“Lovely family stay”

Ranked #1 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Kansas City, Missouri
“Lovely family stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed with our 3 teenagers in mid December. Each staff member we encountered was polite, friendly and helpful. The rooms were well-decorated and peaceful. The included breakfast in the Cellar restaurant was high-quality. My husband and I loved having drinks in the evening by the fireplaces in the lovely, cozy sitting rooms. We were able to easily walk to museums, Grafton street, Trinity College, and the like from the hotel.

I would happily stay here again on another trip to Dublin!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

We are all delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to enjoy the surroundings and facilities on offer here at The Merrion!

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback.

Peter Mac Cann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel is excellent in every way. Staff excelled themselves after I discovered on arrival I had been robbed at the airport. Although nothing to do with the hotel they made the whole experience as painless as possible. The style of the hotel was sofisticated but relaxed often difficult to achieve.
The facilities were exellent, I loved the pool but would like to have seen children banned at certain times so you could be sure not to bump into them (and their nannies).
The restaurant was also very good, not always the case in top hotels.
Would recommend and return.

Room Tip: We were upgraded and loved the room in the main building
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 8Fifi
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your encouraging comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much, even after such a distressing experience at the airport before arriving to us. I am so happy to learn that all the staff here at the Merrion made your remaining stay in Ireland a memorable one.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

From the moment we arrived at The Merrion we were treated with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. So refreshing to see ample well trained staff, with humour and instinct as well as a wealth of local knowledge.
It being Christmas time, the hotel was decorated with an array of beautiful lights, making the most of its natural charm, and giving us a really special experience.
The room was gorgeous, with a wonderfully comfy bed and luxurious bathroom, including really good scales which showed me as half a stone lighter than my own at home!! A small extra would have been a duvet on the bed - the nice quality blanket provided was not quite cosy enough for a December night.
We really wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy the delightful sitting rooms and terrace, as well as try the fabulous looking pool. This hotel had something wonderful to see around every corner, and we will definitely return when next in Dublin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the absolutely wonderful review following your recent stay with us which I was pleased to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Every one of my colleagues’ endeavors to provide our guests with as comfortable a stay as possible and we are glad that you had such an enjoyable time. Your words speak for themselves really and have given the entire team a big boost.

We are honored to be your hotel of choice when visiting Dublin and I hope it won’t be too long before we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed on a winter getaway deal for one night for our 5th anniversary. We had a plate of cupcakes put in the room which was a lovely touch. Gorgeous room, huge bed and bathroom and sitting area. Lovely swim and excellent breakfast-an excellent romantic escape!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your generous comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel and I have shared them with all my colleagues. We are delighted that you chose to spend your anniversary with us and you enjoyed the cupcakes.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again for many more anniversaries to come.

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Did not completely meet our expectations..

on arrival, escorted to our room which was very spacious, clean and comfortable, we were then given a "brief" overview of the hotel facilites. unfortunately, this was rushed and we were left still unsure re the restaurant / pool opening times etc etc

service, overall very good but not 100% (slow on busy periods in restaraunt) not good when you are dining with young children!

staff (in all areas), extremely helpful and polite

location, great for grafton street etc

would definately stay here again !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnydays24
Dear Guest,

While I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay, I am disappointed that you felt rushed upon being shown to your room as that was not our intention. Thank you for letting me know and I will follow up with our Front of House Team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our short stay and would stay here again next visit! The rooms were comfortable and the staff most helpful. We loved the art collection on display. The location was ideal for us, and we were able to walk to all the points of interest.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently following your stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and perusing our art collection.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The staff is fabulous, not just warm and welcoming but a bit of old Ireland. Of course, what do I know, I'm a New Yorker originally from California. And the Hotel is first rate. The rooms are luxurious and clean with intelligent furniture that facilitates the tea service..available right in the rooms. There were freshly baked cookies delivered to the room daily for that tea. Terrific.
And the teenagers in our party loved the luxury and High Tea (a bit pricey). Dinner in the cellar restaurant was great. Extraordinary desserts. Great Stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially our Art Afternoon Tea and desserts. Your words are so kind and I can assure you that they have given the entire team a great boost. They all join me in thanking you for sharing your appreciation with us.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege and the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you again for your encouraging words.