrick Guilbaud restaurant. Cellar restaurant nice atmosphere but average food. The Patrick Guilbaud restaurant was like theatre ! the service amazing! Food was a bit rich for us as we had the tasting menu. But well worth the theatre for an experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visits to the Cellar Restaurant and Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Peter Mac Cann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cape Town
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had dinner at the Merrion Hotel on the 13th of September.It was my husbands 40th reunion and the class dinner was held at the Merrion. The food was great in a lovely setting.The staff were very friendly and welcoming.It was a very pleasant evening.

Room Tip: We didn't stay at the hotel
Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review following your recent visit to The Merrion.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your dining experience in our Private Dining Rooms located in the historic Mornington House and I have shared them with both the team who served you on the evening along with our Events and Kitchen teams and they say a very big “thank you” as well.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This is our first time in Dublin and we sadly had to check out today after only two nights at this elegant, charming hotel. From the first warm hellos from the doormen to the attentive service at the included breakfast, the knowledgeable concierge's assistance at booking restaurants, providing adaptors and directions and finally the doormen's jokes and well wishes as we departed, the staff was exceptionally trained, gracious and caring.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of many attractions, shops and restaurants. It is well worth the price paid.

We'll be back for a longer stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kentkt
Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that on that occasion you will have more time to relax and enjoy what the Merrion has to offer.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The lounge is great place to relax. I really wish the pillows were a little smaller.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank expat4ever1991
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Boston
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We just finished a 5 night stay at the Merrion. The Merrion was recommended by an Irish friend. We could not have been happier with the warmth of the staff there, the elegance of the hotel and the unbeatable location. It's not often that a hotel can be both welcoming and world class but that is how it is there. You are somehow made to feel that you are home while surrounded by art and surroundings dating back centuries. The room was pristine and lovely. I must say I did have to venture out to other sources for my coffee fixes as the Merrion coffee was not up to my picky standards but they even help direct me to where I could find a wonderful Cafe Americano around the corner. I

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnneontheroadBoston
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here. It is extremely heartening to read your words of praise for my colleagues as each and every one of them strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

Pewsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A great stay from start to finish, a warm and efficient welcome from the check in staff, a very nice room and I used the gym and pool where the staff were equally helpful. The public rooms are a delight and do take a moment to look at the gardens.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NorthShieldsBoy
Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and you have as an enjoyable stay as the last.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Belfast
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed recently on a Saturday night with my wife. Everything was perfect from our arrival until our departure, I really did not want to leave. Open fires, relaxing spaces to have afternoon tea or read the papers, swimming pool and gym this hotel has it all.
Breakfast was excellent and the staff were brillant throughout our stay.
I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrMcAl
Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you and we are delighted that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.