“Great hotel”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were at the Merrion at the end of August this year. It had everything a hotel should have -- friendly people, great service, beautiful inside and out, and a great location. The interior was very nicely decorated, both in the rooms and the public areas. They have a wonderland breakfast in their Cellar restaurant.

No review of this hotel would be complete without mentioning the Art Tea. They have a beautiful tea service in the afternoon with sweet and savory items, all wonderful. Then for dessert (who knew there was dessert after tea?) they bring out three magnificent pastries. Each pastry is inspired by a piece of art in the hotel. It was amazing.

We had booked a regular room. We were upgraded to an amazing suite with a master bath. The suite had a very comfortable living room and a half bath. And there was a small for my son (15) to sleep on a rollaway bed.

Traveled with friends AND family. The site won't let me pick more than one category below.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dante709
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review following your stay with us last August and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your visits to our Cellar Restaurant and Drawing Rooms.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We've been all over the world, and have to say this place has it all! From its central location to the friendliest nicest staff we ever experienced, this place cannot be beat. They deserve each of their five stars, and we'll def stay there any time we are in Dublin.
The rooms are lovely, large, and super quiet (a big bonus, considering you're right in the midst of everything). The breakfast was astonishingly great. And the entire staff deserves a "niceness" award...there wasn't a thing they wouldn't do for their guests (and they often went above-and-beyond). You just can't go wrong here...so just go!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maris1_31
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Both my colleagues and I found your kind words extremely encouraging, they speak for themselves really.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I recently got the most amazing spa treatment in Tethra Spa in the Merrion Hotel. It was the first time I've had a hot stones massage and I will most definitely be getting one again. I felt so relaxed and rejuvenated after the treatment. My therapist, Laura really tailored the massage to my needs and even spent time with me afterwards explaining the benefits of the hot stones and giving me tips and advice on my skin routine, various products, etc. I couldn't recommend this spa highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Maura C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent treatment in our Tethra Spa.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and both Laura and I were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience.

I am glad that you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated and I only hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We only stayed for one night but the hotel has a wonderful ambience with extremely professional and helpful staff.

While it is pricey I still think it offers good value for money compared to other hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jamie P

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Haven't stayed here for several years - nothing to do with quality - more to do with price! However were invited to the 'Cellar' for dinner by friends visiting the city and was most impressed. The food was very much above average and atmosphere not at all stuffy. Plenty of fish and chips with fine wine was the order of the day! What not to love? The waitress was extremely impressive in her memory of given orders with English obviously not her first language. Quite a feat!
All in all would love to return!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank FermanaghKeys

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us following your dinner in our Cellar Bar.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal so thoroughly and that the ambience met with your liking. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again...perhaps to enjoy our very popular, newly launched Sunday Brunch in the Cellar Bar.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed on Saturday and had a wonderful night, the room was fantastic and all the staff were wonderful and most welcoming. After check-in we headed for a drink in the Cellar Bar had the skinny soup a bit late for me but it was lovely, we then want back to our Suite to get ready for the evening. Had a lovely meal in the Cellar Restaurant, the staff were very friendly and attentive. We finished the night with a drink in the drawing rooms lovely and cozy especially with the fire being lighting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Declan2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following you and your wife’s recent stay.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience here at The Merrion and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you both back again.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The location cannot be bettered, just beside the House of Parliament. The staff are very professional, but a little clinical and cold. They are mostly Eastern European, and hard-working. The bar menu is superb, from club sandwiches to soup. The ambience is low-key and well-off, people meeting for afternoon tea after shopping. The fairly pretentious French restaurant Guilbaud is next-door. There are numerous other restaurants in the area. Rooms are quite nice, standard fare. The garden outside is nice for a short walk.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A H

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was pleased to read your comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel and hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.